It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Germans the Best Engineers in the World I say Yes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

S4 is on area 51 America's primary secret labs are supposedly there,the tech is held away from us.
Lockheed has a tokamak design as well,They are working on making them smaller.
edit on 28-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I thought you ment S4 in connection with area 51 but I´m afraid I can´t connect the dots here. Thus I thought you were accidently posting on the wrong thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If OUR advanced technology is hidden from the world Germans MIGHT not be the best at all.
WE can't tell ,it is a "white world" scientific achievement no one would disagree with this at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ahhh now it clicked. Yes, I agree but was thinking more about the public sector. As we do not have a great MIC and not a black one either (I guess).

It´s not my thread btw

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Its a boon to humanity since OUR lying butts hide it all ,I am thankful for your work.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How I´d like to see the thing that Northrop Grumman is "not even allowed to talk about"

By the way, I´m not really of the opinion we (as in the Germans) are the best engineers in the world. I´d never make such a broad generalisation. When I look at some MIC companies that have their seat in the USA, it´s clear as day that they are decades in front of various fields.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

But the money and lies that run that side of the world are a difficult if not EVIL nuts to crack...WAY worse than Hitler when we find out, I bet.
edit on 28-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don´t know, it seems the pivotal point of power balance has already tilted towards the US for some time. I just hope that they, as in who ever controls it, is smarter than the people that decided Hiroshima & Nagasaki to happen.
Although, it ended the war.

And with that I´m not talking about presidents that come and go but the long serving members in the background with real influence.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

For all we know THAT might be WHY.
I do know the military has halted any demands of nukes before and of course a few presidents wanted to invade Iran.
Army said NOT feasible...then whipped out Desert Storm.
We aren't ALL nuts,we just have to OPERATE that way.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Update:

The plasma experiments in the Wendelstein 7-X fusion device at Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics (IPP) in Greifswald have now been resumed after a 15-month conversion break. The extension has made the device fit for higher heating power and longer pulses. This now allows experiments in which the optimised concept of Wendelstein 7-X can be tested. Wendelstein 7-X, the world’s largest fusion device of the stellarator type, is to investigate this type’s suitability for application in a power plant.

Besides new heating and measuring facilities, over 8,000 graphite wall tiles and ten divertor modules have been installed in the plasma vessel since March last year... This cladding is to protect the vessel walls and allow higher temperatures and plasma discharges lasting 10 seconds in forthcoming experiments.

Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics, Sept. 11, 2017 - Wendelstein 7-X: Second round of experimentation started.

From the IPP website itself. This should be good stuff. Unfortunately, they typically do a news letter at the end of their experiment period which means more waiting.

Also, MIT did a reformulation of the fusion fuel material and figured out a way to get more reactions out. They added Helium-3 to the mix which is larger than the hydrogen gasses which is easier to heat up and stay hot.

Source: Popular Mechanics - MIT Achieves Breakthrough in Nuclear Fusion.
edit on 14-9-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fix link

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Au contraire... Germany has one HELL of an MIC and crazy amounts of "black" and or unacknowledged and technically private industry that deals in extremely high tech weaponry, science, tooling, and ... Expertise brokerage we'll call it....!!

Israel South Africa and oh so many others (especially if they were under embargo at the time and or were developing nuclear weapons and missile technologies) literally owe their arms industries, nuclear capabilities, vehicle designs, and more to Germany!

It's very frustrating actually because these days the German government and public act so sanctimonious and morally superior and chastise the US for arms sales etc!

Especially considering the people Germany regularly chose to deal with back then.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wendelstein 7-X Update: Take a virtual tour!

The new 360-degree panorama featured on the internet pages of Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics (IPP) leads right into the plasma vessel of the Wendelstein 7-X fusion research device at Greifswald.

The address www. ipp.mpg.de/panoramaw7x takes observers on an extraordinary tour to the core of the device, otherwise accessible only to experts; they can stroll through the experimentation hall and view the facilities that heat the plasma to many millions of degrees.

Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics (IPP), Nov. 29, 2017 - Wendelstein 7-X now ready for virtual tours! A trip into the plasma vessel / 360-degree panorama of the fusion device at Greifswald.

(PS - To keep the formatter from converting the typed url into a link, I added a space between "www" and ".ipp" part. Remove if copying and the URL will work)

I will have to take the tour at some later time but how cool is that!?!! You go around the inside and the outside. Use the scroll wheel to zoom in. This is so cool! I can't wait to check it out.

In another news item from IPP, they have teamed up with Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) and are crossing research. One big plus is that the PPPL has developed lots of computer code for plasma research. The news blurb...

Last but not least, a new theory ansatz for calculating magnetic equilibria, first developed at Princeton, led to a very fast computer code. With the new algorithm, equilibrium calculations for the complex magnetic fields of future stellarator fusion devices no longer take months, but just a few minutes.

IPP - Max-Planck-Princeton partnership in fusion research confirmed.

The addition of PPPL has attracted other researchers to the device as well. Japan has signed a MOU with IPP to join in.

A little success goes a long way in nuclear fusion research!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join