It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Manning Is Expected to Leave Prison, 28 Years Early

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus
when it contradicts reality and encourages unhealthy life decisions, and targets children in schools, you bet. Many if not most Serial Killers were mentally ill, would you like to empower them?? Some mental illnesses need to be checked, clearly.

I only have a problem with trans mental illness when it targets corruption of minors, which is child abuse. Or when it attempts to interject itself into all forms of media entertainment, especially in programming targeted at minors for corruption of their thoughts, destruction of their soul.

Other than that the adults can do to themselves and among themselves as they wish if it is their choice. I just do not believe Manning had a choice when it came to his freedom. I believe it was a propaganda stunt he was offered for his freedom to truly humiliate him and that ultimately they will kill him off anyways.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It sickens me Obama commuted this scum's sentence, and sickens me more he gets to keep some of his benefits. I'm a vet who served honorably and was honorably discharged. I can lose my benefits if I commit even a minor felony, yet this scum that committed treason gets special treatment.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Manning did more to express, expose, call-out or address corruption and wrongdoing than any of us keyboard-warriors on this site.

We are not fit to judge

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Oh yeah he's a hero regardless of how many people's lives were put at risk as long as the things he was exposing were things you have a problem with. Those might be your standards but they're not the justice system's standards. The military has established channels to report things that aren't above board. There was no excuse for what he did, no excuse for his sentence to be commuted and no excuse for him to keep any benefits when other vets lose theirs for doing far less.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Picture just released of Chelsea Manning as a woman.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
This is a good thing. I cannot be anymore against imprisoning people for showing the illegal or improper behavior of our monolithic government.

I'm not sure if this applies to your view here... Manning was upset with the Don't ask, Don't tell more than anything else. We are talking million plus documents...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

documents that exposed illegal activities. That a whistle blowing success.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

documents that exposed illegal activities. That a whistle blowing success.

What was actually illegal? I don't see anyone going to jail over the documents other than Manning

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

During the Iraq War, U.S. authorities failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, torture, rape, and murder by Iraqi police and soldiers, according to thousands of field reports.

There were 109,032 “violent deaths” recorded in Iraq between 2004 and 2009, including 66,081 civilians. Leaked records from the Afghan War separately revealed coalition troops’ alleged role in killing at least 195 civilians in unreported incidents, one reportedly involving U.S. service members machine-gunning a bus, wounding or killing 15 passengers.

The U.S. Embassy in Paris advised Washington to start a military-style trade war against any European Union country that opposed genetically modified crops, with U.S. diplomats effectively working directly for GM companies such as Monsanto.

British and American officials colluded in a plan to mislead the British Parliament over a proposed ban on cluster bombs.

In Baghdad in 2007, a U.S. Army helicopter gunned down a group of civilians, including two Reuters news staff. U.S. special operations forces were conducting offensive operations inside Pakistan despite sustained public denials and statements to the contrary by U.S. officials.

A leaked diplomatic cable provided evidence that during an incident in 2006, U.S. troops in Iraq executed at least 10 Iraqi civilians, including a woman in her 70s and a 5-month-old, then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence. The disclosure of this cable was later a significant factor in the Iraqi government’s refusal to grant U.S. troops immunity from prosecution beyond 2011, which led to U.S. troops withdrawing from the country.

A NATO coalition in Afghanistan was using an undisclosed “black” unit of special operations forces to hunt down targets for death or detention without trial. The unit was revealed to have had a kill-or-capture list featuring details of more than 2,000 senior figures from the Taliban and al-Qaida, but it had in some cases mistakenly killed men, women, children, and Afghan police officers.

The U.S. threatened the Italian government in an attempt to influence a court case involving the indictment of CIA agents over the kidnapping of an Egyptian cleric. Separately, U.S. officials were revealed to have pressured Spanish prosecutors to dissuade them from investigating U.S. torture allegations, secret “extraordinary rendition” flights, and the killing of a Spanish journalist by U.S. troops in Iraq.

In apparent violation of a 1946 U.N. convention, Washington initiated a spying campaign in 2009 that targeted the leadership of the U.N. by seeking to gather top officials’ private encryption keys, credit card details, and biometric data.

