It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions Just Fired The First Shot In Trump's War On Drugs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You're taking an enormous jump to assume what Sessions said equates to going after legal growers under Colorado state law.

Now the Mexican cartels illegally growing and trafficking in CA, that's different.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: rickymouse

I live in a medical marijuana state. It's incredibly easy to get a card and permit to grow and supply for co-ops. This seems much more aimed at the Mexican cartels who's moved into this state and grow and sell illegally.

I went down to the police station and asked what they thought about me starting a business growing and selling medical Marijuana in town. The chief of police told me it wasn't a good idea, someone would be breaking in every weekend and would get through any door I put up or go through the cement block walls or roof. As I was talking to him, he got a call, there was an explosion at the Pharmacy in town. Just the propane tank on the fork lift they use for unloading supplies.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I would have chosen the "green" line vs. red for long term business viability personally, I thought they had smarter marketing departments.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You do know that there is not one person in Federal prison for simply smoking weed or using any other drugs for that matter, right?

I very seriously doubt that anyone would even be sent to state or county prison in this day and age for personal drug use unless there's another crime involved (DUI, property crime, assault, etc...).

If I see even one individual go to prison under Trump for personal drug use not involving any other crime, then I'll change my opinion. As far as drug dealers go -- I couldn't give a s#|t. Especially if they're dealing hard drugs. We have a real problem with that right now...

The bottom line is that this is obviously a turd sandwich meant to bash Trump.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I voted for Trump.

I am also for legalization.

(Now that we have that out of the way)

Cities like Chicago, Baltimore, etc are rife with crime, increased homicides.

One of Trumps campaign promises was to do something about it.

Since drugs are the cornerstone of much of gang/criminal activity, it would be a necessary focus.

Presuming the War On Drugs isn't the core of the causes of much of the "illegal" activity.

What would be your solution to the rising crime in urban areas?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: notsure1

Well, Sessions is partly right, most of the people I know that have the MM card actually got it so they could do it legally. I would say seventy five percent around here went out and got a doctor to sign off on it just so they could get legally high and grow their own.

I do not dispute that cannabis does have some good medical properties, it is a medicine. But these people are growing the best strains to catch a buzz with, not the low power medical type.

Ok.. and so.. People are doing what they want which is why the war will never end.

I think they should make cannabis legal but put a minimum age on it's use. Lets see, I am sixty one, they can set it at sixty.

It has to be 44 and I will agree.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

You do know that there is not one person in Federal prison for simply smoking weed or using any other drugs for that matter, right?

I very seriously doubt that anyone would even be sent to state or county prison in this day and age for personal drug use unless there's another crime involved (DUI, property crime, assault, etc...).

If I see even one individual go to prison under Trump for personal drug use not involving any other crime, then I'll change my opinion. As far as drug dealers go -- I couldn't give a s#|t. Especially if they're dealing hard drugs. We have a real problem with that right now...

Tons of stories of people being arrested 3 times for weed and the 3rd time they get 20 years because of stupid archaic drug war laws.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I voted for Trump.

Since drugs are the cornerstone of much of gang/criminal activity, it would be a necessary focus.

Presuming the War On Drugs isn't the core of the causes of much of the "illegal" activity.

What would be your solution to the rising crime in urban areas?

How about actually devoting all the resources to catching real criminals not drug dealers.

Stop making drugs the #1 priority and blaming them for peoples dumb choices, Its the same as blaming the gun not the guy who pulled the trigger.

We all know alcohol and cigarettes kill way more people and cause way more violence then drugs ever will.

Where is the war on that?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Sounds good.

I'm not in charge, however.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Tons of stories of people being arrested 3 times for weed and the 3rd time they get 20 years because of stupid archaic drug war laws.

That might be true at the state level, though I doubt it has happened in the last 20 years or so unless there were other crimes involved, but this thread is complaining about Jeff Sessions who at the Federal level is simply never going to harass the individual drug user. It's just not going to happen.

Sessions has already said he's going to concentrate on the Mexican gangs who are bringing is the majority of the heroin and meth. That has nothing to do with the individual smoking a bowl on their own property...

Again, the bottom line is that this Sessions thing has ZERO to do with the individual drug user.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You're taking an enormous jump to assume what Sessions said equates to going after legal growers under Colorado state law.

