It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh boy oh boy. Flat Earth is actually a theory? Wow. I guess some people don't have the ability to use logic/critical thinking afterall.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yes, because it was his time, watching your videos, that would ultimately lead to such an arbitrary conclusion.

Anyone that has taken the time to actually learn the most appropriate ways to convince people themselves, know it's a scam based on the amount of understanding it takes to even get as far as to accurately covey the idea.

It's mostly trivial ideas anyway, like looking at a curvature is 'even possible' if 'earth was round', it would not be, but this doesn't stop thousands of discussions a day on a YouTube video uploaded every 10 minutes filming the 'lack of curvature' over a lake.

Most people that think Earth is flat have no sense of scale. When they hear that it's round, they 'go looking for it', but you are too small to look. No different than an atom could never survey the surface of your thumb as anything but completely flat, even if at it's scale it were to traverse all the way around it.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

In this video he presents the idea that the earth is endless.

Yes, spheres (and circles) are essentially endless.

A didn't have time to watch the videos

Some of us don't bother to waste our time with nonsense. Perhaps you could summarize the videos, and include some of the points therein, thereby making a halfway decent OP.

B didn't answer any of the questions in the OP

There was only one question in the OP:

A question that comes to mind to me is this a release of information but another government or leaky source stationed in Antarctica, or could it be an intel psy-op?

Answer: none of the above.

What it is, is a bunch of BS.

edit on 8-5-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

My latest post post before this one applies to anyone calling anyone else stupid for simply exploring ideas whilst stating such a position in the OP.

Of course had any of you actually read the OP and UNDERSTOOD it wouldn't be pointing fingers calling names.

Like a child.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You're not "exploring ideas outside of the normal modality of thinking". You're ignoring every single part of science that proves the world is a spheroid and saying it's flat based on zero evidence.

It's no better than putting your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALALALA! The earth is flat!".

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No one forced you to enter the Skunkworks forum to talk about a topic you don't like.

You have the autonomy to decide to do that yourself.

Funny how everyone pointing fingers and calling others stupid act outwardly towards those they disagree agree with... even if it's a hypothetical quandary.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
PROOF:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Oh I'm sorry
You were called a name?

Exploring the ideas are fine. A Flat Earther caught one of the largest cartographical mistakes ever, specifically because he was looking for things that don't exist. Improved our maps as society slightly, that sure was nice of them.

Still never proved Earth was flat.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Look, you didn't understand what I said in the OP and rather than ask questions of clarification you immediately jump to conclusions and point fingers while simultaneously hurling insults.

edit on 8-5-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Oh boy oh boy. Flat Earth is actually a theory? Wow. I guess some people don't have the ability to use logic/critical thinking afterall.

I think the actual topic, although the OP doesn't realize it, is the "Hollow Earth".

It's where Hitler escaped to.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why do I need to ask for clarification for a flat earth?

There's no such thing so no need for clarification.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i am calling the CDC , this flat earth movement has become a global disease...

they post about how the earth is flat , few hours later they get in their cars and use GPS to get to any destination....

edit on 8-5-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

And you have without a doubt evidence crafts are in orbit? Have you revised the equations and astrophysics to see if the numbers work out? Have you seen earth or a spacecraft with your own 2 eyes? Probably not.

There's no point in arguing over the shape of earth none of us will ever go to space to know for sure. All you can say is what somebody else told you.
edit on 8-5-2017 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
It may be "bunk",but some of the arguements flat earthers bring made me scratch my head. Granted,I am not the most intelligent guy around or claim to possess vast understandingof physics and mathematics,but still... I am still undecided on the whole matter but here I can tell you some of the things that intrigued me: lack of the hundreds or thousands of real pictures(not composites) of Earth or why not,I really think by this time we should have had a 24/7 live stream of the planet spinning in all it's glory(some satellite out there,a camera on the Moon....etc);footage from high altitude balloons fitted with a non GoPro camera,videos that bring back to view boats that sailed "over the horizon",various landmarks visible across large bodies of water that should not be visible due to distance and according to the formula of the curvature of the Earth,inconsistency in the things that astronauts say especially about stars(some say they are visible and space is glimmering all over,some say it's velvet black),the fact that water always finds it's level. There might be such other "proofs" but many don't come to mind at this time.

And now...I shal be waiting for the repercussions as I have noticed not a lit of users here agree to the idea of Flat Earth. Be gentle,correct me where I am wrong and come with explanations,I am not here to start a debate ir anything....also English isn't my first language so I apologise fir awkard phrasing or grammar errors.
Cheers

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

It's almost like a religion huh?

Don't insult the religion or the believers will stone you to death.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The idea of needs your eyes to see that it's round is elementary. Do you believe in Air? Or your own brain? Two things that have never been seen.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

link   

So when Sputnik was launched and everybody in the US went completely out of their minds in rabid paranoia, that was in actuality a conspiracy perpetrated by both the US and USSR military's as a joint operation?

link   
This stuff is what makes ATS stupid and not credible.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
21st century - Humans attempt to return to the Dark Ages.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Also those signals they sent too it in no way are proof they're up there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join