It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
15 new studies...I had to laugh right there. Look at the dates for most of them. Wow I wonder where the money came from to fund and push through all of those official studies during that stretch of time? Cough...cough.

How distgustingly convenient!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Have you heard of "Body Integrity Identity Disorder"?

nypost.com...

It's a condition that motivates a person to cut off a healthy limb, and make them self an amputee. It would be really hard to question the sincerity of their feelings, given the terrible sacrifice they make.

And who am I to tell them they can't cut off their own limb if they want to? Who else are they hurting?

Anyway, I don't disagree that probably trans-gender people have a similar disorder. But so what? Let them have it, and let them do whatever will help them be happy.

These kinds of disorders usually aren't curable. But they are treatable, or at least it is possible to make the victim of the disorder comfortable. Any pain you want them to suffer to satisfy your own ideals is.... well..... it would be pretty narcissistic to expect them to suffer for your pride.

For a significant number it is impossible.

What they crave is social acceptance, and that will not be guaranteed to all with current technology.

WtM fare quite well, as there is no stigma against androgynous men.

MtF started before puberty also gets significant level of acceptance from society.

But MtF after puberty especially the more masculine ones, even with extensive surgery will most in all likelihood remain masculine looking. And there is a social stigma to masculine women, which will deny them acceptance.

It is the same with the fat pride movement, and beautiful at any size. It ain't happening. Most men won't accept morbid obesity no matter how you slice that bread.

As for social acceptance if someone looks feminine enough it will be given. But there are some individuals for whom nothing will suffice, not brain transplants into a female body not even reincarnation and being born with a female body, it will not allow them to be accepted by them. They must accept that even though most of society will accept them, there will always be some that will not.

edit on 10-8-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Craving social acceptance is pretty much universal to everyone. It's sort of like craving being a billionaire.

Yes. We do all crave it. Some go to greater lengths than others to get it. Not all who put in the greater effort necessarily are able to claim their prize. Some get the prize laid at their feet basically for free (or at least appear to.)

Certain parts of our identity are simply cards that are dealt to us. As a teenager I wanted my hair to be straight so I could comb it into straight lines, which to me looked neat. But, alas! My hair curls a lot. When I came to terms with it, I discovered that actually quite a lot of ladies around me were enticed by that. I got my social acceptance. Gave up on being able to comb my hair into anything, and now I just don't bother trying to comb it at all.

Sometimes the problem may be that you're seeking acceptance with the wrong group. Fat girls are not widely accepted among college frat boys. But they are not totally without acceptance anywhere. Angela Merkel isn't exactly super model skinny, but she's Chancellor of Germany.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Nobody is accepted by everyone.

You have to be content being accepted by someone.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Uni of W.A. shuts down a speech by a endocrinologist - bullied by protesters then claims the organizers didn't submit a risk assessment

www.news.com.au...

Protests scupper transgender sceptic talk Organisers say free speech has been shut down after a US professor who says transgender people have "a delusional disorder" has had his Perth talk cancelled.

Protesters have forced a sold-out university talk by a controversial US transgender "sceptic" to be cancelled because of safety fears, with opponents labelling his commentary "hate speech".

The University of Western Australia cancelled the event hours before pediatric endocrinologist Quentin Van Meter was due to deliver his speech after being advised the safety risk "has been elevated to a higher level".

Dr Van Meter was due to end his national tour organised by The Australian Family Association in Perth on Friday night.

"We think it's disturbing - another example of shutting down free speech," Australian Family Association national vice president Terri Kelleher told AAP.

"To shut down an event is meaningless, to not engage in points of view.

"We understand fully that people have different opinions but he is very willing to engage in dialogue. All of the pros and cons have to be aired."

UWA said the organisers didn't meet a deadline to provide a risk assessment and detailed event management plan that addressed safety concerns and met venue hire conditions.

Ms Kelleher rejected that claim, saying the organisation had lodged the required security documents.

Ms Kelleher said the Sydney and Canberra events went smoothly and transgender audience members took part in calm debate with Dr Van Meter, but his speech in Melbourne was marred by about 70 vocal protesters.

"Spending two hours outside the event, blaring on their loudspeakers and chanting. I mean, it's just mindless," she said.

"That's not engaging with the issue."

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join