It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistant Principal forced to resign from job. Goes nuts. Driven by Pro Life Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Tardacus

He wasn't forcing his political views or religious views on anyone though. He never stated what his position was on anything of the sort.

He was in fact trying protect the kids from having Religious or Political views forced upon them by those outside the school.

Nobody needed that Principals protection. They are High School students. Old enough to take care of themselves. If anything the students need to be protected from the crazy SJW Principal and his views.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Again, he wasn't giving anyone his views on anything. He never once said what his stance was personally. Just that he didn't want the kids from that school to have other stuff forced on them while they were leaving the school grounds.

That is a science based school. A secular school. Why didn't those Religious kids go preach their sh*t somewhere else besides right outside that school??? Nobody asked for them to be there.

They were forcing themselves into that position knowing they weren't welcome there. The guy even told them that and that there was no pregnancy at that school and nobody was getting abortions there anyway. Their message wasn't needed there.

But they wanted to force their opinions on kids when they were leaving school grounds and had a semi captive audience.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

believe what you want to believe but he was clearly acting unprofessional, unethical and violating the terms of his employment even he knew that, that`s why he resigned before he was fired.

he wasn`t protecting anyone from anything he left school property while on the clock to try to silence free speech of tax paying citizens, the same citizens who were paying his salary.

he had no authority or obligation to do anything for those children once they left school property.

you can try to rationalize it and justify it to yourself all you want but he was wrong and he knew it that`s why he resigned, he didn`t have a leg to stand on.

if he saw gay pride demonstrators on the corner and left school property to curse at them and chase them away he would have been just as wrong as he was for doing what he did in this situation.

as forrest gump said, "that`s all I have to say about that"

edit on 15-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I already said that what he did wasn't professional. Whether any of it was illegal or something that should get him fired is something else.

Everything you just said was your opinion.

My opinion is that those kids had no reason to be there either since they didn't go to school there and nobody wanted their message to begin with. Why didn't they go down the street away from school property??? They aren't educators either, just a brother and sister out there on their own preaching their opinions about Religion to other kids. They have no credentials to be doing that either.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

His supporters said that while they did not approve of his behavior on April 21, he is an outstanding educator who cares deeply for his students

Of this I have no doubt. You don't stand on a street corner and make a total fool of your self unless you are doing it for something/someone you care deeply for.

This is just another example of someone taking their own political opinion and self importance too far. More and more people are falling guilty of this lately ... some on this very sight.

At some point you have to give it a rest and move on with your life; this man missed the opportunity to do that and is now paying the price for his bad decisions.

What makes the story even worse is that this man supposedly just received a doctorate in educational "leadership" yet showed no leadership skills what so ever in this video. If I were running the university that trained him I'd be looking into why I am graduating people who do not posses the skill set.
edit on 15-5-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Being that this was a Science based school maybe he felt his job was to keep Religious BS out of there.

It's a secular school, not a Religious one.

Those kids don't even attend that school. Why should they be allowed to preach their crap right next to the school grounds at the students when they're leaving campus???

Reverse the situation and tell me you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Being that this was a Science based school maybe he felt his job was to keep Religious BS out of there.

It's a secular school, not a Religious one.

Those kids don't even attend that school. Why should they be allowed to preach their crap right next to the school grounds at the students when they're leaving campus???

Reverse the situation and tell me you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Given the fact that this man willingly chose to resign suggests that after the heat of the moment had passed he came to realize that your point of view is not the correct one.

As for me; given the fact that I am an stonch Atheist, had the situation been reversed and a group of science activists where protesting out side a house of worship (on public property) and a clergyman came out and acted this way I would say the exact same thing.

That the clergyman was showing a great lack in leadership skills and the house of worship should consider better training.

At the end of the day, no matter what we personally believe, we are all human and have certain inalienable rights. One of them happens to be the freedom of speech.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Seems he backed down and resigned over the fact that "they had every right to be on the sidewalk protesting".
Whilst some language of his was over the top - he shouldn't have been forced to resign.
I think he should have called the cops , instead he allowed himself to be goaded - probably a good teacher, shame.

www.philly.com...

Ruff repeatedly asked them to leave, and they calmly explained that they had a right to be on the sidewalk as Ruff got angrier and more confrontational. Last Friday, the administrator appeared at a school district hearing, after which he was suspended without pay.
The district said Ruff indicated at the hearing that he might resign but requested more time to review the charges, which included violating the protesters' First Amendment rights, said Michael Levin, the attorney representing the district. “Dr. Ruff has acknowledged that the demonstrators had a right to be on a public sidewalk,” the news release said. “He acknowledged that his conduct cannot be defended or condoned, and he deeply regretted his actions as displayed on the video. This school district will not interfere with the rights of anyone to express themselves."

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I might be biased as someone who works in a secondary school (high school) but at what point do educators get permission to just react as human beings? When is it our time to react the way any normal human being would when being pushed and a deliberate attempt to whiz them off? I get the issue is a hard one for more than most but seriously shouldn't he have the right to react like any human would? Why is it that we always expect educators and people in the same sort of position to be holier than though and remain tight lipped?

Like I said the topic they are talking about is an uncomfortable one and one that pretty much sets anyone off but there has to be a point where we say 'Alright, he might be (insert profession) but he is also human'.

I don't necessarily want him to get fired or to resign if he was a good educator. Just entertainment for me. It's obviously his own liberal ilk who threw him under the bus as necessary to protect themselves. Their wasn't big mobs of Christians rioting in the streets demanding he be fired.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Right. This guy has that same freedom of speech too. Nobody's freedom of speech was infringed upon.

I suppose those kids saying that this guy "Supported the murdering of Babies" is ok too in your opinion???

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I suppose those kids saying that this guy "Supported the murdering of Babies" is ok too in your opinion???

