It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laptop bombs coming soon according to U.N

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have to wonder what new legislation will be passed due to this "certainty." It seems to me it's any and everything to keep people in fear.

"OMG, let's be afraid of laptop carriers now. They might have a bomb." It just never ends.

U.N warning

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Well laptops have been around for a long time now, and the terrorists weren't clever enough to figure this out.

So the UN official and the BBC are making sure everyone knows they can do this.

This is how things work in the War on Terror.

"Oh you didn't know you could bomb us this way? Well, we're waiting and preparing!"

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Brought to you by the people who have vested interest is promoting tablets over laptops.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
I have to wonder what new legislation will be passed due to this "certainty." It seems to me it's any and everything to keep people in fear.

"OMG, let's be afraid of laptop carriers now. They might have a bomb." It just never ends.

U.N warning

It's so obvious that they just want use to be afraid all the time. There is no strategic reason, other than keeping US citizens afraid, to have shared this info. In fact if any terrorist did read this article and were planing on using laptops as bombs , well now they know to make damn sure they don't get caught.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
How dare they disclose this information. The Russians could be listening

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Brought to you by the people who have vested interest is promoting tablets over laptops.

Grab those USB power packs and modify them into bombs. Price/charge wise they're cheap, and accessible. Each has more power than a hand grenade.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think we have to worry about the batteries exploding more than bombs being in them. Gee, there sure have been a lot of injuries and fires caused by batteries in the last few years.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Actually, it's strategically brilliant. Guess what happens when people are in fear? They don't see the forest for the 🌲 s. Fear isn't very conducive to clear thinking.

By the way, what's the "terror" alert now? Orange? Red? Pink? 😑😑 Ridiculousness.
edit on 18-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Actually, it's strategically brilliant. Guess what happens when people are in fear? They don't see the forest for the 🌲 s. Fear isn't very conducive to clear thinking.

By the way, what's the "terror" alert now? Orange? Red? Pink? 😑😑 Ridiculousness.

Exactly. Good post.

I think the alert level is at "be afraid, be very very afraid!"

You wanna know what a real clear and present danger is?
Car wrecks.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I read an article a couple of years ago.... Furniture
edit on 18-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think we have to worry about the batteries exploding more than bombs being in them. Gee, there sure have been a lot of injuries and fires caused by batteries in the last few years.

Off topic: Battery tech is one of the main reason humans haven't freed themselves from the oppression that is the 40 hour work week.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

"Frightening." Seriously though, yeah, I understand that anything could be rendered dangerous in today's world, but the fear mongering over everything is a bit much.

I just refuse to live my life in constant fear. Fireballs, terrorists, global warming, economic collapse, WW3, the list goes on. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen and there's nothing all the fear we can collectively muster will do to change it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You know what I thought about a few years ago?

Imagine if our PC's, Laptops, Phones all had c4 in them timed to go off on a certain day all at the same... let's say those that are manufactured in China for example and the Chinese wanted to kill a lot of people (Hyperthetically speaking) or we can pretend we get our Tech from Iran. Imagine the death rate from that scenario.

top topics

join