It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish prosecutors drop Julian Assange rape investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If he steps out of the embassy he will get a free ride to Gitmo.

Unfortunately that does remain a danger to him for the time being yes.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
He went from a valuable asset to a dangerous liability.
Those he helped the most have in-short, double crossed him.
Do not be surprised by anything that happens.

Buck

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: uncommitted

Why?

Well first of all, Assange is someone who promotes freedom of information, prevents the keeping of secrets where they cover up a criminal act on the part of governments, and therefore is a friend to anyone who has a love of liberty. If we get the right leadership, they will have the same vested interest in Assanges freedom, as will any just and moral person in this country.

How do you know he promotes freedom of information? He promotes wikileaks and stolen data being distributed. List the criminal acts he's exposed - I'm not sure how many heads I've seen on the block as a result of anything. More to the point, why should this country spend any more tax payers money on offering him protection? I'm sure Russia would welcome him with open arms, he can keep Snowden company and he will still get the attention he craves so much.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

How do you know he promotes freedom of information? He promotes wikileaks and stolen data being distributed. List the criminal acts he's exposed - I'm not sure how many heads I've seen on the block as a result of anything. More to the point, why should this country spend any more tax payers money on offering him protection? I'm sure Russia would welcome him with open arms, he can keep Snowden company and he will still get the attention he craves so much.

Clearly someone doesn't like the fact Assange released information that proved how intrusive America is into peoples lives and also war atrocities committed by the US. Why is that?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

How long have you got? What is your infatuation?

No need to get snarky, I asked a simple question.

I wasn't being sarky, you seem blindly in love with the guy.

Anyway, rather than type it twice, see my response to TrueBrit plus add in the fact that Assange is a self promoting, narcissistic showman. I personally think Sweden have given up because Ecuador won't push him out and there's no way he'll freely leave to face charges.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

"Blindly in love"? So apparently, in you're bizarre world view, admiring and supporting someone who has made the world a better place by whistleblowing means im "blindly in love"? Well done on totally discrediting yourself.

Anyway, rather than type it twice, see my response to TrueBrit plus add in the fact that Assange is a self promoting, narcissistic showman. I personally think Sweden have given up because Ecuador won't push him out and there's no way he'll freely leave to face charges.

You have an irrational hatred of a man who has done nothing but good for this world.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

How do I know?

Well, I have information available to me because of his organisation and what it does, that I would not have otherwise, information I SHOULD have as a citizen of the world, and of my country, information which both independent of other data, and collectively, helps me understand better the rights and wrongs of many issues in the world today, as well as understanding the best way forward in terms of how to vote, who for, why, and more importantly, how to shape a future which contains less of the blatant corporatocratic and tyrannical abuses of power, which are detailed in the information I have, as a result of Wikileaks existence.

So in answer to your question, I know he promotes freedom of information, because I have been a beneficiary of that information. And you are absolutely right that you will not have seen many heads on the block, over what his organisation has helped reveal. That is yet more of a reason to back the man. The enemies of truth appear immune to justice. Those enemies are not just his enemies, but mine also, because I value truth over all considerations, including the petty concerns of those who wish to jealously guard their mere mortal lives, without considering the importance of liberty, that it has a greater value than mere existence, and ought to come before life, not a close or distant second to it, in terms of what one will risk to keep it or expand ones access to it.

And as for why we ought to spend money protecting the man... we spend money protecting criminals who sell arms to those with whom we are at war, all the time. Barely a soul bats an eye. Here is a man who removes the blindfolds from about the eyes of the people, and you question his value, despite his actions being designed to give people more and better and more honest information about their circumstances, whereas we spend money protecting the sort of scum who like us kept in the dark and fearful, because we are more likely to permit our government to throw good money after bad in that condition...

Something appears to be off with your priorities.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

"Blindly in love"? So apparently, in you're bizarre world view, admiring and supporting someone who has made the world a better place by whistleblowing means im "blindly in love"? Well done on totally discrediting yourself.

You have an irrational hatred of a man who has done nothing but good for this world.

