It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headlines such as "Special counsel Mueller named to probe Trump-Russia ties"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Special counsel Mueller named to probe Trump-Russia ties

Headline and articles like this seem to be very misleading. When reading the actual article it always seems to be misleading as well. Reading a separate article on the same subject yields big differences. This headline to article is not AS bad as some but it got me thinking.

Second issue is this is one of the first thing you see on default homepages and such. If I just read the headline it seems to say or imply a investigation into the Trump himself and not the campaign.

Third I have seen these articles pop up and the headlines themselves actually change. The headline before editing imply even worse. For example only previously this one saying Special prosecutor to investigate Trump/Russia ties.

It just really concerns me that Headline warriors and such start off on a pretty misleading foot. The headline a lot of times sticks. This goes for Right and left headlines. My biggest concern is Microsoft and google and most defaults default to these types of headlines.

This is not really about Trump as it is the misleading on a grand scale. As well as the legalization of propaganda. Since the day I heard the propaganda law passed I have been very concerned. Some may tell me it's just me and my worry bringing it to the forefront. Possibly but that is why I come here!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That particular headline happens to be an outright lie because numerous officials from Comey to McCabe and many others have ALL stated over and over that A) Trump is not under investigation, and B) there's no evidence to suggest there was ever any collusion between the Trump Campaign and "the Russians" to somehow "cheat" Bill Clinton's wife out of the presidency.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Google has gone far left.

At least for me when I go to "Google news" the only headlines that come up are anti Trump stories from CNN, Washington Post and New York Times.

The anti Trump Headlines are even in the Technology, Sports and Entertainment sections. It's gotten ridiculous which is disappointing because it used to be pretty evenly presented.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I use to be a skimmer and use google news and such. It was apparent with Bush and accelerated from there. Bush the big meanie to Obama the savior to attack attack attack Trump and follow our narrative.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The way things has been created, pushed and blatantly made as factual, is going to be very difficult for people to even believe that Trump may come clean after Mueller is finish with his investigation, I can see the liberals creaming foul play.

After all they have created all this intrigue and deceptions for a long time.

I will have to wait to see what happen.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
OOPS!

On May 3, Comey admitted in sworn testimony before Congress that there had been no attempt by Trump or his Administration to "obstruct" any FBI investigation.

“So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?” asked Sen. Hirono of Comey during the question-and-answer period of his testimony.

“In theory, yes,” replied Comey. Hirono pressed: “Has it happened?”

Comey said, “Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that – without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason. That would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.”

Comey Testified Under Oath Trump Administration Doesn’t Obstruct Investigations

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Good find!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Good find!

I have my moments...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Wait, the article is misleading.

Comey was speaking to the DOJ, not the POTUS.

He was the one testifying, he hasn't forgotten he said it or that it was recorded.

The question was had the AG or DOJ tried to shut down an investigation NOT whether the POTUS had ever.

It isn't like he would say...no they haven't but the pres has on several occasions...
edit on 17-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This has also worried me. The screams from both sides and the fake news and false sources. What do we do when all this technology that can plant false info and manipulate systems. What do we believe if someone has voiceover conversations and other forgery evidence. Its kind of like people making a fake terror scene of a fake terror scene. With propaganda being legal it really scares me.

new topics

top topics

join