It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be Hated for Doing What is Right

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss
I appreciate your elaboration, inclusivity not exclusivity is the key, but what I find compelling is that you find it boring under such circumstance.

Isn't boredom, to quote a wise man I have the honor to talk to not long ago said (and to paraphrase):

"... to take advantage of for new perspectives and to explore all that one can take. Boredom like "pain" is rather insistent about being 'in the moment'."

Isn't the concept of right and wrong regardless of how we understand its intricacies, how we practice or preach it is also insistent, or should we say inexorable; morality and ethics whatever banner it's under should be an inexhaustible source of new perspectives? Perspectives that more often than not lead us to hate... boredom and apathy?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The heart knows what the head does not.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

The heart knows what the head does not.

And the head knows what the heart does not?
I'm a 'philosopher' more than a poet, so my question might be 'what is knowledge' in the first place, but I understand your 'poetically expressed' meaning. *__-

Within without, Self abides...

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
I appreciate your elaboration, inclusivity not exclusivity is the key, but what I find compelling is that you find it boring under such circumstance.

'Boring' (perhaps a poor choice of terms) reflects all the times 'vanity' has masqueraded as 'The Way'. I find it 'tedious' to watch the vain 'gurus' talking about 'exclusivity'; do this, don't do that... 'this person is one of 'Us', and that person just doesn't measure up unless they see things our way (caught our 'belief' infection), we are the Children of God and they are heathens. Its a very, very old story. *__-

Isn't boredom, to quote a wise man I have the honor to talk to not long ago said (and to paraphrase):

"... to take advantage of for new perspectives and to explore all that one can take. Boredom like "pain" is rather insistent about being 'in the moment'."

'Boredom' is a passing 'feeling', "I 'feel' bored!", like any other passing feeling/thought/ego. Of course, 'meaning' is also in the perceived thoughts/feelings of the beholder.

Isn't the concept of right and wrong regardless of how we understand its intricacies, how we practice or preach it is also insistent, or should we say inexorable; morality and ethics whatever banner it's under should be an inexhaustible source of new perspectives? Perspectives that more often than not lead us to hate... boredom and apathy?

I 'feel' intrigued in what you said, but I do not understand what you mean. Please rephrase? *__-

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ofnoaccount

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
a reply to: ofnoaccount

How would she prove she is god. ?

By saying to you, that Jehovah is God.

And HE created all things.

Don't get coy with God.

No...."Jehovah" isn't god.
Besides, there's no "J" in Hebrew.
The Most High God (whom Jesus showed us) is not "Jehovah".
edit on 16-6-2017 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thank you for explaining boredom, now I think I understand. Why didn't I thought of it in the context of your explanation as a phase; a distinct period or stage in a process of change or forming part of someone's development? Why not be curious? Why be bored if there is an inexhaustible source of ideas to think about, figure out... and things to do?

Isn't it part of living or of being to figure out the perennial questions like what is right and what is wrong? Should we deconstruct it, strip it bear to its foundations and try to find the concept's source or origin?

This is just my observation, we sometimes, if not often talk about things that we don't truly understand. We think we understand something, but it still begs the question, do we really understand it? What is the ultimate benchmark of understanding anyway? How do we measure it and with what? The things we do or say... the questions we ask? Asking questions with no definitive answers or should we just embrace the mystery with humility?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

After all is said and done, the conundrum is, we have nothing to fall back to but our own understanding we seldom question... isn't this fun?

How about intuition?
edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor
Besides, there's no "J" in Hebrew.
The Most High God (whom Jesus showed us) is not "Jehovah".

You just said there's no "J" in Hebrew, that argument doesn't count when you're saying "Jesus"?

edit on 17-6-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Winning hearts and minds I see.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Thank you for explaining boredom, now I think I understand. Why didn't I thought of it in the context of your explanation as a phase; a distinct period or stage in a process of change or forming part of someone's development? Why not be curious? Why be bored if there is an inexhaustible source of ideas to think about, figure out... and things to do?

'Boredom' is a 'feeling' that we experience/perceive, as it passes by. We are not in control of it. When this little telescope faces the sun, we perceive/experience the sun. When a 'thought/feeling' goes by, that is what we perceive. Some folks are 'inspired' by the recognition of 'bored' to sally forth and try to make it go away by doing stuff, often to someone. Eventually the feeling passes, and we take credit (ego) for making it go with our willful 'doing'. Such is ego.
One is not experiencing the feeling of 'bored' when there are other 'ideas' in one's sights.

