It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Officials Threaten To Seize 2,000 Acre Organic Farm, Spray It With Roundup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oregon Officials Threaten To Seize 2,000 Acre Organic Farm, Spray It With Roundup

Sherman County Oregon believes the 2,000 acre Azure Farms is not doing enough to control Canada Thistle, a noxious weed. In this case, not doing enough means not spraying weeds with herbicides. To remedy the alleged problem, the county proposes seizing the farm and spraying everything with Roundup and other herbicides. Azure Farms is certified organic. Of course, organic farms cannot by definition use herbicides, so the farm would be forced out of business by the county government.

The farm will be forced to use Roundup and more and possibly loose their property.
Which they will loose their Organic certification. I don't agree here and believe people have the right to choose organic or not, as this can affect the local organic market in the state. Title as by article.

Azure Organic Farm Standoff with State Authorities Sherman County Oregon

The Video

edit on 18-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: video issues

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Once again, our glorious public servants doing their best to protect corporate interests. Hurray for the big guy.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Disgraceful. It seems to me that the farmers could just double their efforts to remove the weed in question. I wonder if the county has even given them that option. A government that can take control over private land and business is proof that we do not live in a free country.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Good news..

vimeo.com... l=0_acd12c4f7f-001d1c2835-96411465

Seems they have decided to work together to solve the problem..

No spraying for now,,,,,,,

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
Good news..

Awesome.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Organic foods are not good for the pharmaceutical industries, if you do not get sick, how on earth are they going to make money?
edit on 18-5-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
Good news..

Nice, has been getting a lot of attention but not on this site however.

Props to the help all.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

edit on 18-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: double post

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I got thistles in my yard, they grow wild out back. They are an excellent medicine. so are dandelions. If the other farmers around there are using roundup, what is the problem? I chop my thistle down before it goes to seed, but always let a few survive, it never hurts to have a little thistle around the house for an emergency, a little yarrow is good too..

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I got thistles in my yard, they grow wild out back. They are an excellent medicine. so are dandelions. If the other farmers around there are using roundup, what is the problem? I chop my thistle down before it goes to seed, but always let a few survive, it never hurts to have a little thistle around the house for an emergency, a little yarrow is good too..

I agree with the thistle comments. However, spaying the Roundup there poses to contaminate their crops. With that they will loose their organic certification.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Isn't round up a Monsanto creation? One which only their pathetic genetically modified seed can survive?

You know, the one incapable of reproduction.

Basically the stupidest thing you could do with a farm would be to spray it with poison that only a certain breed of food would grow in- and that breed is a donkey that you can't use to grow the next year's crops.

I weep for what greed has done to our species.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Noxious weeds are nothing that you want to get into your fields, these guys have 2000 acres of them next to neighbouring farms.

It's some religious group that owns the farm, they claimed religious immunity initially.

Control your weeds or someone else will do it for you.

“Neighboring farms, including those at some distance from Azure, are being impacted by the spread of noxious weed seeds from Azure’s property. The ability of surrounding wheat farms to continue to produce certified wheat seed and the reputation of the entire area for producing high quality wheat, with virtually no weed contamination, are at risk.”

March 2: Asher sent the farm’s parent company, Ecclesia of Sinai at Dufur, a weed control ordinance violation notice. The letter listed 15 company properties covering 1,922 acres in the Moro area. It gave the farm 30 days to submit a plan to control Rush skeleton, classified by the county as a Class A noxious weed, and Canada thistle, Morning Glory and White Top, all Class B noxious weeds.

March 27: Ecclesia of Sinai responded that the county didn’t have jurisdiction over it and cited biblical justification for not sprayin

rest of the story
edit on 19-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

No, actually, once again it's self righteous muppets who mismanage their land, then cry foul when they get caught doing it.

Here's a less biased article that doesn't contain hyperbole that gets you lot all moist..

www.capitalpress.com...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Noxious weeds are nothing that you want to get into your fields, these guys have 2000 acres of them next to neighbouring farms.

It's some religious group that owns the farm, they claimed religious immunity initially.

Control your weeds or someone else will do it for you

Monsatan will come and kill every weed and beneficial organism within your soil for you!

That is a large swath of land, they would need quite the staff to manage that much of an outbreak. Maybe back burn, plough and sow? After reading the list of weeds, they would regrow, I am unaware of Class A "Rush Skelton" ill have to look it up, but if its worse than morning glory and thistle they may be better of with napalm or a small A-Bomb. #×@€ it would even regrow after that call in Monsatan.

edit on 19-5-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Also..

Azure’s difficulty in meeting their obligation to control noxious weeds and protect their neighbors is puzzling to us, as the vast majority of farmers, including many organic and conventional producers, successfully meet their weed control obligations year-after-year,”

www.owgl.org... (pdf)

Like I said, these clowns are innept but have found a way to appeal to the natural news mob.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

There is two sides to every story.

You do not want to have a farm beside a 2000 acre seed bomb filled with Class A and B noxious weeds.

Control you weeds and quit claiming religious immunity you nutbars.

Wheat farmer Bryan Cranston, who grows certified seed next to Azure Farms, said its weed problems have gotten progressively worse over the years. Cranston said he spoke to Selzer and told him, “I don’t drift chemicals on you, I’d appreciate it if weeds don’t drift on me.”

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

No, actually, once again it's self righteous muppets who mismanage their land, then cry foul when they get caught doing it.

Here's a less biased article that doesn't contain hyperbole that gets you lot all moist..

www.capitalpress.com...

Yeah, I didn't find your less biased article before hand, thanks.

However,

SMH
Uncalled for there.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Wtf man...

I was on the fence about you, but now I believe you are just a shill. Not misguided, not just foreign and I'll informed... Nope. You are truly shillful in your craft.

I let dandilions grow in my yard.. Have I totally mismanaged my piece of land?

You tool.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I let dandilions grow in my yard.. Have I totally mismanaged my piece of land?

Is your yard 2000 acres?

I grew up on a farm, you DO NOT want to have some hillbilly that doesn't look after his land across the road from you.

It directly infringes on your abiity to earn a living from your own land.

Your youtube link is telling people to eat morning glory and Canada Thistle...It also says no laws were broken, and that is not true, there are laws that are on the books about controlling noxious weeds.

Yea well the farmers next door aren't in the business of growing weeds.
edit on 19-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Perahps this expalins why.

Notes by Dr Lawrence Dunegan, of a speech given on March 20, 1969 by Dr Richard Day (1905-89), an insider of the "Order,"
www.overlordsofchaos.com...

Food Control
Food supplies would come under tight control. If population growth didn't slow down, food shortages could be created in a hurry and people would realize the dangers of overpopulation. Ultimately, whether the population slows down or not the food supply is to be brought under centralized control so that people would have enough to be well-nourished but they would not have enough to support any fugitive from the new system. In other words, if you had a friend or relative who didn't sign on [tape ends abruptly and continues on side two] … And growing ones own food would be outlawed. This would be done under some sort of pretext. In the beginning, I mentioned there were two purposes for everything -one the ostensible purpose and one the real purpose- and the ostensible purpose here would be that growing your own vegetables was unsafe, it would spread disease or something like that. So the acceptable idea was to protect the consumer but the real idea was to limit the food supply and growing your own food would be illegal. And if you persist in illegal activities like growing your own food, then you're a criminal.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join