It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenicians are responcible for Plato's Atlantis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There are no looms before the whites came, and there were no materials available to us for weaving before the whites came. We were called the "civilized tribes" because we learned the way of the whites; not because we had these things before. byrd

I am sure that the Coast Salish people were skilled weavers long before the first round eye entered the Sto:lo valley.
Cedar weaving is very advanced here.

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So Blackguard, your saying the Native Americans were or were not advanced before the white men came to the Americas? Or were you just being sarcastic about the fact that many don't believe the Native Americans could have invented something original?

I was just trying to point out that Blootletting is a unique way of attracting the gods' attention. Human sacrifice seems more of a common theme in most cultures, but one might think the practice of Bloodletting could be common to only a particular group. Did the Native Americans teach Bloodletting to the Sidonians or did the Sidonians teach Bloodletting to the Native Americans? Or did they both come from a common ancestor?

Since the most concentration of diverse languages seems to have spread out from the middle East, I would say all customs came from there. Its just that these cultures highly evolved as they spread out.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Aztecs were very good at warfare, the strongest in the region, and that is why they ruled when the invading Conquistadors got there. The Mayans had human sacrifices too, but from what I read it was felt to be a great honor to be chosen, since they chose the finest members of their society to offer. It is, imo, far, far, more acceptable a practice than buying and selling people to use like farm animals, as the African slaves in the US were. In the history of slavery, I've never seen a more criminal version of it. The Native American slavery practices were far more civilized.
The area I live, traditionally Sto:lo land, had been home for these people for over 5000 years. It was still in virtually pristine condition before the Europeans got here. Animals, forests, the water, the air... were all being sustained in a very good state. It could be just as pristine today, 160 years later. But, in contrast to a 5000 year record of ecological sustainability, the 'civilized?' European people have managed to turn it into a 'skeletal' ecosystem, according to a 3 year university study. All the salmon spawning beds are gone, nearly all the old growth timber. In 25 years of hiking and camping I have yet to see a bear.
If wrecking an ecosystem in 160 years that had been preserved for 5000 years is advanced then I don't understand advanced.
The artwork from this area is in collections owned by the royalty and nobility to the whole world. Most of it the people here would appreciate getting back.
Read the quotes below and give me your opinion on how 'advanced' they are, if you would?

'Teach your children what we have taught our children,
that the Earth is our mother.
Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.'
Chief Seattle

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
Chief Seattle

"In our every deliberation,
we must consider the impact of our decisions
on the next seven generations."
Iroquois Confederacy Maxim

We do not inherit the land, we borrow it from our children.
Native American Proverb

May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.
Chief Dan George

'The earth is not their brother but their enemy. They conquer it and move on. They will devour everything and the earth will become a desert.' Chief Seattle, 1844.

When the Earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear, when that happens, The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them.
Chief Seattle

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
When it comes to the morality of caring for the earth and living things I would say the Native American is the most advanced. If everyone lived according to those guidelines so many problems would be eliminated from the world scene. I remember reading something a long time ago, that stated the civilized white man would ride in trains across the plain states of the U.S. and shoot the buffalo for fun, never stopping to collect the kill. So many buffalo were wiped out that way. We know better today, but only after laws were put in force. People in general can be very selfish and do things just for instant gratification. Self sacrifice makes a person better and the environment flourishes from that act. Put others before yourself. Unfortunately the wicked only seek to conquer those that are weak in strength. You can't fight a system that's already headed for doom. It's just sad that many had to suffer at the hands of the oppressors.

Some biblical passages read:

"God will ruin those ruining the earth."
"Vengence is mine, says God."

Anyway, this is a different topic all together.
I'm just trying speculate on if there really was an ancient Native American civilization in the Caribbean, which sank into the ocean. I think myths and legends support that it could be a fact. If there were ruins to be found at the bottom of the Caribbean, would there be any combination of cultures seen in the ruins?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've read the phoenicans were just a branch of the aryans coming out of mesopotamia. As were the Estrucians, Greeks, vikings etc. So I see this being very possible. Perhaps some history was lost or names were not that important, the Greeks considered themselves decendants of atlantis.

Some links:
phoenicia.org...

www.dalitstan.org...

Every race along europe claims to be mixed with or decendants of them. I think its all one in the same...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Princeea, thank for the link to the Phoenician web site: phoenicia.org...

I look forward to browsing around the author's web site. He has some very interesting theories on the origins of the Phoenicians, along with their migration around the world.

It's interesting how he says his heritage is out of Canaan and he has also taken the Christian faith. He claims not to believe in the historical accounts of the bible but he believes the faith.

The Hebrew record speaks negatively of the Phoenician gods and how they were powerless to the god of the Israelites. What's ironic about this is that the northern ten tribe kingdom of the Israelites took on the faith of the Phoenicians in their later years. The remaining two tribes near Jerusalem barely stayed faithful. The surrounding Nations influenced the Hebrews so easily.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

If this stone-frieze is authentic, then the Toltecs would have witnessed the sinking of their homeland. This photo was taken by Teobert Maler somewhere deep in the jungle of the Yucatan. The actual stone-frieze has never been found by anyone else, Maler's photo is the only proof that it once existed.

The one place that fits the description of the stone-frieze is Chichen Itza. El Castillo, the Kukulcan pyramid, matches the layout of the sinking pyramid in the frieze. The Toltecs are known to have taken control of the Maya territory at Chichen Itza. Some of the ruins there exactly match the ruins at Tula. The four Atlantean Warriors at Tula match the surviving character in the stone-frieze

El Castillo at Chichen Itza in the northern part of the Yucatan

www.mysteriousplaces.com...

Notice that the top room chamber of the pyramid begins to crumble first, in the stone-frieze, as the temple sinks into the water.

This sacrificial altar directly ties Chichen Itza with Tula because both sites have one built.

www.tourbymexico.com...

Here are the four warrior statues found at Tula, Hidalgo. They look exactly like the surviving character in the stone-frieze.

en.wikipedia.org...

What makes this all the more interesting is that there are numerous cut stone blocks scattered all over the ocean floor near the coast of Western Cuba. There is no real interest in the newly found site because it's too deep to investigate (2100 ft), most of the blocks are under the sand, and there's no large buildings still intact. If there was a pyramid still intact that looked just like El Castillo, down on the ocean floor everyone would be right on it. If the stone-frieze was carved correctly then the pyramid would have crumbled to pieces, with its individually carved blocks scattered at its base.
www.morien-institute.org...

[edit on 21-5-2006 by lostinspace]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Since the edit function no longer works at ATS here's another link to the stone-frieze:

www.altarcheologie.nl...

This was taken from an old posting that can longer be added to.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join