It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish prosecutors drop Julian Assange rape investigation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: Kryties
So you can't pinpoint any crimes that have led to investigation, prosecution and conviction then. Glad we've sorted that out.

Way to not only ignore, but completely miss the point of what I said.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Video of the press conference:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: uncommitted

Legal duty? What on earth are you talking about?

Most everything the US does is ILLEGAL. That includes military aggression around the planet, torture, rendition, murder and much more.

I'm talking facts, what are you talking about. As Assange has been a fugitive from Swedish justice, hiding out in another country's embassy which is in the UK, the UK government is legally bound to ensure that there is a sufficient police presence to prevent him absconding. That's a legal duty the UK had to Sweden. Quite how your rant fits into that I'm not sure.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Amazing that you believe everything he says and also amazing that if innocent he's hidden away for 7 years by his own doing yet says he was detained isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Salander
You should consider informing yourself about the many definitions of rape in Sweden. It's absurd.

Rape is rape. The allegations directed towards Assange would have been considered rape under English Law. Both Magistrates' Court and the High Court said that the charges against Assange would constitute rape in England.

You're not one of these people who think rape's OK are you?

The case has been dropped. That's it. There was no rape.

The case being dropped does not mean rape did not occur, what a ridiculous comment.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

So you can't pinpoint any crimes that have led to investigation, prosecution and conviction then. Glad we've sorted that out.

Way to not only ignore, but completely miss the point of what I said.

You talk of criminal acts being exposed - but obviously not criminal enough for prosecution. Like I said, apart from helping Trump into the White House there hasn't been that much that the creepy guy has really exposed.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Amazing that you believe everything he says and also amazing that if innocent he's hidden away for 7 years by his own doing yet says he was detained isn't it?

The U.N. itself called it "arbitrary detention". Apparently you think you know more than the United Nations.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You talk of criminal acts being exposed - but obviously not criminal enough for prosecution.

Let me ask you again, seeing as you are clearly incapable of reading plain English and answering simple questions: How does one go about prosecuting the entire US Military and the entire NSA and everyone who authorised them to commit atrocities and unchecked surveillance?

Awaiting your answer to the question I have now had to ask twice......

Like I said, apart from helping Trump into the White House there hasn't been that much that the creepy guy has really exposed.

Really? So the video of US Apache pilots gunning down Reuters journalists, plus the release of proof of NSA spying plus everything else he has done doesn't register on your radar? I think it does actually, but you deliberately ignore it because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Here's a nice long list of everything Assange has exposed - please read it carefully before making yourself look like a total ass again:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19/5/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
They do know Police can Legally lie to do a investigation right? SO show up with a fake promise to not arrest him. when he leaves the ink dissappears and or the name is a fake attached to it. Then he is extradited to the US.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't think Assange is that stupid. He, of all people, is well aware of the nefarious tactics law enforcement institutions are capable of.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
First Comey, then Manning. Now Assange. Interesting indeed.. It all seems to fit into a pattern but I can't figure it out as I'm apolitical and am not following Wikileaks as closely as others do.

Just stating the obvious.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That puts to rest the debate of him being dead. Glad this happened. It sets a dangerous precedent if the US arrests him

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I don't think Assange is that stupid. He, of all people, is well aware of the nefarious tactics law enforcement institutions are capable of.

Oh we all know he is going to be black bagged or end up accidentally dead when he leaves. He is a dead man walking.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I agree with the sentiment except for the fact that Assange is known worldwide now......anything that "happens" to him will immediately be blamed on the US and the ensuing poostorm will not be pretty. I think the US will also not be that stupid.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i'm assuming he still has his kill switch in play (considering he's not dead, after all). and given the fact that EVERYONE is champing at the bit to release, release, release, if anything happened to him it could all go crazy in the blink of an eye.
that being said, i sure wish all of these "insiders" and "sources" with "vital and important information" would just release it all already.
i'd have to be the "hero" and shout, shout, let it all out! i mean, then i might die, but i'd die with a big fat grin on my face.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I agree with the sentiment except for the fact that Assange is known worldwide now......anything that "happens" to him will immediately be blamed on the US and the ensuing poostorm will not be pretty. I think the US will also not be that stupid.

So you think being famous stops someone from killing you?? By the way odds would be good it wasn't the US. Assange has made lots of enemies including the Russians.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Any connection to Bradly Manning's release?

(apols if already asked)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They should just let the guy leave he'll fade into the background once he don't have his captive audience

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Did you read ANY part of that article I linked above?

Yes. Did you read mine? You contend that Assange is innocent because he says so. I contend that the courts should have made that determination.

They did make that determination they have dropped the charges, you just don't like it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So you think being famous stops someone from killing you?? By the way odds would be good it wasn't the US. Assange has made lots of enemies including the Russians.

10 to one odds on Polonium poisioning.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join