It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey replacements: White House confirms shortlist to head FBI

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

If Trey Gowdy is nominated then Trump trying to interfere with a federal investigation is all but confirmed. Why you'd think a Senator would know how to properly run the FBI is beyond me. But that's par the course with Trump. Nominate the least qualified person for the job while his supporters cheer blindly.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I'm all for whomever President Trump and A.G. Jeff Sessions feels will work with them the best to get the bad guys and pantsuit gang.

Since Democrats will be against this nominee, use the "nuclear option" again for confirmation.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Honestly, I just want whoever has the most experience in the FBI. Somebody loyal to the law and not Trump or Hillary.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump threatened Comey in a tweet....Trump just screwed the pooch....! You just don't ***k with the cops.

Yea yea yea, you have been singing that same tune since day one and Trump is still here.

Oh and nice try with the whole working with the gop lie.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Qualified for the position should be the main selection point. Doubt it will be it though.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Pretty much guarantee that whoever gets nominated will have to sign a blood oath to Trump and kneel before him to kiss his ring.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

And kiss his tiny, tiny hand *shudder*

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I sure as hell hope it's not Gowdy. He has proven to be a political grandstander and has shown that he is willing to politicize the interpretation of law.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
And what do you think Trump is looking for in an FBI director?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Qualified for the position should be the main selection point. Doubt it will be it though.

Good!

Elections have consequences.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Friends in contacts in the Swamp ... er, beltway ... There's your problem.

Haven't you learned yet that they're all on the same side and it ain't ours?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My information didn't come from the leftwing media. I worked for the GOP during campaign and still have many friends and contacts in the beltway. It's common knowledge what is happening in the WH by the RNC. I'm just telling you what they tell me....

Common knowledge? It is also common knowledge Trump is not and never was the RNC choice in a long run. I would bet his in-house issues are the same as every past administration. I'm sure when Obama told his staff he is the smartest person in the room and he could do all their jobs better than they could didn't go over well either, but then it seems others never got slammed by both the left and the right long before they even entered into office.

edit on 12-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Is Fox Mulder available?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nominate the least qualified person for the job

Let's compare shall we?

Here's Comey:

Comey graduated from the College of William and Mary in 1982, majoring in chemistry and religion. His senior thesis analyzed the liberal theologian Reinhold Niebuhr and the conservative televangelist Jerry Falwell, emphasizing their common belief in public action.[20] He received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Chicago Law School in 1985.

wiki

Here's Gowdy:

Gowdy graduated from Spartanburg High School in 1982, earned a B.A. in history from Baylor University in 1986, and earned a J.D. degree from the University of South Carolina in 1989.

wiki

Look pretty similar to me.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

I'm not sure, of course. He probably wants a yes-man in the position. Which is scary.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I'm not sure, of course. He probably wants a yes-man in the position. Which is scary.

I think Trump has greatly underestimated the Patriotism of the rank and file FBI people. It doesn't really matter who Trump selects.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: introvert

I think Trump has greatly underestimated the Patriotism of the rank and file FBI people. It doesn't really matter who Trump selects.

I have no doubt that the men and women within the FBI will do their jobs, but I hope Trump chooses someone qualified and devoted to carrying-out their job in a nonpartisan manner.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Trey gowdy I'd hope

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Personally I would like to see Alice Fisher be the pick. I don't think you'd have a problem with her being part of "The Old Boys" club. She has already been on the side of fighting crime and does have a history of trying to root out public corruption at all levels of government.

Not to mention if you really want someone to go after Hillary, if that's your thing, better to let a woman do it. Talk about a cat fight that would be.

She's not too young and not to old. While she hasn't been involved with the FBI she has been with the Justice Department. The Democrats don't like her, another bonus for those that might care about that. Personally I think it is only because they know she is tenacious once she is on a case and probably can't be bought off.

She is a woman and we all know women always have to try and go the extra mile to prove they can do it. Plus there is a different perspective on how to go about things.

These things I tossed out here barely scratch the surface of her capabilities, I know this, but still I do believe this woman would create a lot of waves and would get er done and again I'll mention Hillary would probably finally feel the heat. We all know how things go when one woman is after another....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join