It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Confiscating Homes To Use For Migrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Authorities in Hamburg, the second-largest city in Germany, have begun confiscating private dwellings to ease a housing shortage

In an unprecedented move, Hamburg authorities confiscated six residential units in the Hamm district near the city center. A trustee appointed by the city is now renovating the properties and will rent them — against the will of the owner — to tenants chosen by the city. District spokeswoman Sorina Weiland said that all renovation costs will be billed to the owner of the properties.

Similar expropriation measures have been proposed in Berlin, the German capital, but abandoned because they were deemed unconstitutional.

This sounds very bad for the people of Germany. This seems like it would drive a wedge between the German pwople and the immigrants. Maybe that is the goal?

I see this ending poorly for Europe, maybe the world.

www.infowars.com...
edit on 15-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Seems it's empty commercial properties, not homes

+7 more 
posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It seems that Germany is doing a reverse version of the early thirties. In its attempt to salve some form of inherited guilt legacy it is in serious danger of inflicting the same affront on its own citizens. How long will ordinary Germans who have nothing to be ashamed of stand this kind of punishment by proxy?

+6 more 
posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Seems it's empty commercial properties, not homes

Just once sentence lower...

Now, however, the city is expropriating residential property units owned by private citizens.

Not sure if the article is correct, but it's in the article.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's like bizzaro world!

What the hell is happening?!?

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Residential units being renovated against the will of the owner. Sounds bad, real bad.

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

And it matters not if the property is commercial or residential-confiscation is still a bad bad sign.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It is happening already for some time in Italy...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And it matters not if the property is commercial or residential-confiscation is still a bad bad sign.

My apologies to the OP, I read their response incorrectly and replied off topic.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Mikehawk because: Bad reading comprehension.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Don't really care since it's Germany's problem. Sucks to be them, I have no sympathy for thier stupidity. They made their bed, now they will sleep in it and get a good nights rest. For tomorrow there will be dispair.
edit on 15-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Don't really care since it's Germany's problem. Sucks to be them, I have no sympathy for thier stupidity. They made their bed, now they will sleep in it and get a good nights sleep.

From what I can tell most the German people are against this. Its the elite politicians and their handlers pushing this agenda.

The "too bad so said, it's all their fault" attitude is hypocritical in my opinion. The United States citizenry let our politicians turn our country into bizarro world where songs like "sex junk" are the norm. We let corporations take over, the ones who are to protect and serve us, protect and serve our corporations.

Going by your logic we deserve the opiate crisis, police brutality epidemic, government corruption, because we let it happen. The rest of the world shall not care for us since it's our fault.

Sucks to be us.

Ever been to our southern border?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You people are really a special kind of work, right?

Because the ONE case I have heard about was 2015, when the major of a larger town ordered the fire brigade to open up an abandoned C&A (a clothes retail, closed 15months earlier) to house several refugees while they waited for their place on a ferry to Sweden.

There is no confiscation of homes for refugees, immigrants, illegals and others in Germany.

Fake news on a very wrong level.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

And I was agreeing with your (I don't think your post is stupid) post.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I can see what you are saying.

They will have to clean up this mess, just like every other sovereign country, house cleaning time.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You're not going to believe this, but I was this close to hitting post on this exact same subject. I hit "new" in another tab and look what pops up!

On topic, I don't see how they can get away with this. In another town, they were blocked because it's un Constitutional, so how do they get away with it in Hamburg? Maybe if they hadn't let in 2 million immigrants, they wouldn't have this little problem.

"We're taking your property, tough sh** if you don't like it and Oh, by the way, you get to pay for renovations"

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I don't see any regular joe lifting a finger to stop it so... yeah. Oh well. Just have to deal with it I guess.

People are already conditioned to let authority figures speak for them. I expect the same results in the US inevitably. Bend over and take it like a man/woman.
edit on 15-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I imagine, or hope the judicial side of the govt in Germany will correct this, more than likely a court will decide this.

But as we know in the US sometimes the courts get it wrong too.
edit on 15-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Source please.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What is this thing? A toilet you say!?

No matter, I'll poop in the shower.

And wash my face from this new prayer altar.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Something bad is happening and it is real. I have close family in North Germany, a place that used to be pretty boring and uneventful but peaceful and tranquil and most people know each other etc. Medium sized city near the Sea.

My family there is [like almost all Germans] very left, very open minded, very shocked when I wore 'Victory Rolls' because of the connotation to WW2, offended on behalf of minorities and sending money to african orphans.
You get the drift. Good Neo-Germans.

However then the immigrants came and it has been a couple of years now in that particular town, they emptied a well known school to house them, they are hanging out on streetcorners and catcall girls. The crime rate has shot up beyond belief and the small town mentality has taken a turn for the worst.
I know it is bad when my lefty, open minded family has suddenly changed their tunes.

And they have. They are not happy, they have told me that the immigrants have completely changed the town, that there are too many, that they are unvetted and let on the loose without supervision etc. You could walk at night and be very safe, not any more.

My jaw fell open hearing that from them. Trust me, unless it is really bad and they have seen and felt it themselves, they would have been standing there with cookies welcoming the invaders.
That they have changed is to me the biggest evidence that it isn't all a bed of roses and that it is just nazis or rightwingers that don't want them there.

Oh no, they have actually managed to piss off those people who would have gone out on a limb to defend them.

That's how bad it is!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join