It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the rich to fund a huge increase in spending on education and health care

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The best way to get rid of wealth inequality would be to end the Federal Reserve of the US, just saying.

The Fed prints money, inflation happens (increased money supply), the rich spend the money before costs increase at the value when printed ... the value of the money then falls by the time everyone else gets it (the little guys through their paychecks, entitlements, etc.). Thus, the Fed makes the rich 'richer', and increases the inequality gap.

Taxing the rich won't help, because the Fed can just increase their (the 'rich's') money supply enough to offset the tax, and the tax would increase government spending, upping inflation faster, and further increasing the income inequality before the non-rich would even get the benefits of the government spending.

Bad ... endless cycle.

End the Fed. Give us our Constitutional money back. (Federal Reserve notes are NOT constitutional, but try brining that up in court haha)

edit on 16-5-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: typos are my best friends. NOT

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

You aren't the only one noticing the attitude of new college grads. Husband has been noticing and he's in corporate America.

They have what are called "max objective" meetings where you are supposed to meet and work out goals to achieve professionally in the coming year to help achieve your raise and bonus percentages, and most grads are uninterested because they don't see how it helps them get more money right away.

Attitudes are different. Millennials don't want to pay their dues. When I came out of college, I worked in management consulting and also had offers on Wall Street. Both of these industries pay extremely well for new college grads, but require significant commitments. It is kind of like hazing. Working 80+ or even 100 hour weeks are not uncommon. You come in knowing what it takes, but look at it like a trade off. You sacrifice for two or three years and get top notch training, resume enhancer employment, and then move on to more lifestyle friendly pastures if you aren't in it for the long haul.

I was talking to a buddy who still works on Wall Street and he was mentioning how they have all these lifestyle enhancements now for the young analyst because they simply won't put in the hours anymore. They rather go work in tech or other fields with better hours. The money isn't as important.

I'd imagine the same thing is happening with more labor intensive fields which is why no one wants to work in trades either and get their nails dirty.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
oddschecker:

Cons : 1/33

Lab : 14/1

Lib : 100/1

A week ago Labour were a long way off at about 30/1 average . Meanwhile BBC the EU tools are plugging Labour as hard as they can, with the pretense of impartiality . Brexit would be a disaster for Britain under Labour , while they obscure the fact . They don't want to cap immigration : in other words they want to continue the gradual invasion of ourcountry .We don't need immigrants full stop. Some of us totally hate Diane Abbot , and the rest of the so called red tories are traitors too . Laura Keuenssberg & co - closet europhiles much ? BBC plus Labour stink of it - German sausage

BBc 1 has just had a full 20mins of the 10pm news on Labour advertising , and its still going on

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Oh, compared to Wall Street, what husband does is not labor intensive although biologicals do at times require and extra hour or two out side of standard working times or on a weekend, but it's not a regularity.

They just don't seem to understand why they should fulfill goals for a whole year in order to get a raise and really pretty nice bonus. And we're talking goals that can be accomplished within working hours.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I worked for a university in the UK for a few years and when graduation time comes round I kept on hearing students saying stuff like this...

"Great!!! Finished Uni now I never have to work again!"

They don't seem to understand that they've just had three or more years of fun and games and assume they're going to walk into a highly paid job with tons of perks and no commitments.
I've no idea where or when this attitude comes from but I guarantee that a large percentage equate a degree with a free pass.
A lot of them have never even tried a part time job to help them get by and see real work as beneath them.

Tony Blair encouraged thousands into education as a sly way to reduce (delay) the unemployment stats.
Now there's loads of people with media studies qualifications sulking that they didn't get their own TV show and a six figure paycheck and celebrity status.

Ask a kid these days what they want and they'll tell you they want to be famous.
Ask again, famous FOR WHAT???
"I dunno, just famous".
They haven't worked out that most famous people get famous for DOING something.

Starting at the bottom is a baffling concept these days.
(Rant over).

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Problem with this line of thinking is the same with it every time its been brought up... (and I am sure its been brought up already but bears repeating)

Soros, Buffet, Rockefeller, Kennedy's etc will not lose a dime to it... they will just shift their money into the loop holes congress leaves for them..while upper middle class takes it in the shorts again..

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sure real smart thing raise taxes,then keep raising them,what happened to working and going to a community college,it gives you a good idea of life ahead and job experiance,all kids want to go from school to CEO ,the days of working towards a goal have diminished,this way of life now where you can trace a package till it arrives at your doorstep?,so what,people have gotten lazy,and it shows in the BS being portrayed on TV,social medias,when I was young,if you did nothing you got nothing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join