It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor: “Some White People May Have to Die” to Solve Racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This is a good quote, "Lookit racism is an idea, one cannot kill an idea with bullets, with education and better ideas yeah we have a better chance of killing it."

Many people think education makes you stupid. I would love for this to be a conversation about ideas. Instead it's always about attacking people and stupid things they've said. Lot's of people say stupid stuff. Lot's of people behave badly. Stuff people say and do are not who a person is. People are not their behaviors. People are not the stuff they say. If people embraced education positively then would could talk about bad stuff people say and do to try to come up with acceptable social behavior by both sides.

But it's so much fun just to flame each other with labels!!!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I confess as a non white person I once bought into the idea of white privilege because its actually easy for me and many others to fall for it. In LA the ones with the most wealth tend to be whites and a lot of us resent them. Many of them in Beverly Hills are very racist toward minorities.

I only stopped believing it after seeing that it only makes things worse by pitting minorities against working class whites and that wealthy white liberals racists are the problem

White Privilege tend to mean White Liberal Privilege.

In fact it took a while to realize that I have more in common with working class and conservative whites though I am not a conservative and don't always agree with some of their views.

edit on 5/11/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Abysha

Please do articulate for us how the jist of this statement is out of "context":

“When we have this conversation about violence, or killing white people, it has to be looked at in the context of historical turn,” said Curry . “And the fact that we’ve had no one address, like how relevant and how solidified this kind of tradition is, for black people saying look, in order to be equal, in order to be liberated, some white people may have to die.”

I'll bite. It's talking about the need for discussion why some black people feel that way - in no way is that advocating killing anyone and if you have any level of intelligence you would actually see that.

Can we just agree with millions of black people there are going to be a few nut cases. I'm sure you could find some white people who would claim the only solution is the final solution.

I think the professor - in the very text quoted in the OP - has suggested exactly that and the conversation needs to be about why they feel the need to have that view.

Oh, historically there have been a lot of white people in favour of all sorts of final solutions.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Bring it!

I will take as mu h Ghetto trash down with me as I can!

Do 600lb wefarw queen count as 2 ?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The elite promulgate the idea of a race war as yet another distraction, because what we really need is a class war.

Wealth inequality is a far greater instigator of suffering than race inequality. It's easier to get us to focus on race because we see this every day, while much of what the Elite do to harm us is subtle or so ubiquitous that it is hidden in plain sight. Race now, that's easy and primal. It's part of our every day lives and taps into the inherent fear of The Other that is such a driver for human behavior. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Nice fact checking you did there, Teach.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think we've been hearing that since... emancipation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Honestly, i would ignore anything a philosophy professor at an engineering school has to say.

I love A&M. The most capable people I know graduated from Texas A&M (if they graduated from a Texas school, anyway)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Haha you know in the mud-pit member's that speak for the left leaning ideologies will argue until they wear the the keys off of the keyboards on issues like this one. They say that those people don't rep the left as a whole. Maybe someone should tell that to this professor.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Bring it!

I will take as mu h Ghetto trash down with me as I can!

Do 600lb wefarw queen count as 2 ?

And you're a teacher?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWater

Haha you know in the mud-pit member's that speak for the left leaning ideologies will argue until they wear the the keys off of the keyboards on issues like this one. They say that those people don't rep the left as a whole. Maybe someone should tell that to this professor.

It's even funnier how some people react without reading the actual OP and comprehending what it actually says. Would that then be those with right leaning ideologies, the stupid, or a mixture of both?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

The elite promulgate the idea of a race war as yet another distraction, because what we really need is a class war.

Wealth inequality is a far greater instigator of suffering than race inequality. It's easier to get us to focus on race because we see this every day, while much of what the Elite do to harm us is subtle or so ubiquitous that it is hidden in plain sight. Race now, that's easy and primal. It's part of our every day lives and taps into the inherent fear of The Other that is such a driver for human behavior. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book.

True, and its extremely profitable for the elites.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This dude is the polar opposite of Richard Spencer.

People don't believe that racism is still around, oh, it's alive and kickin'.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Racism will never be "solved".

As long as there are people, there will be racism.

People differentiate. It's what they do.

The human animal is far away from being a pure, enlightened being. We are small animals with the ability to make tools.

We really need to get over ourselves.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
This dude is the polar opposite of Richard Spencer.

People don't believe that racism is still around, oh, it's alive and kickin'.

Yes it is, this thread is littered with it.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: carewemust
These "intelligent" Black people wanted to lynch U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVoes today when she was addressing their college graduation ceremony.

www.foxnews.com...

Future leaders of America...(sigh). Disgusting, isn't it?

Yes. It was disgusting that she didn't have the basic education to know that historically black colleges were not there as poster children of black educational choices.

If she doesn't realize those schools were there because they had to be and if you're too tone def to understand why... then that's just right on par with you putting "intelligent" in quotes right before "black people".

Starting to hate this #ing site.

So, because something bad happened to my great great great Grand Daddy, I can boo Betsy DeVos next time she's in town? The lack of respect was appalling. The college invited her.

Don't those dull-minded graduates realize that employers don't HAVE to hire them after they graduate? That particular college would be on my list to AVOID...either sending my children to, or hiring graduates from. U.C. Berkeley would be another.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Actually It will be solved one day- At some point in the distant future we will all be the same color/race which I think is the point of Human maturity.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Actually It will be solved one day- At some point in the distant future we will all be the same color/race which I think is the point of Human maturity.

Nah.

Then we'll just crap on people with different eye color, nose shape, height. . . etc.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

is your point that man will always find something to hate ?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Sounds like really #ty science.

How come we didn't start out like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join