I don't have an irrational hate, I've got a rational dislike. You really think he's made the world a better place? I think all he's really done is contribute to Trump being the American president. Again, list the criminal acts that have been exposed, and who has been investigated, prosecuted and convicted for them. Given the amount of stolen data wikileaks has distributed, surely 10 examples - all the way through to conviction mind - shouldn't be too hard?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Something appears to be off with your priorities.

I can't see the point in responding to the rest of your speech, usual waffle when you get on your soapbox. My priorities do not include paying for the protection of an Australian showman. Are you entitled to see ALL information that is classified? Of course, you think you are, that doesn't mean you should be.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I don't have an irrational hate, I've got a rational dislike.

Irrational dislike then. Either way it's bizarre and doesn't hold true to the reality of what Assange has done.

You really think he's made the world a better place?

Yes he has. Provably and multiple times.

I think all he's really done is contribute to Trump being the American president.

Admittedly I was a bit pissed at him for that but his good deeds FAR outweigh the bad.

Again, list the criminal acts that have been exposed, and who has been investigated, prosecuted and convicted for them. Given the amount of stolen data wikileaks has distributed, surely 10 examples - all the way through to conviction mind - shouldn't be too hard?

How do you suggest that the US Military and the NSA be prosecuted?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I am certainly entitled to see any classified information which should not be classified, and has only been classified to protect the reputation of an institution, individual, company or other entity. That is what the vast majority of what gets released, consists of. Items which are only classified to keep powerful people from being inconvenienced by their becoming common knowledge, be that inconvenience a legal hurdle, or a drop in popularity with the voters at a crucial stage, or some such.

Information which should not have been classified, MUST be as widely distributed as possible, because every time someone classifies something for unacceptable reasons, there is a beast abroad which must be captured, crippled and then killed, someone trying to control a narrative, someone trying to make crude oil look like treacle. This cannot go on. It must end. The easier it is to reveal it when it happens, the easier it will eventually be to take the head from the beasts who pull the strings.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

So i guess we can be sure that it was BS from the get go?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

So i guess we can be sure that it was BS from the get go?

I'd put money on that assumption yeah.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I wonder if the US DOJ will file charges against Assange in order to make a deal with him. They could ask for the source of the DNC information in exchange for a reduced sentence.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
First of all I want to say congratulations and it's about time. But the conspiracy side of me wonders, is it possible that there was pressure to drop the rape case? Would that put the embassy in the position to force assange out, therefor making it possible for the uk/us to arrest him?

I'm just wondering if the embassy will keep him there without the rape charges over his head, and if there is no "official" warrant on him now he is free to walk out or possibly forced out, but as soon as he walks out the arrest warrant from the us/uk will magically show up.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Or... could dropping charges in the rape case be part of a deal to get Assange talking.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Ahh, never thought of that, I know he has alot of dirt/info on people and governments up his sleeve, but what exactly would be be talking about and to whom?

So many "ifs", I was just thinking what if there was a deal made for his freedom because he knows, or learned, alot more about what happened to seth. And they want him to stay quiet. I hope that's the case and after he's free he spills the beans anyway.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

“If he, at a later date, makes himself available, I will be able to decide to resume the investigation immediately.”

Marianne Ny's one woman crusade continues.

They still want him arrested for skipping bail.

Police in London said they would still be obliged to arrest him if he left.
The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) said Mr Assange still faced the lesser charge of failing to surrender to a court, an offence punishable by up to a year in prison or a fine
www.bbc.co.uk...

Justice for Assange !
Big fat raspberry for Ny.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They still want him arrested for skipping bail.

However, they noted he was now wanted for a “much less serious offence’’ and said their resourcing would therefore be “proportionate to that offence’’ - indicating they had little interest in proactively pursuing him.

edit on 19/5/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very sad that he did not have the courage of his innocence to face his accusers. Well, other celebrities are still being dragged back to the courts decades after their abuse, we may yet see justice. There are reports that the victims are very upset that he's being allowed to get away with it.

There's legal formalities to go through, but he'll be walking around London in a few days. Then he'll be deported back to Australia because I imagine his visa has run out (shame). Otherwise he'll do a runner. My bet's on Russia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join