It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood fearing worst box office summer in a decade

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Missmissie173

Though, preying on ignorance is still absolutely rampant in the home theater and audio industries. I doubt that'll change..

It can...you understand the technology. Write it, shoot it and join us in the great marketing search at the pitch fests.

fadeinonline.com...

scriptfest.com...

sceneplay.net...

We are in a new media renaissance. Fantastic platforms, great new 4k tech and editing suites, plenty of money available for good stories.

We have 24 shows needing writers, crew, cast and office people for the Lifetime channel....join us!!!
edit on 12-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I live in LA, actually I might be interested in joining up one day. I have ideas that might be useful and original.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I live in LA, actually I might be interested in joining up one day. I have ideas that might be useful and original.

You should be able to go to work tomorrow as a PA, background actor, or other crew. Have a drivers license? LA shows are crying for background drivers. I just auditioned in LA for the Coen bros. I love LA!!

crewscontrol.com...

staffmeup.com...

www.findfilmwork.com...

Good luck!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, truly, but I'm not sure if it would be the right fit for me. I'm trying to work on so many damn things, and my health is a massive obstacle.

I'm just not sure I could get anything else in, but I'm sure there are others on here that could bite. Honestly, it might not even be a bad idea to start a thread. I think this stuff is pretty cool through the entire line, from scripts and casting to the home theater.

I agree that we are in a Renaissance and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what comes from it!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Let's hope the Hollyweird old guard don't try to shut down the Renaissance.

Right now many of them are way past their prime and they need to go.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Serdgiam

Let's hope the Hollyweird old guard don't try to shut down the Renaissance.

Right now many of them are way past their prime and they need to go.

Hollywood and the big studios are all about CGI now. Good stories, narrative dramas with pretty people will always be in demand. Cable eats content but Streaming like Roku is the future.

Write a few short scrips or commercials and send them out. You might be suprised!!!

Technology has changed everything. I just wrapped on a show, sold to netflix and they used a camera you can get at Best Buy.

Something to consider...."Paranormal Activity" was shot by a bunch of friends for 14,000 usd. The first week it grossed 72 million. From an extreme hhype on social media.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

why should we write and produce the things we want to see, we have real jobs, it`s easier for us to just not pay to see the crap Hollywood is putting out.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

the Asians and europeans still seem willing to pay to see that crap that Hollywood is putting out,at least for now Hollywood will still make some money off of those suckers.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Because making it in Hollywood is easy if you just try....lol

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I have a story to tell.

Its about an American in a world that hates americans.

Its set in the futer when the world is a devastated mass of destruction and smoke.

But are American comes along and he kicks some american-hating butt and the world gets it act together again then thanks America for being so awsesome.

I think the role would suit Burce Willis.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

I have a story to tell.

Its set in the futer when the world is a devastated mass of destruction and smoke.

But are American comes along and he kicks some american-hating butt and the world gets it act together again then thanks America for being so awsesome.

Write it...

Use this....www.finaldraft.com... after you finish, u2u me about production.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have thought of making a autobiographical movie of my life, not because I`ve done anything famous but because of all the unexpected plot twists, the action, adventure, the terror, the happiness, the sadness, nobody would ever be able to predict what would happen next in the movie.
just an ordinary guy caught up in a lot of extra ordinary situations.
it`s too easy to predict what will happen next in a movie because we`ve seen it all before and that makes movies boring.

edit on 12-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No one makes good movies anymore. Even the last Bourne movie sucked. Can't think of the last good movie I've seen. Maybe The Hobbit series. That and Lord of the Rings were great.

No one even makes good comedies anymore.

Then you get to the movie theaters. Nowadays people have no common courtesy or manners, so in a theater you get people talking on their cell phones, talking to each other, chewing popcorn like a starving cow who hasn't seen food in a month.

Add the the above that during the election, countless actors made themselves look like complete fools with their political insanity. I'll never look at a clown like Robert DeNiro the same again. I won't watch his movies.

Hollywood like the far left have lost their collective minds.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

That movie sucks too.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

the Asians and europeans still seem willing to pay to see that crap that Hollywood is putting out,at least for now Hollywood will still make some money off of those suckers.

Not just hollywood crap but indy crap as well.

I work for a writer/director from florida that shoots the same slasher movie over and over with a different cast, different location with plenty of T&A and straight to DVD for the European, Asian, Indian market. 6 films a year. They love American T&A!!!

10k software that will translate English into any language you want....technology!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I think we live technology all day at work, school, communications, etc. Nothing entertaining about it in the movies. Go figure. The young ones feel the same. You can make the same damn stuff they show at the movies on your iPhone.

Another dying industry.

Correct, everyone should and can make their own movies for utube, vimeo or any other www. platforms.

But I wouldn't exactly call an industry that makes 4 billion in a season as dying. I'm real happy to get my little slice of that 4 bil. pie. I give thanks to the creator every damn day.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I'm a Roku person. Haven't been to a movie theatre in years. I refuse to pay the high prices for junk movies.

Even still-I fall asleep during the first 30 minutes of cloned boring movies at home.

Usually just watch independent films because of their non-slick authenticity. I am so sick of over-produced, wet nighttime streets, overpaid-"actors" (over-used actors-not believable because they make too many movies) and total lack of creativity or complete over the top unrealistic drama.

Throw in the craziness of media attention the entire entertainment industry receives and I have just about total burn-out. (Not to mention who in the world cares about their opinions in politics, the environment etc.)

I wrote movie reviews for my college newspaper many years ago-and still am an old movie buff-so I still just live in "Casablanca" these days.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It seems like the post modern dilemma, "it's all been done before", but I like what another poster said about how they should just remake bad movies because they ruin good movies with sequels today.

Even if there isn't any new material left under the sun, they could take complete crap movies and make them into great cinema if they were interested in the art. For an example, one of the worst movies I've ever seen (that was memorably bad) IMO is "Omega Cop" released in 1990 and unbelievably enough, they actually made a sequel of that, don't know if it got released though.

Wikipedia

Using that movie as an example, the story idea, a massive solar event kills off most people and threatens survivors, was good if the story was written better. The main character was pretty good too, the last cop alive trying to keep order in an end of the world scenario, but the actor (Ron Marchini) completely sucked. In fact, except for Adam West, all the acting sucked the big one. Adam West and Stuart Whitman played bit parts, but it didn't help this movie much.

Making a great movie is a complicated deal that needs the right mix of story, writers, directors, actors, etc. Maybe if they lose on the crap movies too much, they will seriously put together a production team that makes some epic movies. Note: Production doesn't mean over produced or over digitized, just good solid movie production from the bottom up.
edit on 13-5-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added extra comments

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

I have a story to tell.

There are thousands of these from the seventies and eighties. Great viewing if you are wasted but i dont think we really need to go back there.

Unless Burce is involved, but Cuhck would be even better

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hollywood needs to stop being so PC. Almost every show I watch I see them making jabs at Trump and alienating anyone who is not a diehard liberal.

www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join