It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions Just Fired The First Shot In Trump's War On Drugs.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Well Session encourage the district attorneys to give maximum penalties, but it's at their discretion. It isn't forced. I think libs just flip out anything and everything. They are completely nuts and take everything to the extreme.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This isn't just going to be a War on Drugs. This is going to be a war on crime. Basically they're telling every prosecutor in the USA to go tough on charges in every case. So much for plea deals.

Donald Trump did say on the campaign trail he was going to get tough on crime and "bring the rule of law and order back to the United States". I'm guessing this is the first phase.

One day, Americans will look back at how the Police State got started, and look back whistfully to a time when Barack Obama said "let's try and help people, rather than just throwing the book at them".

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Plea deals send people to prison longer, because a good chunk, maybe even majority of them end up violating probation multiple times and then end up serving the maximum sentence possible. Sometimes a five year felony depending on the matter could be instead given a two year sentence. But if somebody takes a plea instead and violate probation, they can and usually are sentenced to the maximum time possible.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
This isn't just going to be a War on Drugs. This is going to be a war on crime. Basically they're telling every prosecutor in the USA to go tough on charges in every case. So much for plea deals.

Donald Trump did say on the campaign trail he was going to get tough on crime and "bring the rule of law and order back to the United States". I'm guessing this is the first phase.

One day, Americans will look back at how the Police State got started, and look back whistfully to a time when Barack Obama said "let's try and help people, rather than just throwing the book at them".

Another poster just explained this, but basically... throwing the book at people is a bad tactic. At best it leads to a bunch of plea bargains. At worst it results in prosecutors overcharging and failing to prove their case.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
a reply to: namelesss

I think it would be great if liberals, in an effort to thwart Trump, started a legalization drive. I think enough republicans would joine in. Problem solved.

I do not see how national legalization can be avoided.
The parasites holding desperately to their drug-war/private prison income will be crushed.
And yes, those who 'drive' definitely do the 'legalization drives'!
Speaking of driving, all the research says that people drive BETTER while on cannabis! *__-

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: notsure1
Jeff Sessions Just Fired The First Shot In Trump's War On Drugs.

Read my lips;

Sessions is nothing more than an aged carbunkle on the ass of Amerikkkan politiks!
In the case of the failed 'drug war' and it's resurrection by Sessions, he is a nasty, racist, ignorant wheezing old snail gonna puff his chest and hold up traffic on the 101, and will shortly be thoroughly flattened and left by the side of the road!

Don't eBay your new pipes just yet! *__-

He gonna get K-Lined??

or is he the tip of the mushroom, that has links everywhere... I honestly thought things were changing when it came to this, but I'm getting the sad and scary impression that it is simply subterfuge..

I see no avenue to reverse legalization.
They can fill their prisons with Tylenol users after making it illegal.
Don't fall for the fear that the headlines are pouring out.
People eat it up.

On the other hand, 'things', in general, are going to have to get a lot worse!
But I honestly cannot the war on drugs being allowed to continue.
The results of the last one are in.
People are still profiting with stoners in their prisons!
The oligarchs in the WH!

Maybe by the time the next elections come up (if)...
Nah, we vote for our own corrupt reflections!
Buckle up, the next couple centuries are going to be just as exciting!
More! *__-

The ONLY way through it all is unconditional Love/Enlightenment!

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The state of Washington got a letter from Jeff Sessions just recently. To sum it up, he reasserts his federal authority and reminds the state what actions he can take but will show mercy for now.. And Jeffy wants more regulations.

www.washingtonpost.com... =.5bd9e92a7b48

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly. Sessions is a complete tool. Lets the Clinton gang break any and every law they choose, recuse yourself from the Russian Collusion debacle, and now attack marijuana laws that citizens voted for. Disgusting little D-Bag that one, and I'm a deplorable! Anywho I've scored and smoked weed through 7 administrations so far, some of it world class, F 'em.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Currently trending on Twitter.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The largest group of people convicted of drug possession is at the state level. Federal drug prosecutions mainly deal with large quantities (manufacturing / intent to distribute / etc - IE the big fish).

Session relies on the Controlled Substance Act to challenge state laws that are in conflict.

The problem is the CSA was never intended to usurp the states rights to regulate the medical professions in their borders. The reason he would threaten the states that legalized it is because of how its sold. Stores generally have a large variety / amount on hand. Quantities that would be right up the DOJ's alley.

Also if I am not mistaken, and in a twist of irony and bewilderment, all states that allow the sale of marijuana are required to operate as a cash only business. Why you may ask? Because federal law prohibits the use of financial institutions in the drug trade.

Essentially the states dont care about federal law when it comes to possession / use / growing but they do care about federal law when it comes to banks and the sale of these items.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I voted for Trump.

I am also for legalization.

(Now that we have that out of the way)

Cities like Chicago, Baltimore, etc are rife with crime, increased homicides.

One of Trumps campaign promises was to do something about it.

Since drugs are the cornerstone of much of gang/criminal activity, it would be a necessary focus.

That's where legalization of Marijuana comes in to play. That takes money and one revenue stream away from gangs. I'm not sure I'm all for legalizing all drugs yet. I don't think we're there as a country yet, but pot, yes. I'd rather cops and prosecuters, courts and prisons focus on crimes like murder, rape, sexual assault etc rather than pot.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

As usual you are wrong. This is is a nonsensical move by a weak AG who has much bigger fish to fry. War on crime?? What crime? This was voted on state by state, BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You're absolutely right!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ive considered that Trump seems to prefer the laws to reflect enforcement. He's moved against other ignored laws (jerusalem) and stated that we need to either follow the law or change it.

Could this be a way to force Congress to do their jobs and change the laws regardless of input from executice branch appointees? If not...could that be the result anyway?

Lets be honest...this is less about Trump and Sessions and more about a lame duck, impotent Legislature.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If legalization was so important why did congress ignore it?

This is not a trump thing this is a congress not doing their job.

I would not be surprised if you still see selective enforcement, kind of a crackdown in crime ridden areas while ignoring people using cannabis oil to treat their kids seizures.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join