It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Molecular ‘Key’ to Killing Hearty Bacteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This initial finding is important in the fight against the increase in antibiotic resistant bacteria. As more antibiotics are used, the more resistant bacteria are becoming. For example, if an antibiotic is not 100% effective on a group of bacterium, then some small percentage survive. Being naturally resistant,they are the only ones left to reproduce. Therefore, the only ones left making more copies of themselves, and more numbers of resistant bacteria this is why you should always take the ENTIRE antibiotic prescription when you have one). This killing of weak bacteria and allowing stronger ones survive has resulted in a growing number of cases of deadly resistant "super bugs" spreading through the medical facilities and retirement homes.

Scientists attached an amine group to a compound called deoxynybomycin (DNM), which has the right flatness and rigidity. It’s also known to kill gram-positive bacteria. With the new functional group, the modified “6DNM-amine” was taken up by gram-negative cells and successfully killed them. They essentially converted DNM into a broad-spectrum antibiotic.

This could vastly increase the number of compounds that researchers consider for new drugs. The odds of finding something effective and safe for humans will be much higher if other teams can confirm these findings.

Link to Full Article: Scientists Find Molecular ‘Key’ to Killing Hearty Bacteria

Lets hope this can be confirmed and produced en-masse. Makes one wonder if this pans out, could this be a new method of revitalizing older ineffective antibiotics into new effective treatments in the future?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

We could just use Bee's Honey (and other natural remedies) and save all this time and money, or risk whatever weird side effects these new compounds might entail.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

Oh yeah, because it's profitable $$$.
Sigh.....

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I've seen six doctors in six months over a simple ear infection that is still slowly killing me.

They can't be trusted with anti biotics. If I had access to them myself this would have been sorted out in February. Instead they treat me just enough to make the symptoms pass, while allowing the problem to adapt and grow stronger, so that they might get more business from me.

Doctors, realtors, and bankers have pushed me to the point that I long to see this society crumble.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I'm not a doctor so this is not a medical suggestion. I've heard that putting hydrogen peroxide 3% (brown bottle peroxide in any pharmacy/dept. store, etc.) in the ear can sometimes be a remedy. You just might have to do it more than once a day, and for a few days. Maybe try adding a capful of colloidal silver to the H202 (peroxide), and possibly ONE drop of oregano oil DILUTED into a shot glass of hydrogen peroxide 3%, but no more as it could injure your ear. In fact, I would avoid the oregano oil if you can, but if I was desperate enough and absolutely nothing else was working, that is what I would try in that order. If it still isn't fixed, then I don't know what I would try. Best wishes to you.

Edit: Peroxide will bubble in your ears. It feels kind of weird at first, but It really won't hurt you. There are lots of webpages out there that talk about removing ear wax (and some that suggest you can help deal with infections with H202). Just be sure of ONE thing with peroxide: DO NOT use anything over 3%, and definitely DO NOT use Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide in the ear ever!
edit on 5/19/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

top topics

join