It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Study Reveals HUGE Extent of Anti-Trump Media Bias

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Wow. What part of reading Fox News' opinion pieces do you not understand? I might not have been clear and for that I apologize. Forget those stupid opinion pieces that you are stuck on. I've been reading a lot of Fox News articles.
And no my source does not prove you right. Apparently you missed the other percentage. And apparently you haven't read enough.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

On your source FOX was 51% negative towards Obama.

Compare that with 93% negative towards Trump by the liberal media.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

For Obama on Fox, by contrast, 6% of the stories studied were positive while 46% were negative-a difference of 40 points. That compared with an 11-point negative differential for the media in general.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The irony here is people here dismiss whatever Harvard has to say because it's a filthy liberal university. But they'll accept them if it fits their narrative.

Really that goes for everything..

It's fake news, except the stuff I like ..

Lol

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

46% negative on Obama by FOX.

So does that mean I should expect a 46% negative by the liberal outlets on Trump? What about Romney?

on MSNBC ... in the coverage of Romney. ...just 3% were positive in nature while 71% were negative.

so we have FOX, who is ~50% negative on Obama and ~50% negative on Trump, and then we have other networks who are positive on Obama, negative on Romney, Negative on Trump...

Wonder which seems fairest ...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I get it. You think the media is biased against Trump and not because of his behavior. Maybe, just maybe, it's because he's that bad.
Not that important right now since it's too early to tell. Give Trump time.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I get it. You think the media is biased against Trump and not because of his behavior. Maybe, just maybe, it's because he's that bad.
Not that important right now since it's too early to tell. Give Trump time.

So the media was heavily biased against Romney because Trump is bad too?

Apparently you don't get anything. FOX was ~50% negative to both Obama and trump. If they were biased like the liberal media we'd see the 70%+ negative like we saw towards Romney.

The liberal media was positive towards Obama, and negative against Romney and Trump, and McCain.

I think when Trump had taken office and had done literally nothing yet CNN and the liberal media were broadcasting #resist and #whitelash and all kinds of negative things when he had literally done nothing yet.

It's obvious. Even Bill Clinton said the media is liberal and wondered why they wouldn't be nicer to him because he's a democrat.
edit on 20-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yeah. Your opinion. Anyway who really cares. We all already know the media is biased, including Fox News. You think the media is biased against Trump just cause they don't like Trump. I think (many of us do) that it's because Trump is THAT bad.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

She didn't win because of that negative media coverage....

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

On your source FOX was 51% negative towards Obama.

Compare that with 93% negative towards Trump by the liberal media.

I think that shows how much negative # Trump does and says before it shows how much biased there is in the media lately. If he could stop using Twitter, for a few weeks, and stop trying to throw his weight around as POTUS when nobody respects him he might just be able to get some stuff done w/out constant bad media.

You'll notice they didn't bother to show numbers for the traditionally neutral news outlets. They cherry picked their data here to give a false narrative, or everyone against the little snowflake Trump.
edit on 20-5-2017 by VoxVirtus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Christosterone

What exactly is there to say positively about Donald Trump that would swing these numbers the other way in the first place?

How about this? - he isn't Hillary.
The scumbag Leftist MSM wanted their scumbag Queen to have her coronation, they basically banked their reputations on her winning and now they are the laughing stock of biased reporting.
Half of them were reporting 2 days before the election that Hillary had a 70% or better chance of winning
They will try to do everything they can to try to swing the minds of the people against him, no matter what he does that is good.
Hell...if Trump cured cancer, these slobs would still bitch about him.

Actually.. and this is something nobody talks about..

The pre election polls by the MSM almost nailed the popular vote % on the money.

The only thing wrong about the polls was the distribution of those votes in a geographical area.

With a vote volume of over 120 millio.. if you were to tell me a candidate had a 2.1% popular vote lead.. I'd say there was more than a 70% chance of them winning an election too.

Trumps election defies logic

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's not alot..

But you did see that Fox news is actually MORE anti-Trump than Anti-Obama right? By 1%...

So naturally.. if your own people don't even like you.. you are going to have a tough time with your adversaries

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Fox is a conservative outlet. Trump isn't a conservative. This analysis is inaccurate.

Either way though, it shows Fox is fairly consistent across candidates. Unless all you watch is Hannity.
edit on 20 5 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Fox is a conservative outlet. Trump isn't a conservative. This analysis is inaccurate.

Actually you're right. But let's not remind Trumpkins of that or they'll melt like snowflakes.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

It's not alot..

But you did see that Fox news is actually MORE anti-Trump than Anti-Obama right? By 1%...

So naturally.. if your own people don't even like you.. you are going to have a tough time with your adversaries

1% is negligible. The fact they are roughly the same for Trump and Obama and everyone else, while the other outlets are positive towards all democrats and negative towards all Republicans shows FOX is by far the most fair and unbiased of them all.

If this bias only came to light for trump it could be argued this is Trump, and not the networks, but since this bias was against McCain, Romney, AND Trump .. while FOX has been consistent with everyone, shows who is fair and who is not.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Either way though, it shows Fox is fairly consistent across candidates.

I agree.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Actually the poll that is the most accurate year after year had Trump winning the election.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Trump behaves like a bull in a china shop. That's true I think. The media is used to make or break people. They are so complacent. First I was against Trump but it's so obvious the media is trying to break him that I am beginning to like the mental power of that man.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

a reply to: DupontDeux

The only way you can get to 93% negative coverage is if you are biased. It's not that hard to understand. Where do you think Fox gets their 48% positive coverage from? There have been good things happening, some stations just don't report them. That's bias. How do you not understand that? Is your bias keeping you from thinking straight?

How do I not understand that?
My bias keeping me from thinking straight?

Are you kidding me?

Oh, come on, read what I write! I say that THE STUDY does not find a bias against trump, but simply write it up as as a general bias towards negativity.

I even start my post with this:

Look, I find it obvious that there is a bias against Trump.

And I explicitly say that I find it problematic that Harvard, in the face of overwhelmingly negative coverage of Trump, does not even entertain the idea that there is an anti-Trump bias in the media and that it shows Harvard themselves to be biased!

And, yes, I also explicitly say that I disagree with said dismissal of an anti-Trump bias. What more do you want me to say to make it clear that 'I do understand and my bias does not keep me from thinking straight'?

Man, this forum sometimes...

edit on 20-5-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You are absolutely right OP

You gotta be a teenage girl at this point not to see what's going on

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join