[url=http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/06/04/bradley_manning_trial_10_revelations_from_wikileaks_documents_on_iraq_afghanistan.html]Source[ /url]

Take from it what you will. I will stand behind Chelsea no matter what. Some things need to be exposed. Manning exposed some of those things. The US Military holds itself to high standards of honor, legality, and esteem. No action they take should be covered up, especially when it concerns civilian lives, torture, or conspiracy.

We are supposed to be the 'good guys', eh? How can the 'good guys' act so bad and still be consider protagonists?

It's rhetorical. We can't.
edit on 18-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: add source

edit on 18-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

During the Iraq War, U.S. authorities failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, torture, rape, and murder by Iraqi police and soldiers, according to thousands of field reports.

There were 109,032 “violent deaths” recorded in Iraq between 2004 and 2009, including 66,081 civilians. Leaked records from the Afghan War separately revealed coalition troops’ alleged role in killing at least 195 civilians in unreported incidents,

First were you there?

Second, Much of that happened but it wasn't the US. even your numbers 109,000 and 195 civilians of them killed by coalition... OK really? War is not good anyway you look at it, people die.

Reports of abuse, torture, rape, and murder by Iraqi police and soldiers...

Not US soldiers, Iraqi solders.. I'm not saying it never happened but US solders did not leave the base ever unless in a patrol or convoy type situation. There was/is no Lets go shopping and partying, it is full guarded situation, no lets go rape and have fun...lol

We got daily reports of Iraqi on Iraqi attacks, murders, mass killings etc. Once again a group goes into a village and kills all the men was not something we could control. Different factions were killing each other that dwarfed anything the coalition did 10 20 30 or more to 1. The vast majority of deaths were Iraqi on Iraqi that is why you do not see anyone put on trial, because what we did that was wrong was in line with the fog of war and not some focused planned event. Ya civilians died, ya bad guys were all dressed as civilians too, you didn't know if a person was going to kill you or just going shopping... All a bad situation but not illegal.

Manning was not some whistle blower, he was a gay guy who was pissed off that he could not be the transsexual he wanted to be and dumped a million classified documents out for everyone to see....

edit on 19-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

I would hold that there are only two true patriots who understand what the meaning of the word is, or what it really means, in the recent history of the military and intelligence arms.

Those two individuals, are Chelsea Manning, and Edward Snowden. You see, patriotism is not having such a raging boner for your country that you would permit it to commit crimes against its people and the people of other nations, without bringing its executive branch and the entire infrastructure into the light, where it could not hide from criticism. Patriotism is not blindly marching off in whatever direction you are told, by a person who has not earned your respect, but simply demanded it, to kill people who you are TOLD are your enemy, but really have little interest in anything other than protecting their patch.

No. Patriotism is doing your utmost to ensure that your EVERY action, is in the interests of the people you serve, whether that requires a break in the frankly irrelevant chain of command or not. Patriotism requires that one put oneself at risk, it also requires that one be unafraid to call out ones own, when ones own are causing problems and lying about them.

There is NO greater patriotism on the face of the world, than that which seeks to improve ones own nation by preventing its leadership class from hiding their sins from the world. That is the most effective way to give the future citizen something to be proud of. There are countless thousands of Americans who fought in war and were involved in intelligence, and very few of them even spoke a peep in public, about how sick, corrupt and evil the warmachine of the United States is and has been for generations. But Snowden and Manning between them, showed the WORLD that America was up to no good, inexcusably killing civilians with helicopter gunships, and spying on its own citizens, without any right to do so, no matter what jumped up glove puppet judge permitted it.

The MIC got caught, and showed up, and they NEEDED to be, it was the RIGHT thing to do, the patriotic thing to do, to make that happen. Allowing the lie to continue, would not have been.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

First were you there?

Yes, I was.

The rest of your opinion is noted. I have nothing left to argue with you about.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You and I have similar thoughts on a lot of things, TrueBrit. Well said, my friend.

There is NO greater patriotism on the face of the world, than that which seeks to improve ones own nation by preventing its leadership class from hiding their sins from the world.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Maybe he can stop by the White House and use the gender neutral bathrooms his savior Obama converted for him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join