It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know about this alleged pyramid that was once in France?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sorry, can't get a good image to paste, but the info is on this website. Allegedly it is ancient and was destroyed to make a motorway.

earth-chronicles.com...

There is a LOT of pyramid fraud out there. This looks to be suspiciously like a terraced hill, and I cannot find another single source on it. Still, I figured if anyone knows anything about it, it would be someone on here.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cachibatches

Don't know about France, but there was/is one in Rome., from Roman times.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if pyramids and such popped up in France, or just about anywhere in Europe, especially where Rome had contacts, it is said that Notre Dame was built over the site of an Isis temple.. But that needs looking into.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Nice article. Don't know about the terraced hill. But speaking of French (and Chinese!) Pyramids:

I. M. Pei's Glass and Steel Pyramid at the Louvre

I found what appeared to be a tiny, red sandstone pyramid in my backyard once. The structure extended about 400% of the visible height under the ground. But after tedious excavation it turned out to be a fragment of discarded brick.

I've seen crumbling pyramids at the beach, too. Why would previous humans go to so much trouble, using nothing but random pieces of broken sand fencing for construction tools, to build pyramids on beaches? It is a complete mystery that requires a theory of outside alien intervention in human behavior.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Namdru because: human behavior is a complete mystery

edit on 9-5-2017 by Namdru because: But what about the Louvre?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Hmm, not sure what to make of those pictures. The ones at the top simply look like terracing for farming. Bear in mind it was also in hill fort country, which is another possibility. Which is not to say it isn't a pyramid, just that it could easily be other things also.

The picture a bit further down that looks pyramidy (made out of brick), also looks like remnants of a medieval keep - again, not necessarily a pyramid.

Interesting nontheless though and thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Silbury Hill in England has a similar basic shape, though the sides are smooth, not terraced. Nobody understands that one either.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cachibatches
Sorry, can't get a good image to paste, but the info is on this website. Allegedly it is ancient and was destroyed to make a motorway.

earth-chronicles.com...

There is a LOT of pyramid fraud out there. This looks to be suspiciously like a terraced hill, and I cannot find another single source on it. Still, I figured if anyone knows anything about it, it would be someone on here.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe more pyramids were known in France than we actually know about. I mean they did put a giant one at the Louvre Museum....

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The pictures clearly showed a terraced hill. It's literally impossible it was a pyramid.
edit on 9-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Hmm, not sure what to make of those pictures. The ones at the top simply look like terracing for farming. Bear in mind it was also in hill fort country, which is another possibility. Which is not to say it isn't a pyramid, just that it could easily be other things also.

Other pictures appear to be terracing for slope abatement to prevent avalanche.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The pictures clearly should a terraced hill. It's literally impossible it was a pyramid.

Agreed. The first one is a vineyard shown from a certain angle. One of the other ones is actually a fairly small structure (perhaps no taller than the roof of my one-story house.) Another one looks like a "hoodoo" (geologic feature.)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Is it the Le Perthus Pyramid that you mean? It's still there:

www.megaliths.org...

-MM

originally posted by: Spider879

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if pyramids and such popped up in France, or just about anywhere in Europe, especially where Rome had contacts, it is said that Notre Dame was built over the site of an Isis temple.. But that needs looking into.

Pyramid of Cestius. It's still there and I've visited it some years ago, it's quite small though.

en.wikipedia.org...

-MM
edit on 9-5-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cachibatches

earth-chronicles.com...

Thanks in advance.

I believe pyramid's were a global phenomena and some are far older than the traditionalists would have you believe, I have no problem with there having been a pyramid in France especially in the Roman period when cult's emulated the Egyptians (in a peculiar roman style) even down to building a pyramid in Rome.

The largest problem faced in these part's of the world is that they have been constantly populated by people whom have made a habit of re-using building materials', destroying ancient monument's for both religious reason's and to search for treasure etc so just like in the rest of northern Europe any sizable stone structure near enough to population would have suffered this Robbing Out as it is called were the old structure is used as an open quarry, in fact it is only a quirk that we still have the pyramid's at Giza as the Arab's stripped them of many of there stone's in order to build Cairo and especially there mosques using the white lime stone casing which they stole from the pyramid's.

There is a claim which I take with a pinch of salt until I see photographic evidence that the mound upon which Mont Saint Michel is built over older ruin's and that the site was actually a pyramid or a natural pyramid formation once shaped or built on to emphasize its' pyramid form, there are claim's of extensive tunnel's which may predate the monastery and town beneath the mount as well but non from respectable or reliable sources.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I have been to the Pyramid of Cestius. It is a very nice pyramid, given to be between 90-120 feet (some of it is now below ground level) and very cool because it was incorporated into the Aurelian wall.

Though it cannot be proven, some think it was inspired by the Nubian pyramids since it was built around the time of the Nubian war.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Is it the Le Perthus Pyramid that you mean? It's still there:

www.megaliths.org...

-MM

Pyramid of Cestius. It's still there and I've visited it some years ago, it's quite small though.

en.wikipedia.org...

-MM

There was also the "Pyramid of Romulus" in the Vatican era, but it is gone. The theory is that it was tore down to use the stone. It was apparently bigger than the Pyramid of Cestius, but I doubt it was much bigger.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The pictures clearly showed a terraced hill. It's literally impossible it was a pyramid.

It looks like a terraced hill to me and probably modern. But it is by no means impossible. The Old Europeans created pyramid and non Pyramid structures such as Silbury Hill and Stone Henge. In France itself there is the Cairn of Barnenez. As noted above, the Celts created hill Forts.

The problem with archaeology in Europe is that Europe has been so thoroughly urbanized that much of what could be found is buried under ground in multiple layers, or torn down completely. Research, for example, very ancient stoneworks in Durankulak, Bulgaria, and Solnitsata, Burlgaria, that far outdate the pyramids of Egypt.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Very interesting those satellite pictures on megaliths.org, it looks like either an unfinished pyramid carved out of the hill. Or like the hill has partially swallowed the pyramid, perhaps it was almost completely covered in dirt and sedimentary layers and only uncovered during the construction of the highway? But that would be highly doubtful as the Archeologists would be all over it wouldn't they?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Looks like a wall of mud covered it too me and that it was partially uncovered during the making of the highway, the official story of the pyramid being a landfill created when building the highway is absolute bs to me - it's just way too accurate to have been created by accident...

-MM

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There were several pyramids recorded by the Romans who claim to have built them and all evidence Inhave seek supports this. One in France that comes to mind was built by Vespasian. The 1st Century CE began a phase of Iincreased Egyptian obsession and influence which definitely led to the Romans including pyramids for funerary rituals. Particularly near grave sites for the wealthy. The Plebs couldn't afford anything cool like that but the wealthy were examples enough with Egypt after Caeser made it into a Roman vassal state until the death of Cleopatra.

new topics

top topics

join