It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which 'theme' (Dark/Light background) do you use on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just an idle question.
Was just wondering, while I was messing with my avy and backgrounds and colors and visual scheme...... switching back and forth. It would be interesting to me to connect which regulars or guests use which.....how many use the black/grey theme, and how many use the white/blue style. I stay on the Dark background. Always. Occasionally when I'm just incognito I'll try the white background, but it's just not comfortable for me.

So --- which are you all gazing at?

I prefer the dark desktop.

edit on 5/9/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Dark background. It's much easier on my stupidly sensitive eyes.
Like sometimes I feel the need to wear my prescription sunglasses because the moonlight is bothering me, stupidly sensitive.

-Alee

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I prefer the dark background and use it all the time.*

*my 7000th post...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Dark, always.
I didn't know there was an option to change it until a year or two ago...
It's easier on the eyes.

link   
Dark.

The white one is way too bright.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

link   
Dude, you just posted what I was thinking.

Frikin' jinx lol!

Dark is my choice, the white feels like it's melting my retnas at night...

Then I'm too lazy to switch it for the day.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dark. Just easier on the eyes.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I never 'stepped into the light' and never will. One of the dumbest features they rolled out.

There are ways to make this site appear more mainstream and accessible without the raging white sun in my eyes.

I prefer my ATS to look dank and gritty.

edit on 9-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dark works better for me as I read at night a lot.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dark background always. Much like NerdGoddess, my eyes are very light sensitive. My doctor told me that this is fairly common among people with green or blue eyes... mine are greenies...

The upside to this, is that I have excellent night vision. The downside is not being able to go outside during the day without sunglasses... even overcast days...

I wish all of the websites that I peruse had this feature...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was going to post this last week and didn't figuring it had been done already. Darkness baby!!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I use my own themes. The one I'm rocking at the moment has a diamond plate, parallax scrolling background and is pretty dark. I also only display the features and links that I actually use and I've rearranged some of the remaining features to where they make more sense from a user's perspective.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I like the black on grey only because it's what I have been use to since I joined. The white version bothers my eyes.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I use my own themes. The one I'm rocking at the moment has a diamond plate, parallax scrolling background and is pretty dark. I also only display the features and links that I actually use and I've rearranged some of the remaining features to where they make more sense from a user's perspective.

that's intense, dude.

anyway, to EVERYONE who has posted, thanks! It's interesting. It is far more comfortable for me to use the dark option as well. How many people craft avatars to go on the white background, I wonder?

Every time I've asked for help with an avy (BFFT & Co.) I've always viewed them within the dark background.

So, have you checked what your avatar looks like on the opposite background?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Dark. Letters stand out better.

All methods of accessing ATS!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
oh, and, fwiw, I have blue eyes. I'm a ginger. I've always wondered how we know whether the color we actually see and call yellow is the same color the other person sees when they call something yellow.

Can we really know? No. We can never be totally sure that what we are seeing does OR DOES NOT appear to be different to someone else.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Do you or anyone have a link for the avatar creation thread?

I've been thinking of changing mine but couldn't remember who did this one. They either aren't a member anymore or don a different username.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Dark. Like my soul.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I use dark. I'm a ginger and have super sensitive pupils.
all things for my comfort.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Dark.

My entire computer is darkened. Everything I can change to black/charcoal i change. the high contrast is what i like the most...easy on the eyes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join