It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Fires James Comey and then Meets with the Russians (literally!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: c2oden

The arguing and bickering and division. He's doing things to add to that. His "brilliance" is nothing more than divisive rhetoric and showmanship.

There is not any more divisive rhetoric now than there has ever been.
And Trump is not nearly the showman that Obama was.
All Obama had was showmanship.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
America Russia are truly kicking Islamist butt after Obama is gone. Good job and keep it up

The hysteria about Russia is bemusing to us foreigners.

America has become a true dystopia because of unchecked liberalism and capitalism. Russia knows a thing or two about empire collapse. Perhaps they could actually help the USA. Did anyone ever stop to think about that?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Healthcare is the ONLY issue upon which I disagree with President Trump.

Obamacare should be allowed to collapse completely and the entire mess hung around the necks of those solely responsible for that historic debacle -- liberals!

Rand Paul is correct. The Federal government has no constitutional mandate to meddle in healthcare. Further, the Constitution does NOT grant a "right" to healthcare to the individual.

No one knows what the final version of the AHCA will look like until it makes its way through the Senate, but my gut tells me that Trump has played this exactly right: Obamacare will collapse, and the AHCA will never see the light of day.

We'll see...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

If the US falls, Russia is number 1. Russia prays America falls.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Obamacare should be allowed to collapse completely and the entire mess hung around the necks of those solely responsible for that historic debacle -- liberals!

Rand Paul is correct. The Federal government has no constitutional mandate to meddle in healthcare. Further, the Constitution does NOT grant a "right" to healthcare to the individual.

No one knows what the final version of the AHCA will look like until it makes its way through the Senate, but my gut tells me that Trump has played this exactly right: Obamacare will collapse, and the AHCA will never see the light of day.

We'll see...

The freedom caucus will never let AHCA see the light of day. But let's face it, they are essentially Libertarians within the GOP.

I've derailed this enough. My point here is that Trump is mocking the US media with this play and I'm saying as a person who isn't really aligned with either side that it's for the betterment of the US that our media gets called out and corrected for its manipulation of the public.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: markosity1973

If the US falls, Russia is number 1. Russia prays America falls.

That is the kind of paranoia I am talking about.

Russia failed back at the end of the 1980's. It was not #1 #2 or even #10 for a while there. Then along came Putin and reinvigorated the place and now they are back.

The USA will never be entirely defeated unless the planet is reduced to a pile of ash. Everyone including Russia knows that.

So relax and let Trump and Putin be friends. Who knows, they might defeat Islamic Radical Terrorism after all if they work together.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh man, Trump doesn't want to antagonize or start a war with Russia, how horrible he is! He met with a Russian ambassador? Clearly a traitor! We need to get him out of office, otherwise we can't start WW3 with Putin!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And how many hundreds of time did Obama do the same exact thing and no one objected?

Move along folks nothing to see hear.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

And how many hundreds of time did Obama do the same exact thing and no one objected?

Move along folks nothing to see hear.

Do what exactly??? Whatever your answer is doesn't really matter. Let's just say you're right and Obama did the same thing too. If it was wrong when he did it then it's wrong now too. But you're right, nobody is doing anything about it!!! Including you because you think it's ok because someone else did it first. Where is the f*cking sense in that???

Do two wrongs make a right???

Am I stopping you from going after Obama for doing anything??? No, I'm not. Do what you got to do. But don't blame me for doing the same thing now. What kind of argument is that??? I'm not for anyone being corrupt. Show me where Obama did the same and I'll say the same about him as I do Trump. What you're doing is just deflecting because you think I'm on someone's team here. I'm not on any team or political group. You have no basis for your argument.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

We'll see...

The freedom caucus will never let AHCA see the light of day. But let's face it, they are essentially Libertarians within the GOP.

I've derailed this enough. My point here is that Trump is mocking the US media with this play and I'm saying as a person who isn't really aligned with either side that it's for the betterment of the US that our media gets called out and corrected for its manipulation of the public.

