It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XLH 1200

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My first go at stream of consciousness as a whole thing. I've done bits before, but this is the first time I set out to do a single piece in that style.

XLH 1200
Not much of a name, not like the other name, that one that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, makes some people envious, some see you as a bad, mad man and still others as a fool who bought the media hype. Harley Davidson. There, now you know. Now you picture it, paint and chrome and hot hot metal, roaring thunder. Smug bastard sat back, feet up, looking down on the rest. The cowboy, the guy in the Marlboro adverts, The one with the tatts and the arms thick from lifting stuff other people don't. The girl on the back, tight jeans, long hair and the attitude that scares people off unless they are the Marlboro man, riding that iron horse, that one named Harley.

The bends in the road, that slow you down are just the rhythm of the ride, like the smells of the fields and the black murder of diesel on the road. Hot and cold and wet and dry, wind rush roaring wind the throttle on to hear it bellow like the big beast, outta the way. Headlight blazing like a muzzle flash, shooting past between the static lines of metal cages with the dead inside, too scared made resentful by their fear.

Spat out at the end like you just been born, hurtling into the world screaming roaring laughing knowing. Away from the grind from the ground down meat of dead dreams and failed expectations. Heavy metal soundtrack of overdriven guitars and whiskey glasses, bass drums beating like a heartbeat. Dark bars, bright lights, loud tunes and raucous, understanding laughter. Torn jeans, black boots and heavy, heavy leather on your shoulders. Holding down around you, real as an arm around your shoulders, fits so well, and feels so right and only comes with years and seasons, hot and cold and rain and sun and the scream of tortured, sparking metal grinding down the road when it all goes wrong. You live you grow you die you're done. Just like this.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm exactly the opposite of yiu- I have experimented with going outside of stream of consciousness writing haha. I think you've done a wonderful job here- I really feel like some part of me has expanded to consider something I never had before, a most wonderful feeling.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Thanks for those kind words

It's a style I have toyed with in my head for a while now, but wasn't totally sure how to go about it. A bit of reading and I just wanted to have a go.

I guess its an exploration

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah that's all you can do is just go, haha! Ride the wave one word, one letter at a time! It's not always easy but for me it's a matter if feeling and listening which I have a hard time doing so it's valuable practice and the results are usually geared towards my percieved plights anyways lol.

It's such a treat, stream of consciousness, to find each new word already in place and waiting/begging to be out in line.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I like that last line, sort of sums it up for me

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Hold onto your pirate hat as you ride that Harley haha​! Mines glued on

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'm torn between a pirate hat and a cowboy one.

A sort of diabolical cross between Jack Rackham and Billy The Kid ....Though I suspect as the years go on I am more Mister Smee and Hoss Cartwright

new topics

top topics

join