Isn't it part of living or of being to figure out the perennial questions like what is right and what is wrong?

Only a philosopher concerns himself with such nonsense, society teaches us at a very young age what it thinks is right and wrong, like any good propagandist! *__- Most folks do not question such deep programming. Funny that 'programming' doesn't seem to work!

Should we deconstruct it, strip it bear to its foundations and try to find the concept's source or origin?

'Right' and 'wrong', like 'good' and 'evil', like 'life' and 'death'... exist in the thoughts/ego of the beholder! Ultimately, 'God's Ego'!

This is just my observation, we sometimes, if not often talk about things that we don't truly understand. We think we understand something, but it still begs the question, do we really understand it? What is the ultimate benchmark of understanding anyway?

Back to 'feelings'! We, at times, perceive a 'feeling' of understanding! Feelings are thoughts, so it is natural for some thoughts to be perceived with a 'feeling' that we 'understand'. Like a 'light' goes on, like a weight is lifted... we're 'levitation' in the stratosphere of the mind! Often a very pleasant feeling, but a passing feeling, nonetheless. And next week you'll perceive that same feeling along with something 180 degrees from what came with the 'feeling' last time! Never believe your thoughts/feelings/ego!

How do we measure it and with what? The things we do or say... the questions we ask? Asking questions with no definitive answers or should we just embrace the mystery with humility?

That's the ego, always wanting to draw boundaries so it can measure and discern! It's a great game, unless you 'believe' that the One is as 'fragmented' as it appears.
Anyway, right and wrong is not our real problem, learning to become unconditional Love/Enlightened transcends all such tiny dualistic mental disputations, Love is always 'right', but never sees it like that! *__-

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Truth is ALL inclusive, even of 'right' and 'wrong' judgmentalism!

After all is said and done, the conundrum is, we have nothing to fall back to but our own understanding we seldom question... isn't this fun?

If we do not 'believe' our 'understanding', we are seldom disappointed when we perceive it wrapped in a new outfit! *__-

How about intuition?
I have found that intuition is never 'wrong', and is instantaneous rather than temporal, like a rickety train of thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wow. I'm thoroughly satisfied with your answers. I appreciate it very much for taking the time to share your perspective. Trying to poke holes in it or attempt to split hairs will be a total waste of both of our time... I would like to savor this moment of clarity.

Now that that moment had passed, please excuse me if this sounds like a schoolgirl's slumbook question. How do you define Love? Does it need defining, examining or again, measuring? Can you please elaborate on this. We often use words carelessly that we thought we knew their meaning but only have a vague idea of what it is.

How do we recognize it, or intuit unconditional Love to "transcend all such tiny dualistic mental disputations" as part of the perennial whole? To go beyond dichotomies, how do we find the center or the middle way? Is it just a metaphorical and metaphysical balancing act?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Wow. I'm thoroughly satisfied with your answers. I appreciate it very much for taking the time to share your perspective. Trying to poke holes in it or attempt to split hairs will be a total waste of both of our time... I would like to savor this moment of clarity.

Hahaha! You're welcome! *__-

How do you define Love?

I don't. Unconditional Love is .. well 'unconditional', transcendental, transcending the duality of 'conditional' thought! It's too 'big' to fit in your Head, that's why;
"Only a Breaking Heart can Love!"

Does it need defining, examining or again, measuring?

No! Unconditional Love/Enlightenment cannot be measured, that is all 'conditional'. Your measuring tape is too short to measure Love! *__-
What Love 'needs' is experiencing! Living! Knowing!

How do we recognize it, or intuit unconditional Love to "transcend all such tiny dualistic mental disputations" as part of the perennial whole?

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS Known by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith... ALWAYS!
When you experience, then you Know! Faith is Knowledge!

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

To go beyond dichotomies, how do we find the center or the middle way? Is it just a metaphorical and metaphysical balancing act?

To go 'beyond' the duality involves transcending (experiencing, not attaching or fleeing) 'thought/ego'. For a few moments at a time, at first, little blinks of the larger Self!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I love it, no pun intended. To find clarity or coherence in the ambiguous and ephemeral... Again, much obliged and on this note, I conclude my inquiry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join