It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our reality only exists because of the force of love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The golden rule, phi, the fact that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, the way science transcends dimension, I would say those general 'rules' to our functioning universe could be viewed as everlasting love.
edit on 8-5-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Don't blame those who don't understand love. My family gave me hate. My wife and kids, my new family, show me love each and every single day.

I'm in a position of never taking that love for granted.

You are right. Love is the only thing that is truly creative. Hate, though it builds, is destructive.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Personally, I've never seen love do anything in regards to "defeating evil". I've seen people who have so much love in their hearts, killed for no apparent reason and the love did not save them. I'm not saying it isn't powerful, but it's not some universal force, it's an emotion. I also don't agree that fear has anything to do with love. They are almost opposites, but not quite. Fear may cause some people to believe in god or "love" god, but it doesn't create love.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Personally, I've never seen love do anything in regards to "defeating evil". I've seen people who have so much love in their hearts, killed for no apparent reason and the love did not save them. I'm not saying it isn't powerful, but it's not some universal force, it's an emotion. I also don't agree that fear has anything to do with love. They are almost opposites, but not quite. Fear may cause some people to believe in god or "love" god, but it doesn't create love.

Love is not an emotion. It's an event. When you choose an action that prioritizes someone else above yourself when you only stand to lose, that is love.

That feeling you get for someone is called passion.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
Love is not an emotion. It's an event. When you choose an action that prioritizes someone else above yourself when you only stand to lose, that is love.

That is called unselfishness. You don't have to love somebody to live an unselfish life and put other people first. I do this at times because it feels good to help others, I don't actually feel love toward them. Love possibly could be considered an "event" or action really (as it can be a verb or noun) but it still originates based on emotion. What influences one to put somebody else first?
edit on 5 17 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

That is called unselfishness. You don't have to love somebody to live an unselfish life and put other people first. Love possibly could be an "event" but it's still originates based on emotion.

True, there is an origination of emotion, but that emotion originates on pain for us mortals. Being unselfish is to have empathy, which is pain entangled. I am not sure I would call love pain, but rather that because we are silly mortals, we take love for granted until we suffer.

What most call love is merely harmony. But even evil can find harmony.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I always thought about that, when everyone says then why are we violent, why do we want to pinch a babies cheeks or want to squeeze soft things, is it because we love so much we use violence to protect it? I have no clue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join