The House Freedom Caucus already voted for the House version and it's now with the Senate. There is no such thing as a Senate Freedom Caucus. The Senate will present their own bill eventually, but my guess is Obamacare will collapse first.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Mishmashum

I left the Democratic Party due to that. If your primary vote doesn't matter, why even belong to the Party? The Republicans tried to force Trump out, too. Little did they realize the more they tried to push him out the more votes he received because 3/4ths of the country is sick of politicians.

"Winding in and out through the long, devious basement passage, crawling through the corridors, trailing its slimy length from gallery to committee room, at last it lies stretched at full length on the floor of Congress-this dazzling reptile, this huge, scaly serpent of the lobby." What was this awful creature? It was intended as the embodiment of lobbyists

I am of two minds. Professional politicians serve a purpose as button pushers, but they should have never have the power to subvert the will of the people. The idea that our country is being regularly bought and sold is nothing but a bad joke. How is the United States supposed to function as a democracy in a system controlled by plutocrats who employ thousands of lobbyists to write bills they then pressure onto Congress? Until we solve that we're going nowhere but down.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

We'll see...

The House Freedom Caucus already voted for the House version and it's now with the Senate. There is no such thing as a Senate Freedom Caucus. The Senate will present their own bill eventually, but my guess is Obamacare will collapse first.

Agreed, I'm hoping the replacement is much more aligned with Rand than Ryan.

My fault, Rand met with the Freedom Caucus and they made changes to the bill, but it's still crap.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mishmashum

I left the Democratic Party due to that. If your primary vote doesn't matter, why even belong to the Party? The Republicans tried to force Trump out, too. Little did they realize the more they tried to push him out the more votes he received because 3/4ths of the country is sick of politicians.

"Winding in and out through the long, devious basement passage, crawling through the corridors, trailing its slimy length from gallery to committee room, at last it lies stretched at full length on the floor of Congress-this dazzling reptile, this huge, scaly serpent of the lobby." What was this awful creature? It was intended as the embodiment of lobbyists

I am of two minds. Professional politicians serve a purpose as button pushers, but they should have never have the power to subvert the will of the people. The idea that our country is being regularly bought and sold is nothing but a bad joke. How is the United States supposed to function as a democracy in a system controlled by plutocrats who employs thousands of lobbyists to write bills they then pressure onto Congress? Until we solve that we're going nowhere but down.

In the age of the internet, why doesn't everyone within a district have access to the ballot to vote on bills? Then the Rep is really taking the results and representating the people like he/she should.

That's pretty much what the system should be. It'll never be enacted, though. The Government fears us too much for that to happen.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mishmashum

I am of two minds. Professional politicians serve a purpose as button pushers, but they should have never have the power to subvert the will of the people. The idea that our country is being regularly bought and sold is nothing but a bad joke. How is the United States supposed to function as a democracy in a system controlled by plutocrats who employs thousands of lobbyists to write bills they then pressure onto Congress? Until we solve that we're going nowhere but down.

In the age of the internet, why doesn't everyone within a district have access to the ballot to vote on bills? Then the Rep is really taking the results and representating the people like he/she should.

That's pretty much what the system should be. It'll never be enacted, though. The Government fears us too much for that to happen.

It is a nice dream. I have always hoped we would come up with some form of compromise where at the very least we could vote on priorities in government. Imagine how nice it would be to itemize which departments you felt deserved your tax dollars. Not going to happen, but at least we can talk about things that would make for a better world.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Our media had no access at all to anything.

Incorrect. Early, the morning of the meeting, the day after Comey was fired, I watched CNBC (business, finance) and it was reported. Obviously "media" had access to something since it was reported.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

MoJom you cant stop me from going after Obama with a lawsuit because contrary to whatever you might think he did it too and he did it first. Now two wrongs dont make a right, you must understand that. But I dont think its okay to say its Trumps fault when its clearly obamas.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Knowing about it and having access to it aren't the same thing.

They weren't allowed access. But the Russian Press was allowed access. Seems strange being that we're the ones who are supposed to have access to our own president and all.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

I'm not trying to stop you from doing anything. That's my point.

Go do what you have to do. I'll do the same.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Good lord..
One moment everyone is crying that Trump is going to start WWIII with Russia when he drops ordinance
Then he is being diplomatic and everyone loses it?

What do you want from the man?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Just like my Blue Bunny stock.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join