It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Big cat' spotted in Somerset, UK.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

Another possible picture of a big cat this time in a picnic area in Somerset. England.

I for one believe it's a large mastiff type dog but what do you guys think? As usual once spring rolls around the influx of big cats spotted goes up

It's crazy all these so called sightings but nothing concrete yet.

Back to this one. What do you all think.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yeah.. my first guess is..

Its a bear

my second guess is...

A black jaguar

But its most likely a bear

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Another ambiguous photo. Just think what we would have seen if the photo was any good. We would have seen a black Labrador called Milly.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Another ambiguous photo. Just think what we would have seen if the photo was any good. We would have seen a black Labrador called Milly.

Looks nothing like a dog.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Its a dog.

And what do you expect from ' the sun' ? a tabloid aimed its sales from 'not' working class white citizens.

edit on 15-5-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Looks to thick to be a Jaguar, more likely a mastiff or bear even

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Bear?
Some people's knowledge about world is shocking..

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Its a bear

my second guess is...

A black jaguar

Dude its uk.. there no bears or jaguars.. might be a elephant..

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't think England has wild bears, and it doesn't look like a dog to me... weird.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Any pics?...I refuse to give that arsewipe the hits...Remember the 96.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Its a bear

my second guess is...

A black jaguar

Nope, definately NOT a bear in the UK unless you go to a zoo to see, point at, laugh and giggle at one (as most ignorant and uninformed idiots do) as it paces around its cage in frustration.

This could be a big cat as has been witnessed numerous times in the UK over the past 20 or odd years.

It just takes a rich and/or spoilt person to buy a "cute kitten", bring it over (by whatever means they can) and realise that they cannot handle said "big cat" to let it free... and to be eventually shot...

Bastards...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 15-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well the only reason I said bear first and black jaguar second.. was that it's more likely to be a bear than a jaguar.. just because a bear is a more common animal.. and I could see that shape being a

I definitely see it being a massive jaguar.. even though they don't get that big..

The reason I say jaguar is the head and musculature.. and they from what I know.. Are the large cat most likely to have the all black

No way is it a dog though... whoever says that needs their eyes checked.

Oh.. and sorry.. I didn't know they d idnt have bears over there

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Yes, they don't have Jaguars either, an escaped pet from a private zoo perhaps..a bear is as likely as a big cat.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Google is your friend but not Wikipedia just for info.

This looks very much like a large feline (see my post above)...

Have a read through all sections of this : www.britishbigcats.org...

Or this : www.ukbigcats.co.uk...

For info I am a veterinary surgeon (as many people here on ATS already know) and have dealt with many international species over the last 30 years.

And yes, this is the U.K. And not the good ol U S of A... yet again...

I wish our USA members will eventually realise that we have a massive big round thing called planet Earth here and not everything revolves around the USA..

Rant over.

Warmest

Lags

a reply to: Lucidparadox

edit on 15-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Darned French word changer!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is just the most recent iteration of a modern English popular myth.

The first time I heard of it was when I was at university in the UK and was told hair-raising tales of the Surrey Panther, a beast that reputedly prowled the brakes and copses of the Stockbroker Belt. Of course it didn’t exist any more than this one does.

The English are forever making up stories about big cats roaming their country’s well-tamed marches. I think it embarrasses them to have a lion on the royal coat of arms but none in the country itself, outside of zoos and places like Longleat.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
This is just the most recent iteration of a modern English popular myth.

The first time I heard of it was when I was at university in the UK and was told hair-raising tales of the Surrey Panther, a beast that reputedly prowled the brakes and copses of the Stockbroker Belt. Of course it didn’t exist any more than this one does.

The English are forever making up stories about big cats roaming their country’s well-tamed marches. I think it embarrasses them to have a lion on the royal coat of arms but none in the country itself, outside of zoos and places like Longleat.

Read my response above yours and then Google BIG cat sightings in the UK.

YES, there are folklore tales and such as there are in any country about a whole spectrum of things so take off your blinkers is all I can suggest.

I have just read some of your threads and posts... seems that the English are not the only ones to tell tales huh?

Try reading your own threads and posts before banging out incendiary posts

I guess you are not English by the way you worded your post?

Thank you

Lags
edit on 15-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Urghhhhhh... close minded people are irritating...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Nice thread but I always wanted to mention how boring I find these large cat sightings. Maybe because it isn't supernatural or political enough for me.
Large pet cats have escaped and made Britain their new home.
I am glad that they have survived and nobody shot them. That's about the extend of my interest in that.

Why did I have to comment if not interested?

It's because I always wanted to tell someone, this seems a good place. I also find Vampires and Werewolves extremely boring and can't watch any films about them.

This is no insult to your thread though as I understand that it may be interesting to others. Gave you a S&F for letting me say that.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The photo is such poor quality it could be anything. It's black. It's a dog.

The last time a big cat was seen in the UK a massive police operation was put in place.

Remember the tiger/

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

Does it seem to have a 'bobbed' tail?
That could just be something behind it, I suppose, making it look that way.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I've seen quite a few across the pond from the UK. Then again it's big cat territory but these sightings characteristics of these deviate from the normal populations as similar to the Op's cryptid in question. So, to me, yes it does look feline. Or at least from what I can discern with the image's blur, etc.
edit on 15-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join