It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EO on the Establishment of Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
President Trump has ordered the creation of an Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. This is great news!

The real voter fraud in this country does not come from other countries, it comes from within. I hope we finally get some action on fraudulent voter registrations, etc.

This EO repeatedly mentions "the American people's confidence in the integrity of the voting processes used in Federal elections", and shows effort to restore that confidence.

Section 1. Establishment. The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity (Commission) is hereby established.

Sec. 2. Membership. The Vice President shall chair the Commission, which shall be composed of not more than 15 additional members. The President shall appoint the additional members, who shall include individuals with knowledge and experience in elections, election management, election fraud detection, and voter integrity efforts, and any other individuals with knowledge or experience that the President determines to be of value to the Commission. The Vice President may select a Vice Chair of the Commission from among the members appointed by the President.

Sec. 3. Mission. The Commission shall, consistent with applicable law, study the registration and voting processes used in Federal elections. The Commission shall be solely advisory and shall submit a report to the President that identifies the following:

(a) those laws, rules, policies, activities, strategies, and practices that enhance the American people's confidence in the integrity of the voting processes used in Federal elections;

(b) those laws, rules, policies, activities, strategies, and practices that undermine the American people's confidence in the integrity of the voting processes used in Federal elections; and

(c) those vulnerabilities in voting systems and practices used for Federal elections that could lead to improper voter registrations and improper voting, including fraudulent voter registrations and fraudulent voting.

Presidential Executive Order on the Establishment of Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It is great news. I hope they start by looking at my state, California. We have a lot of (b) and (c) around here.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Timely, and very important!

I'm expecting hysterics from the media, and the
"Progressives", if they can find a spare breath from
Muh Russians!

edit on 11-5-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Is about time, I am sure California is going to call this one racist, because it will scrutinize the immigrants that vote and will tell that this will stop them from voting.

They will never admit that those that have no right to vote in the US should never be allowed to vote to begin with.

Bring it on.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Excellent. Except that they probably won't follow the evidence... which is for the shady gerrymandering of districts. Instead they will waste a bunch of time and money trying to keep Trumps ego intact for losing the popular vote.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I do wonder what folks will strongly oppose any restrictions in the voting process but would be the first to come to the table on more firearm restrictions/laws.

This is the slippery slope we find ourselves in when you start playing with the constitution.

While I do wish there is a solution to any and all would be and actual voter fraud, broad strokes of an authoritarian brush will not help anyone in the end.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

As it turns out, that popular vote....not so popular.

As it matters anyway unless you want to correlate it with media manipulation.
edit on 11-5-2017 by JinMI because: word redundancy!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Popular enough to get Trumps panties in a bunch. I'd be bummed if I lost the popular vote to Hillary too, but not so bummed that I wanted to waste millions of taxpayer dollars on it.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Perhaps. Also, keeping attention on it makes anyone including the media look foolish. What you will find and IMO is worth spending taxpayer dollars on it is that there was indeed voter fraud.

A quick google search revealed the top stories with similar headings: Despite little evidence.....

That means evidence exists. The word little is subjective.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

A voter ID law would go a long way to preventing fraud.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So why did the great Messiah Obama never introduced a EO like this?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

A voter ID law would go a long way to preventing fraud.

I don't disagree.

You need an ID for everything else. Rights erosion in action.
Papers...please.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Voter fraud is almost a non issue. That said, I see no problem with most of the solutions proposed for this. ID's to vote for example.

Voter fraud isn't how you win an election though, election fraud is how you win an election, and that has more to do with changing vote counts than having more people fill out ballots. The problem is that most people confuse election fraud with voter fraud, and think some simple measures to fix one will fix the other.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Excellent. Except that they probably won't follow the evidence... which is for the shady gerrymandering of districts. Instead they will waste a bunch of time and money trying to keep Trumps ego intact for losing the popular vote.

Is it that shady though? I can see the argument, but on the other hand the district gets drawn according to partisian lines, that means more people will get the representative they want.

From a pure republic or pure democracy standpoint gerrymandering is horrible, but it does have actual value beyond jockeying for votes.

This is one where I'm split. Like most things, I think the answer lies in the middle. But I don't know how far in one direction vs the other.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Interesting.

Admittedly, I would count myself as one of those.

Perhaps a thread is in order.

ETA: Did a little research and educated muhself!

The EO, has the terms correctly used. They are doing, what seems to me, like the correct prioritization of elements.
edit on 11-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Federal judge in Hawaii going to call this EO racist in 3. . . .2. . . .

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Interesting.

Admittedly, I would count myself as one of those.

Perhaps a thread is in order.

I don't have time for a full thread right now. I outlined a 100% secure and anonymous voting system a couple years ago, it's in the social issues forum, just search for posts with my name (I think it's in the first 10).

The main difference though is that voter fraud is when the voter itself, the person casting the ballot votes fradulently. When I was younger and stupid I actually did this because I wanted some first hand experience with how effective it was. For the record, I voted for Ron Paul twice. What I found is that voter fraud basically requires a moderate degree of social engineering, and a talent to lie. I made my first vote early in the day with no problems. I went to the same precinct later in the afternoon for the second vote. Read a name from a paper that hadn't yet voted, and played up the forgot my id sob story (Ohio, we have ID laws), and after signing a form saying I am who I claim I am, they let me vote again. The end result is that it took me about 5 hours to cast 2 votes. If you can build some efficiencies into that, I don't see how a potetial fradulent voter can vote more than 3-4 times (easier in big cities, but travel is also a factor).

Fraud like this though is a low number. While I'm sure it's happening at a rate higher than it's being prosecuted, it's just a very minor issue. That said, there are some very simple fixes to this like ID, that cost nearly nothing and would solve it. So we might as well do that and spare feelings.

The problem is election fraud. While people casting votes participate in the process, the code which counts our votes is locked up in trade secrets, fully of numerous secret unpatched security holes, and easy to manipulate. How much this happens is up for debate, but the system in place guarantees it happens. It's very hard to detect too because it means the government has to dig into corporate practices just to ensure everything is good. It's a mess.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I didn't mean for my post to put anything on you, sorry if it came across that way. I meant for myself to perhaps do a thread and to further educate myself on the matter.

I do appreciate you taking the time however and I will go look for your thread.

My understanding wasn't too far off the mark. The wording however matters. Especially in things like...EO's!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yup, if the dems didn't block voter ID at every turn, all them damn illegal russians couldn't have voted for Trump!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Democrats wouldnt care about Vote ID if the GOP didnt inact policies that make it harder for citizens to get IDs while they were at it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join