Now the Mexican cartels illegally growing and trafficking in CA, that's different.

Cmon look at Jeff Sessions record and tell me you dont think thats coming. I wanted to believe in Trump he was gonna be different he was gonna care ... LMAO.

He is just like our fathers.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

That might be true at the state level, though I doubt it has happened in the last 20 years or so unless there were other crimes involved, but this thread is complaining about Jeff Sessions who at the Federal level is simply never going to harass the individual drug user. It's just not going to happen.

Sessions has already said he's going to concentrate on the Mexican gangs who are bringing is the majority of the heroin and meth. That has nothing to do with the individual smoking a bowl on their own property...

Again, the bottom line is that this Sessions thing has ZERO to do with the individual drug user.

Look the whole stance on weed by them is harassing the everyday user. If you dont see that your love for the right has you blind
edit on 13-5-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

the bottom line is that this is obviously a turd sandwich meant to bash Trump

Nope I voted for Trump, and I have the right to voice my displeasure. I have been down this road before and see the writing on the wall.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I voted for Trump.

Then push for legalization. I haven't seen one dealer in Oregon since we did that.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Well, Sessions is partly right, most of the people I know that have the MM card actually got it so they could do it legally. I would say seventy five percent around here went out and got a doctor to sign off on it just so they could get legally high and grow their own.

I do not dispute that cannabis does have some good medical properties, it is a medicine. But these people are growing the best strains to catch a buzz with, not the low power medical type.

But, twenty five percent of the people around here are using it to treat medical problems and they need the right to use it, it is a good medicine and affordable if you can raise your own.

SO WHAT?

Are they killing you, stealing your things, infringing on your personal rights?

Get over it, who cares...

Go buy a bottle of jack daniels and tell me how life is...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The war on drugs is the war on the CIA rivals. If he wants to stop drug use he should focus on the CIA for starters.

Second they should legalize all drugs and create free rehab facilities with the profits they make.

Drug dealers make enough money to literally own politicians and police forces, and gangs, and governments...

Drugs have consistently won the war on drugs, i don't think they are going anywhere.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I too am all for legalization but none of this is aimed at the dude next door who enjoys rolling one up after work. This is aimed at traffickers. I see no issue with that.

Sure I'd prefer drugs be legalized but that's not going to happen anytime soon. Next best option is to hammer the traffickers who also usually are involved on other things like human trafficking and prostitution.

This has nothing to do with medical marijuana. OP seems like he has a terrible understanding of the issue at hand.

Bang the nail, it's the only way to stop nails.

You know the concept of supply and demand, yeah? big pharma sure does.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

For pot.

Sure.

But the gangs have changed and went with prescription opioids, heroin, crack etc.

Federal government didn't legalize with democrats in control, the republicans won't either.

States will have to do it.

States still suffer under federal law.

Just let weed be a non-crime. profiteers will always be around, always have. its about god damn time people stopped being criminals for a vice. hell, I can eat more raw potato that will kill me, than I could ever eat enough green.

And I can also make moonshine out of potatoes. BAN THE SPUD !!!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
oh Jesus #ing Christ! You people act like you can't just keep buying your drugs illegally from the same people you already have been for years now. Jeff Sessions is not suddenly going to grow X-Ray eyes and simultaneously see everybody's dealers at the same time and mark them for arrest.

Most of yall are sourcing locally anyways if your talking about your pot. And if it is harder drugs, well then God help you when you have to choose between your processed illicit dope and your freedom, but it will be your choice to make of your own free will. So don't blame Sessions, the President, Satan or God or anybody else who has not forced you to consume your poison and sacrifice your freedom.

Just stick with your pot, keep getting it from the same people whether legally or not, and just calm down. Yall will have the privilege to keep getting high until older age for some time yet.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

So, effectively...

growing, illegal.
selling, illegal.
Using, A-Ok.

Umm, how does one go about the last part? if you can't grow it for personal use, and you can't find someone to buy from.

Effectively, a trifecta of illegal. By omission.

And who cares by the way, if it's medicinal or recreational? Go jump out of a perfectly safe plane with a parachute, hell, pay someone heaps of money to do it. It's not the busted chute that kills you, it's the stop when you hit the ground.

this world is backasswards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join