It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey replacements: White House confirms shortlist to head FBI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So, I just came across this story that shows the White House short list for new FBI Director. I'm curious who the folks of ATS would like off this list.. Personally, I would love to see Trey Gowdy as the new acting FBI Director, so I'm happy to see his name on this list..

Who would you like to see?

According to the White House official, the candidates include:

Ray Kelly, the former and longest-serving New York City police commissioner
Mike Rogers, former House Intelligence Committee chairman and former FBI agent
Former Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher
Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.
Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas
Paul Abbate, executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch
Associate Judge of New York Court of Appeals Mike Garcia
Mayor of Colorado Springs John Suthers
Former federal appellate court Judge Michael Luttig, now executive vice president of Boeing
Larry Thompson, former deputy attorney general under President George W. Bush
Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe
Article

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Trey Gowdy would be perfect and my pick. The others on the list look like duds. I guess i get my wish.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Trey Gowdy would be perfect and my pick. The others on the list look like duds. I guess i get my wish.

Gowdy as FBI Director would be something else... I couldn't see anyone trying to get away with much under his watch..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Who would want that job after what happened to Comey?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Gowdy as FBI Director would be something else... I couldn't see anyone trying to get away with much under his watch..

Well he was the only one who managed to impress me during the Comey hearings. He was the only one who asked the right questions and was genuinely interested in the truth.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Ray Kelly would fit nicely with this administrations level of obnoxiousness.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Comey flip flopped too much and got way too political over just doing his job..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
After what happened to Comey, I don't think Trump wants a FBI director, he want's a shill to promote and protect his BS.

Loyalty....?

Trump threatened Comey in a tweet....Trump just screwed the pooch....! You just don't ***k with the cops.

No matter who Trump appoints, the rank and file have a data base full of Trumps connection to the Ruskies.

That's why Comey was fired.
edit on 12-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

After what happened to Comey, I don't think Trump wants a FBI director, he want's a shill to promote and protect his BS.

Loyalty....?

Trump threatened Comey in a tweet....Trump just screwed the pooch....! You just don't ***k with the cops.

Similar to what Hillary and Obama had with Loretta Lynch and the other department heads? I think its reasonable to put people in positions that you're able to work with, verse always working against you.. it makes sense to me, but I'm sure it will be spun in a way that makes Trump look bad.. We have checks and balances for a reason and three branches of government, if Trump wants "his" people in these key positions he should be allowed to

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Gowdy would get sh# done. Heads would roll.

He's my pick (like it matters)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Loyalty....?

No matter who Trump appoints, the rank and file have a data base full of Trumps connection to the Ruskies.

Did you think the same thing about Obamas pick?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No matter who Trump appoints, his WH is in total chaos, leaking like hell and the GOP now see's how crazy Trump has become.

This is the most fun I've had in years.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Loyalty....?

Did you think the same thing about Obamas pick?

Who cares about Obama, he's gone. This thread is about Trump....try and keep up

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Comey flip flopped too much and got way too political over just doing his job..

He also stepped outside his boundaries in being the decision maker that seemed to have political implications on both sides of the aisle when the decision should have been much more black and white based on the law. He takes heat for the whole email event as he got very vocal without willing to take the case past his vocalization of it, so why even say anything in the first place, and then it seems he is trying to placate the left with a good amount of vocalization about a Russia influencing the election investigation when there isn't much to go on still. As much of these cases go, if they don't have enough now there just isn't anything to it.

edit on 12-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No matter who Trump appoints, his WH is in total chaos, leaking like hell and the GOP now see's how crazy Trump has become.

Well at least that is what the media wants us to believe and what the left prays for...lol I love the huge up roar from the left in the recent past to remove him, and now the huge up roar from them over his removal. Nothing can be simple it seems in the media too since simple is boring. It just can't be that Trump has finally lost all faith in him from internal communications, now could it....

edit on 12-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well at least that is what the media wants us to believe and what the left prays for...lol I love the huge up roar from the left in the recent past to remove him, and now the huge up roar from them over his removal. Nothing can be simple it seems in the media too since simple is boring. It just can't be that Trump has finally lost all faith in him from internal communications, now could it....

My information didn't come from the leftwing media. I worked for the GOP during campaign and still have many friends and contacts in the beltway. It's common knowledge what is happening in the WH by the RNC. I'm just telling you what they tell me....
edit on 12-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Gowdy

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I would love to see Sheriff David Clarke on that list.

He's a true badass and does not suffer fools gladly.

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Pretty soon he's going to start setting people on fire until Sir Jamie punches him in the dick. I wonder if the Iron Bank of Bravos will come collect payment for all their help.

Oh wait, we're watching The Apprentice, not Game of Thrones. Easy mistake, lately.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join