It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students get pepper sprayed by science instructor for extra credit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

The video shows high school students getting pepper sprayed by their science instructor and it seems they are in alot of pain πŸ˜•

My question is if this teacher was out of line allowing them extra credit for participating willingly in this?

Wouldn't they need parental permission.. and if they did.. are the parents and teacher putting the health of those students at risk.

I can't believe a teacher would do this .. and was wondering how others may feel about it.

Yes.. they were willing.. but did they really understand the consequences?.. besides getting extra creditπŸ˜•

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Parental permission to safe them from their own stupidy? A six year old may not understand the consequences, those kids did. although they missjudged on the pepper spray ^^

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There is an officer there so I imagine it was set up with LE as a way to experience what pepper spray does as well.

Maybe I'm over reacting ... and it was all good for everyone involved.. and a lesson in how to avoid pepper spray πŸ˜‚

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Looks to me like the teacher was being very stupid in doing this as it could result in death of some of the students.

However, some studies show that certain situations involving pepper spray can result in more severe effects. For example, if a person is allergic to any of the ingredients in the pepper spray, has asthma, or has a pre-existing heart condition, then the effects of pepper spray may be more severe and in some cases may lead to death. Part of the reason pepper spray is so controversial is that there have been a number of reported deaths where pepper spray was involved. Though the use of pepper spray has never been identified as the sole cause of death in these cases, it has been listed several times as a contributing factor.

home.howstuffworks.com... ld-safety/security/pepper-spray3.htm

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I recall comments on the original Youtube video from students involved where they mentioned that they all had to sign "permission slips" and so did their parents

It does look like the guy doing the spraying is enjoying himself though, doesn't it?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
It does look like the guy doing the spraying is enjoying himself though, doesn't it?

What educator doesn't want to spray their students?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Parental permission to safe them from their own stupidy? A six year old may not understand the consequences, those kids did. although they missjudged on the pepper spray ^^

I agree that they may be old enough to know the consequences of pepper spray but many most likely needed the extra credit and I think the teacher was wrong for dangling that carrot in front of them for participating in a very unhealthy " experiment"

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I recall comments on the original Youtube video from students involved where they mentioned that they all had to sign "permission slips" and so did their parents

Yes.. he does look like he is enjoying himself.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What educator doesn't want to spray their students?

Haha.. those that actually do need to get out of the education system.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How is that science???? Ugh. The US education system is complete garbage.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Sorry, but this is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. That teacher and that cop should be reprimanded at least. Any parent who knowingly authorized this should be referred to Dpt of Children and Families. What exact lesson is being taught here? For those who need extra, extra credit, will they get shot?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I took a hit of tear gas for ROTC. It sucked but now i know.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A bit of temporary pain might help toughen someone up in the long run. Might even be what you call character building.
I don't know much about the education system in the US or the credit system there but if they were all participating voluntarily I don't see a problem.

Conversely, I would be in favour of deducting credit for those demanding a safe space because nothing would be learned in there.

For the record. I live all day, every day with chronic pain and no one gives me extra credit.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Sorry, but this is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. That teacher and that cop should be reprimanded at least. Any parent who knowingly authorized this should be referred to Dpt of Children and Families. What exact lesson is being taught here? For those who need extra, extra credit, will they get shot?

I agree with you... seemed insane to me when I read about it and watched the video.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Snowflake Bootcamp

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

You would be in favor of deducting credit from those wanting a safe place ?

If you were the teacher deducting grades from my child for not participating in this lunacy I would press some sort of charges against you and the school.😑

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Snowflake Bootcamp

So I'm assuming you'd be in favor of this happening to you and anyone you care about. Be careful what you wish for πŸ˜•

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not a safe space from that particular experiment but safe spaces in general.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Not a safe space from that particular experiment but safe spaces in general.

Sorry .. misunderstood your implication πŸ˜•

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
There is an officer there so I imagine it was set up with LE as a way to experience what pepper spray does as well.

Maybe I'm over reacting ... and it was all good for everyone involved.. and a lesson in how to avoid pepper spray πŸ˜‚

It may be a bit of an overreaction.
I got worse than pepper spray in basic training in the Navy.
LEO's have to get sprayed to use it AFAIK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join