It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistant Principal forced to resign from job. Goes nuts. Driven by Pro Life Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: mOjOm

www.philly.com...

He Resigned.

Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Considering that they would go back to school the next day with him in a position of power over them having just belittled them and cussed them out ... it might constitute a hostile learning environment at that point, especially if they were off school property when he went after them.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They didn't go to school there.

In fact the students at that school got 50,000 signatures in support of him as a teacher. He'd worked there for 13 years and was considered by everyone to be a great educator. The students made a statement that even though they didn't approve of his behavior he was just trying to protect them and that he was a great teacher.

So once again some fundies stick their noses in where it's not welcomed and a good teacher who's dedicated to his students loses his job. Oh well.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What was offensive about what they were doing? Political protest. You may disagree politically or ethically, but that doesn't make it offensive. The only thing offensive here is the big asshole who thinks he knows better than anyone else.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So in your opinion, only a "dirty fundy" could possibly be pro-life?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

protect them from what?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

I might be biased as someone who works in a secondary school (high school) but at what point do educators get permission to just react as human beings? When is it our time to react the way any normal human being would when being pushed and a deliberate attempt to whiz them off? I get the issue is a hard one for more than most but seriously shouldn't he have the right to react like any human would? Why is it that we always expect educators and people in the same sort of position to be holier than though and remain tight lipped?

Like I said the topic they are talking about is an uncomfortable one and one that pretty much sets anyone off but there has to be a point where we say 'Alright, he might be (insert profession) but he is also human'.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So in your opinion, only a "dirty fundy" could possibly be pro-life?

I never said that at all.

Those are your words not mine.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

protect them from what?

Religious propaganda maybe??? Something along those lines I'm guessing. You'd have to ask him for an exact answer, I don't think I can answer for him.

I'm just stating what the students said in that article.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
he clearly overstepped his bounds.

his paycheck was being funded by both conservative and liberal tax payers.
he left school property, while still on the clock and being paid by both conservative and liberal tax payers.
He harassed and cursed at people who were breaking no laws.
If he felt that they were breaking some laws or were a danger to the children at the school he should have called the police.

sorry fat dude you are just a vice principle you`re not god, you aren`t being paid by the tax payers to leave school property and play social justice policeman.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Its what happens when you bring your politics to work and don't understand that respect for the position is disregarded when one shows political outbursts while on the job... one becomes unemployed.

Its by no means a 'holier' analysis... it's the fact that composure can't be kept. Just the wrong time and place to do it... aside from that it's just another dink coming unhinged.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

you can act anyway you want when you are off the clock but as long as you are being paid by both conservative and liberal tax payers it would be unethical and unprofessional to get involved in political issues while on the clock.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

School was being let out at that time so he could be out there if he wanted to be. They were preaching at the students while they were leaving so that's why he was out there "Protecting" them.

How do you know what his duties are and what bounds he has as vice principle???

How do you know that those taxpayers weren't paying him to do exactly what he did???

You don't. You're just making things up because to you belief is as good as fact.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

They didn't go to school there.

In fact the students at that school got 50,000 signatures in support of him as a teacher. He'd worked there for 13 years and was considered by everyone to be a great educator. The students made a statement that even though they didn't approve of his behavior he was just trying to protect them and that he was a great teacher.

So once again some fundies stick their noses in where it's not welcomed and a good teacher who's dedicated to his students loses his job. Oh well.

To start with there seems to be far more examples of right wing leaning educators being silenced or forced to hide their beliefs.

However, I am saddened that these children may have lost a good educator. We need more of them, and if these kids connected to him, I am sad to see him go.

I find myself to be a smart well intended pwrson, and I have certainly had embarrassing outburst, so I would not wish to see this man's career defined over this moment.

If the protestor had any class they would push for this man to not resign and ask for a debate or conversation with him.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree with you.

Very reasonable response and perspective given.

Best response so far.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So once again some fundies stick their noses in where it's not welcomed and a good teacher who's dedicated to his students loses his job.

Your words implying that it was all the pro-life students' fault in the first place and not the administrators fault for being a crass, low-class and hostile individual.

The implication being that only fundys could be pro-life and it's all their fault for being pro-life.

I know one thing, as a parent, I wouldn't want that "clump of cells" in a position of power over my own "clump of cells." It's pretty clear how much he values life, er, clumps of cells.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

so, he was protecting them from free speech off of school property while still on the clock and being paid by Christian and non christian taxpayer money.He wasn`t being paid to enforce his political or religious views on anyone either on school property or off.

what he did was unethical, unprofessional and probably illegal, he CLEARLY wasn`t qualified to be a vice principle.

How do you know that those taxpayers weren't paying him to do exactly what he did???

because it`s illegal for a public servant to try to enforce their personal political or religious views on anyone while they are on the clock and being paid by the taxpayers.

edit on 15-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

He might have been qualified on paper, but he let his disdain for others' points of view get the better of him.

I do get that he disagrees. I am fine with that, but it is inappropriate to take the steps he did if they were not on school property and he was still in his official capacity or recognizable for his official capacity.

This is why US soldiers aren't supposed to ever wear their uniforms to political causes; it makes them look like they are giving the sanction of the military and through them US government to a side.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Well, what I said and what YOU THINK I was implying are two different things. I think what I say is exactly what I'm trying to say most times so what YOU THINK I'm implying is on you, not me.

As a parent you have that right to make that choice for your kids then. So do secular parents have that right as well. Maybe they don't like it when a couple of kids that don't even go to that school sit outside of it and preach their Religious views on their kids either. Why not respect those parents wishes??? Why is it that only your wishes matter???

Where is the video of these secular kids going to their church talking about Evolution and Pro-Choice stuff??? There isn't one because that didn't happen.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

He wasn't forcing his political views or religious views on anyone though. He never stated what his position was on anything of the sort.

He was in fact trying protect the kids from having Religious or Political views forced upon them by those outside the school.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join