Why is it everyone berating the Asst Principal misses this?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I might be biased as someone who works in a secondary school (high school) but at what point do educators get permission to just react as human beings? When is it our time to react the way any normal human being would when being pushed and a deliberate attempt to whiz them off? I get the issue is a hard one for more than most but seriously shouldn't he have the right to react like any human would? Why is it that we always expect educators and people in the same sort of position to be holier than though and remain tight lipped?

Like I said the topic they are talking about is an uncomfortable one and one that pretty much sets anyone off but there has to be a point where we say 'Alright, he might be (insert profession) but he is also human'.

I don't see the relivence to being "educators" in your question. You seem to be suggesting that educators are being delt a double standard in not being allowed to "act human" when on the job.

Quite the contrary. This incident shows that there was quite a lot of deliberation involved; people where allowed to voice their opinion through petition; and the man was allowed to keep some level of dignity by being allowed to resign on his own.

I can assure you most other professionals would not be afforded this treatment. As an Electrical Engineer my employer would walk me out the door with out a second thought if I embarrassed them in this way, no deliberation, no pitisions... I best I could try to say "you can't fire me cause I quite" ... But that's still pretty much being fired.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Right. This guy has that same freedom of speech too. Nobody's freedom of speech was infringed upon.

It's neather OK nor NOT OK. It is irrelevant... people say all sorts of mean an inflammatory things all the time ... we judge our own character by how we respond to those people not by what those people say to us.

This man judged his own actions in error and rightfully so. He has the freedom of speech... which does protect his foolish display from being persecuted by the government. But his colleagues can judge him as they see fit for their institution.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I'd like to know that too. Not once did he say he supported abortion, give his political position or anything. He just didn't want them to force their Religious views on the kids leaving the school. But these kids start yelling that he supports the murder of babies to the cars and students and their parents leaving the school and nobody says anything about that.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

It's neather OK nor NOT OK. It is irrelevant... people say all sorts of mean an inflammatory things all the time ... we judge our own character by how we respond to those people not by what those people say to us.

This man judged his own actions in error and rightfully so. He has the freedom of speech... which does protect his foolish display from being persecuted by the government. But his colleagues can judge him as they see fit for their institution.

Nor am I questioning this guys decision for doing what he chose to do either. Since we agree that nobody did anything illegal here we've gone on to argue some kind of moral and opinionated positions.

Of which "Why is it ok to talk sh*t about this guy even more by so many people here??? While also giving these kids a pass???

After all they were the ones making false accusations about him and yelling them at the parents and students leaving the school. He was telling them they weren't welcome there and wanted them to leave and their message wasn't needed there.

These kids went to a location where they knew they weren't welcomed or invited to push a message that nobody asked for and when asked to leave decided to yell lies about the guy to the parents and students of his school. They got to play victim once again and push their propaganda and not only get a pass but are being praised for it by some members on here even. Pretty f*cking sick and twisted if you ask me.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You honestly don't feel that he instigated the situation? There's no difference, particularly in this situation, between political and religious speech. If they didn't have the right to be there, he should've called the police. It is not his job to decide who and when people can exercise their constitutional rights. Saying that they should go to hell with the aborted babies is over the line. Also, by saying they're just cells, unlike you and I who are more than that?, was clearly stating his opinion about abortion. By the way, I've been informed on more than one occasion that, as a man, my opinion on abortion doesn't matter. Certainly this professedly gay man's opinion is even more worthless.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I'd like to know that too. Not once did he say he supported abortion, give his political position or anything. He just didn't want them to force their Religious views on the kids leaving the school. But these kids start yelling that he supports the murder of babies to the cars and students and their parents leaving the school and nobody says anything about that.

Can you quantify "force their religious view on kids"?

In the one interaction I saw with them talking to a kid; they spoke corgely and briefly. They gave him a panflit and the child left on amicable terms.

How is this categorized as "forcing their views on kids"?

The Assistant Principle on the other hand came on the seen in a hostile manner right from the beginning. If I had to choose who was "forcing views" in this video, his conduct comes closer to the mark.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Nor am I questioning this guys decision for doing what he chose to do either. Since we agree that nobody did anything illegal here we've gone on to argue some kind of moral and opinionated positions.

Of which "Why is it ok to talk sh*t about this guy even more by so many people here??? While also giving these kids a pass???

After all they were the ones making false accusations about him and yelling them at the parents and students leaving the school. He was telling them they weren't welcome there and wanted them to leave and their message wasn't needed there.

These kids went to a location where they knew they weren't welcomed or invited to push a message that nobody asked for and when asked to leave decided to yell lies about the guy to the parents and students of his school. They got to play victim once again and push their propaganda and not only get a pass but are being praised for it by some members on here even. Pretty f*cking sick and twisted if you ask me.

We are discussing his conduct because he is the focus of the story ... "man loses job over momentary laps in judgement"

If you would like to change the focus of the story to ... "is abortion murder and should it be opposed?" ... we can do that. With this focus, again as an Atheist, I think the protesters are wrong. Abortion is not murder and they should not be accusing abortion proponents of being murderers. Their actions are another example of people letting their political (and religious) view points get the better of them.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

He was certainly no more in the wrong than those two kids were.

Also stop telling me what his job is when you don't know what rules or policies define what he is allowed to do or not do. You're just saying stuff as if you know it for a fact and you don't.

That last part about him being gay is also a real winner that you just had to throw in there I must say. I don't know where you get that he's gay either. Is that an actual fact or another one of your made up facts???

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Sure let's just leave out other details surrounding this same story so you can keep it within your narrative that you approve of now.

Wouldn't want other important information in that might skew your approved of narrative.

But yet you think the protestors are wrong too. So what is the problem???

That's all I'm saying as well.
edit on 15-5-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join