It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SB 301 would protect a worker's right to use marijuana off the clock

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Did I come off like I was totally against pot?
I may have! But I'm not. And I've even had a few endos in my time.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Problem is certain jobs need restrictions. I dont want to go into surgery with the surgeon being high. But who decides what jobs need to be excluded. So ultimately its up to the employer to decide. Your choice either smoke pot or have a job.

For certain jobs sure. The thing is that it's used as a medicine now too. So what about those people?? Just because they take medicine they can't have jobs now??

Or your example of Doctors. Doctors drink booze sometimes but as long as they aren't drunk when working nobody has a problem with it. So why should MJ be any different???

Those are the kinds of issues I'm talking about. I'm not saying we should have people high all the time and not worry about it. That's just dumb. You can't be high doing whatever your job is. But I don't believe in your employer being able to dictate what you do in your free time either. Unless they want to pay you 24/7 that is. Because on your time, it's your time, not theirs.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: dragonridr

Problem is certain jobs need restrictions. I dont want to go into surgery with the surgeon being high. But who decides what jobs need to be excluded. So ultimately its up to the employer to decide. Your choice either smoke pot or have a job.

For certain jobs sure. The thing is that it's used as a medicine now too. So what about those people?? Just because they take medicine they can't have jobs now??

Or your example of Doctors. Doctors drink booze sometimes but as long as they aren't drunk when working nobody has a problem with it. So why should MJ be any different???

Those are the kinds of issues I'm talking about. I'm not saying we should have people high all the time and not worry about it. That's just dumb. You can't be high doing whatever your job is. But I don't believe in your employer being able to dictate what you do in your free time either. Unless they want to pay you 24/7 that is. Because on your time, it's your time, not theirs.

Looks like I'll have to look for another job. This bill probably won't effect so called safety jobs. Believe me. they don't care about safety. They only care about profit.

My medical condition is doing much better just having a small amount of THC in the blood.

These crazy witch hunting paranoid people want to keep me from using the cure. Plus big Pharma is losing money on the dangerous drugs they sell that kill people every day. They'll continue bribing the politicians and brainwashing the gullible public till dooms day. Recent Research on Medical Marijuana

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Work is work and who you work for, should not have any impact on what you do on your own time. As long as you're not high on the job, it's none of their business.

AND what about those high on pharmaceutical meds while at work? That's ok? Every place I've worked people were on pills for "pain" or "anxiety" and they couldn't even function. I know for me I function just fine on marijuana but the meds prescribed to me I cant even think straight and all I want to do is sleep. I'll keep my MJ. It keeps me sane!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Looks like I'll have to look for another job. This bill probably won't effect so called safety jobs. Believe me. they don't care about safety. They only care about profit.

So that's not even close to reality. Most construction companies, big and small, actually do care a great deal about the safety and health of their employees. Obviously you have never worked for one.. or at least a decent one.

Also many companies do Federal work. How tolerant do you think Federal inspectors will be of employees testing positive on a drug that to them, is illegal? So you suggest what.. ALL companies dump Federal work so they can maintain employees on the staff who get high? Who is being selfish again and wanting to profit?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

So that's not even close to reality. Most construction companies, big and small, actually do care a great deal about the safety and health of their employees. Obviously you have never worked for one.. or at least a decent one.

Also many companies do Federal work. How tolerant do you think Federal inspectors will be of employees testing positive on a drug that to them, is illegal? So you suggest what.. ALL companies dump Federal work so they can maintain employees on the staff who get high? Who is being selfish again and wanting to profit?

I don't work for a construction company so you're way out in left galaxy. The Federal government are a collection of corrupt or incompetent douches. Were just trying to get Cannabis legal and at least on par with dangerous legal alcohol. And I've used both so I know which is dangerous and which is a healing.

Everyone is losing patients with them. That's why states are making their own laws and going around them. Luckily we have Trump who says he will respect state laws and the wishes of the people.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Everyone is losing patients with them. That's why states are making their own laws and going around them. Luckily we have Trump who says he will respect state laws and the wishes of the people.

Apparently not.. looks like Sessions is going to perhaps go to war against legalized and even medical MJ. Letting states manage their own affairs apparently only extends to stuff they don't care about. Not saying about federal government myself.. just saying that companies, especially construction companies, that do work with fed government will still not allow it, just not going to happen. And not because they are just greedy.. they actually do care for the safety of their employees in most cases.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

fed government will still not allow it, just not going to happen. And not because they are just greedy.. they actually do care for the safety of their employees in most cases.

What part of "off the clock" don't you understand? What we have is a bunch of control freaks butting in to personal lives off the job. They exempt themselves from the same drug tests yet they are making all of these important decisions about things they are ignorant of.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I can tell you from personal experience that doctors and nurses who work nights are day drinkers, and the ones who work days are night drinkers. Most of them smoke (cigarettes) when they drink too.

I'm not talking about desk-jockeys with cushy day jobs at KP.org. I'm talking ER, trauma; -- the knife and gun club. I'm talking IV fluids four hours before shift start to squash a hangover.

I know where I'd bet my life, and it's with the pros.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Work is work and who you work for, should not have any impact on what you do on your own time. As long as you're not high on the job, it's none of their business.

Bingo. For the 8 or so hours I am on the clock, my time, activities, and person belong to whoever is signing my paycheck. Thus, they have every right to expect me to show up to work sober, clear headed, alert, and focused. When I clock out, however, my time is my own. My body and life are mine to do with as I please.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I can tell you from personal experience that doctors and nurses who work nights are day drinkers, and the ones who work days are night drinkers. Most of them smoke (cigarettes) when they drink too.

I'm not talking about desk-jockeys with cushy day jobs at KP.org. I'm talking ER, trauma; -- the knife and gun club. I'm talking IV fluids four hours before shift start to squash a hangover.

I'm glad to know you guys can still party yet take responsibility enough to sober up before work!! IV's even. That's smart.

But you can't do that with MJ. MJ stays in your system way longer, especially if you smoke regularly. Way past the point where it's effecting you. But it's still detectable in a test. That's going to be a problem for people who smoke. They'll come up with it in their system even if they aren't high.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

That's why they need to switch to Cannabis so bad. No hangover. If you vape it no lung damage. Just need to be in normal state before their shift.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Idk what you guys are smoking, but if I toke the moment I get into my car, I'm sober by the time I'm at work. It's not like alcohol at all, where you're completely smashed for 12+ hours.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

can you tell me how to create new topics here ? and how many posts i have to make to create new thread here ?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GustaaaveAlberjo001

10. You need like 100 posts to make a topic in some forums, most are 10 though i think. You can also reply to people in some areas you cannot actually post, if you press reply instead. Click 'forums' to make a thread.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mordekaiser
Idk what you guys are smoking, but if I toke the moment I get into my car, I'm sober by the time I'm at work. It's not like alcohol at all, where you're completely smashed for 12+ hours.

You must smoke a lot and have built up a tolerance. Or you're smoking low THC. Not buds and sugar leaves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join