It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Regarding The Aging 15000 Nuclear Warhead Arsenals.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
That is enough nukes to blow up and ruin every planet in the solar system.

Earth needs help fast.

It kind of makes me hope that all the claims of ufos disarming and switching off nukes are legit if we are so stupid to be playing around with such dangerous toys.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
do you remember when they first tested out the nukes, some scientists theorized it could ignite the atmosphere, killing everyone. so the scumbag einstein and his cronies, of course they hit the button.

did anyone ever see the john ritter- john belushi movie real men? in it, aliens offer us a bomb or a gift. half the people want the bomb, which would kill everyone, so they could 'kill the russians' in the movie lol. but the bomb would have killed everyone, but they did not care.

that was einstein (creator of many weapons of mass destruction) and his scumbag scientist friends.

ANYONE who created a nuclear bomb is a soci0path, and is a POS.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: chr0naut

And this certain countries history shows that they do not seek peace or compromise but are driven to win.

Russia?

Historically Russia's most effective tactic is the strategic withdrawal, directing the path of their enemy towards indefensible positions and/or to overextend enemy logistics (or to break through the ice and sink into frozen lakes).

So, not Russia.

edit on 15/5/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Ya sorry you are wrong, Oppenheimer built the bomb, the Germans were working on it, Einstein sent a letter to the president urging it be built or the Germans may do it. It was an eventuality but he was not involved in it's creation other than his theory of relativity in 1905.
www.doug-long.com...
Some history
www.atomicheritage.org...

edit on 15-5-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I would be more worried about someone making the bird flu airborne before I would worry about an accidental detonation of a nuke.

As we better understand the chain reaction , they are more capable in controlling how big a yield it is, which in theory leaves more people a chance at survival if they take the right steps after a detonation in their area.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You watch films from Bikini Atol experiments and realize just how mad having even a few of these bombs around is.

As one of the fathers of the bomb Oppenheimer once quoted "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." and I've read a story about someone stationed on a warship in Bikini who witnessed the tests and pretty much said 'what the F have we done.'

Then there is The Doomsday Handbook that says that if India and Pakistan crossed swords and exchanged 100 nukes it would decimate crops worldwide. And there are tens of thousands of nukes worldwide-not to mention we nearly had a WW3 because a bear tried to climb a fence.

Scary.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Nice site shows you how bad it would be:

nuclearsecrecy.com...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Anti Matter weaponry is the future.

I'm surprised we still keep these things around.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: dantanna

Ya sorry you are wrong, Oppenheimer built the bomb, the Germans were working on it, Einstein sent a letter to the president urging it be built or the Germans may do it. It was an eventuality but he was not involved in it's creation other than his theory of relativity in 1905.
www.doug-long.com...
Some history
www.atomicheritage.org...

You're wrong.

Oppenheimer didn't build the bomb. He was just one of many British, American and Canadian scientists who did.

Oppenheimer is given credit which is undeserved.
edit on 15-5-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: nwtrucker

That is because these day's they can more accurately deliver them, before ICBM's they kept making bigger and bigger bombs, to test the limits and also they only had to get sorta close..more a terror weapon than strategic in reality.

Exactly.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
That is enough nukes to blow up and ruin every planet in the solar system.

Earth needs help fast.

Sigh, there are WAY less nukes than in the day. They are MUCH smaller in yield than the old days.

If that's true, mankind is at least moving in the right direction. Self-preservation is good.

The bigger problem than the 'number' of nukes it's the number of nations that possess them. It is the ONLY reason I support any U.S. involvement in the ME. The eventual removal of Iran as a potential nuke possessor. Where Iran goes the rest of the ME will follow.....
edit on 15-5-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I've seen the USA bomb more countries in 20 years as Iran has ever done...

Don't get me wrong. I do not want anyone to have those bombs, But it is kinda " funny' that "we " can have them.. but as " they" have them it would be bad..

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

don`t breath a sigh of relief just yet, google ICBM accidents,those are just the ones that were reported, I`m sure that there were many more that we were never told about.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm certain thus has already been said, but....

Nukes don't just "go off". It is a very controlled sequence of events that need to be enacted to achieve A nuclear explosion. Research "fatman" and "littleboy" to understand how these work and why we tested two variations to determine yield on an enemy location.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

I've seen the USA bomb more countries in 20 years as Iran has ever done...

Don't get me wrong. I do not want anyone to have those bombs, But it is kinda " funny' that "we " can have them.. but as " they" have them it would be bad..

Iran doesn't use bombs, other than IEDs. They use Hamas and Hezbollah.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

don`t breath a sigh of relief just yet, google ICBM accidents,those are just the ones that were reported, I`m sure that there were many more that we were never told about.

Did you see the "just about" that was covered by the History Channel? Where the Russian that was in-charge of their alert system monitoring launch/heat plumes from the U.S.? He received 5 launch notices from their computer system coming out of the U.S.. It didn't make sense to him as five was too many for an accidental launch and not enough for an actual pre-emptive launch so he didn't do what he was supposed to do and activate their retaliatory protocols. It turned out that the system misread reflected solar heat from high altitude clouds and reported them as launches. IF he had done what he was supposed to do, a full retaliatory launch would have occurred.

He was never punished for his act, he was 'replaced' however.

One single man stopped all out nuclear war.

Talk about an unsung hero....

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes of course many were involved, it was a massive undertaking but he led the project.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

A great movie / documentary to watch: Threads.

Following a girl, surviving a nuclear attack on Sheffield.
Very well made, but extremely dark.

Should be shown to each and every owner (or owner-wannabe) of nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'd like to see us do another round of nuclear tests. I know the environmental wackos would lose their minds, but a handful of tests isn't gonna destroy the world. And it would be disastrous if we ever needed to use them and they didn't work because of some unknown issue that would've been discovered in testing. Just because you can't imagine something going wrong with them over this long a period of time doesn't mean nothing can. Real life is more imaginative than you. Only way to be sure is to test occasionally.

Bring on the hate.
edit on 15 5 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

1. Not possible for one of these to "accidentally" go off.

2. First part is classified second part see above.

3. Classified but not hard to figure out.

4. Google NNSA LEP

5. Google Pantex.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join