It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Mother's Day, Let's Not Forget the Moms Whose Babies Were Never Born

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This made me tear up and thought I would share. This isn't a political thread or an issues thread so let's keep that out for today. God bless those of you that have found themselves in the same situation of the author of the article sometime in their lives.

This touched something in my heart.

Highlights below:

pjmedia.com...

A little over three years ago I knelt before a row of flickering candles in a church I didn’t belong to and said goodbye to a baby I didn’t have. A baby who had lived inside me for nine short weeks. Whom I’d loved. Whose future I’d begun to plan. Whose little beating heart had begun to claim mine. But who was gone. I wasn’t going to be a mother after all.

So if, this Mother’s Day, the cards, and flowers, and random things that have turned pink, serve only as a cruel reminder of what you’ve lost and what you’re not, know this: you are one of us. You performed the ultimate selfless act of letting another human being use your body so it could live. And the fact that it didn’t live long, that it couldn’t stay, doesn’t make that act any less the act of a mom.

The love you felt for that little beating heart, isn’t any less the love of a mother. The dreams you dreamt for who your child would become, weren’t any less the dreams of a mom. The worries you had about whether you’d be a good mother, the fear that gripped you in the night when you thought you might not be able to do this, weren’t any less a mother’s fears. Your heart isn’t any less a mother’s heart.

I’m not going to tell you your day will come. Because, the reality is, it might not. I don’t know what your future holds, and nor do you. Only God knows that. But I do know that now, in this moment, just as you are, you belong at the moms table.

Wherever you are this Mother’s Day, whoever you are, whatever your story, I’ll be thinking of you. Sending you my love. Praying for your little ones. And for mine. From one mother to another: Happy Mother’s Day.

edit on 14-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My mother in law lost three babies, one far along enough to know the sex.
She mourned them all. She had six children that survived. My hubby being one.
I never miscarried but I can tell you it's a sleeping terror in every would be mom. Along with the sleeping fear of S.I.D.S. until they are six months old. Second only to the fear that something might be wrong with them.
Or worrying that something could happen which continues until...well ill let you know when . My oldest is 42 my youngest 21.

I had the unfortunate experience of announcing a pregnancy to co workers back in 82 when another lady had just announced hers. She lost her baby. It was rough because I wanted to be happy but somehow felt guilty around her. Like bumping into her literally in the ladies room. She had been ahead of me by almost two months and when her due date came around it was bad. Until I left there I never mentioned when it was my son's birthday so she wouldn't be reminded.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When it's father's day can we talk about all the sperm that's been lost? Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
an old friend of mine from school lost her pregnancy not long ago and I sent her a message this morning. I was pretty happy when I saw this thread.

Thanks.

-Alee

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
this thread speaks to me because my girlfriend had three miscarriages before she finally had a son. she keeps the ashes from her last miscarriage in a teddy bear in our room. she got really mad one time because the cat decided she needed that spot more than the teddy did. the cat has gotten a lot better about sharing space with the teddy since she got her butt beat for it. point being, even those who are not successfully born stay with us sometimes.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
This made me tear up and thought I would share. This isn't a political thread or an issues thread so let's keep that out for today. God bless those of you that have found themselves in the same situation of the author of the article sometime in their lives.

This touched something in my heart.

Highlights below:

pjmedia.com...

A little over three years ago I knelt before a row of flickering candles in a church I didn’t belong to and said goodbye to a baby I didn’t have. A baby who had lived inside me for nine short weeks. Whom I’d loved. Whose future I’d begun to plan. Whose little beating heart had begun to claim mine. But who was gone. I wasn’t going to be a mother after all.

So if, this Mother’s Day, the cards, and flowers, and random things that have turned pink, serve only as a cruel reminder of what you’ve lost and what you’re not, know this: you are one of us. You performed the ultimate selfless act of letting another human being use your body so it could live. And the fact that it didn’t live long, that it couldn’t stay, doesn’t make that act any less the act of a mom.

The love you felt for that little beating heart, isn’t any less the love of a mother. The dreams you dreamt for who your child would become, weren’t any less the dreams of a mom. The worries you had about whether you’d be a good mother, the fear that gripped you in the night when you thought you might not be able to do this, weren’t any less a mother’s fears. Your heart isn’t any less a mother’s heart.

I’m not going to tell you your day will come. Because, the reality is, it might not. I don’t know what your future holds, and nor do you. Only God knows that. But I do know that now, in this moment, just as you are, you belong at the moms table.

Wherever you are this Mother’s Day, whoever you are, whatever your story, I’ll be thinking of you. Sending you my love. Praying for your little ones. And for mine. From one mother to another: Happy Mother’s Day.

Thank you for this. I'm very weepy now, but I needed this.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My own Mom lost two girls before she ended up having my siblings and I.

My heart goes out these Mom's.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I had the unfortunate experience of announcing a pregnancy to co workers back in 82 when another lady had just announced hers. She lost her baby. It was rough because I wanted to be happy but somehow felt guilty around her. Like bumping into her literally in the ladies room. She had been ahead of me by almost two months and when her due date came around it was bad. Until I left there I never mentioned when it was my son's birthday so she wouldn't be reminded.

A similar thing happened to me. My husband's cousin got pregnant within about two weeks from my pregnancy. She lost the baby before the first trimester was over, but my pregnancy went fine. What makes me feel even worse was that she and her husband were trying hard for this baby, but we weren't - my pregnancy was an accident. I'm sure it must have killed her to see me getting further and further along every time the family got together. The only thing that helped is that she got pregnant a year later and had a healthy baby boy.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Mazel tov.
I'm glad there was a happy ending.
It turned out the girl that worked with me had diabetes and as far as I know she never had a child.
Happy mothers day. 💐

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
When it's father's day can we talk about all the sperm that's been lost? Thanks.

Good point.. many fathers say good bye to their children without wanting to as well. The feelings from their hearts sre as important as a womans. But we're talking embryos here not eggs and sperm seperately.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I knew you were being sarcastic but had to make the point that there are many fathers who's hearts break with the miscarriages of their unborn children and some who suffer heartbreak when their child is aborted. 😕

new topics

top topics

join