It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Besieged by Boycott Calls After Cancellation of Conservative Tim Allen’s Hit Show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Much hair on fire over nothing, Friday night shows tend not to last too long.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And sometimes shows just get cancelled because their ratings are bad or salaries are no longer justified by revenue.

ETA: After two seconds of digging, I found this.

ABC has opted not to renew the longtime Friday 8 PM anchor for Season 7 despite the fact that the blue-collar sitcom was ABC’s second most watched comedy this season with 8.1 million viewers in Live +7, only behind flagship Modern Family (8,7 million). It was the third most watched ABC scripted series overall behind Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family.

The Tim Allen-starring multi-camera sitcom often had gone down to the wire on renewals, with ABC and producing studio 20th Century Fox TV wrangling over the series’ license fee. ABC is supposed to cover the cost of the show at this point in its run, and LMS is on the higher end for a multi-camera sitcom because of the marquee salary Allen commands, but 20th TV had agreed to license fee reductions in the past and reportedly were open to another one. This time, there was no negotiating or bargaining, with ABC simply deciding against another season.

Deadline

The related blurb beneath it is interesting too.

Apparently the Trump electorate is a market networks are looking to wrangle, I wonder what ABC will go with to replace Last Man Standing. Probably something they hadn't relegated to Friday nights a couple of years ago.
edit on 5/14/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wait a minute...hit show?

Let's not beat around the bush here, this is no hit show.

A hit show...somehow still is big bang theory, which is number 2 behind sunday night football..

Last man standing is number 56.

deadline.com...

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And sometimes shows just get cancelled because their ratings are bad or salaries are no longer justified by revenue.

ETA: After two seconds of digging, I found this.

ABC has opted not to renew the longtime Friday 8 PM anchor for Season 7 despite the fact that the blue-collar sitcom was ABC’s second most watched comedy this season with 8.1 million viewers in Live +7, only behind flagship Modern Family (8,7 million). It was the third most watched ABC scripted series overall behind Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family.

The Tim Allen-starring multi-camera sitcom often had gone down to the wire on renewals, with ABC and producing studio 20th Century Fox TV wrangling over the series’ license fee. ABC is supposed to cover the cost of the show at this point in its run, and LMS is on the higher end for a multi-camera sitcom because of the marquee salary Allen commands, but 20th TV had agreed to license fee reductions in the past and reportedly were open to another one. This time, there was no negotiating or bargaining, with ABC simply deciding against another season.

Deadline

The related blurb beneath it is interesting too.

Apparently the Trump electorate is a market networks are looking to wrangle, I wonder what ABC will go with to replace Last Man Standing. Probably something they hadn't relegated to Friday nights a couple of years ago.

OH so Since ABC was going to pick up the entire production cost instead of Fox they canned the show huh? WHat a bunch of cheapskates.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I had no idea Tim had another show, I thought he was semi-retired & just doing occasional voice-overs for movies.

I haven't watched anything on network TV in so long that I have no clue who most of these "celebrities" the past 5 years or so are anymore. That being said, I do occasionally hop on to Comet's website & watch reruns of Stargate: Atlantis. I can't be bothered to try to figure out if we even get it in our cable package (still wondering why we bother to keep the cable, since Netflix is our boob tube go-to now)

As to the show, I wonder what kind of "sweeten the deal" stuff went along with reduced licensing fees. What was ABC bartering/giving to Fox in return for lower cost licensing that they're not willing to give any more? Was Fox running something from ABC studios, be it current or in syndication that got axed & dropping Tim Allen's show was retaliation?
edit on 5/14/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join