It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO next to the moon???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i have been out 4 times tonight and looked up to the moon and each time there was a star at the bottom right of the moon, this has been over the space of about 4 hours, now i know stars dont follow the moon, so either the four times i have looked out there so happened to be a star in the same position each time.... or it is a UFO, if anyone in the UK can look at the Moon and see the "star" im talking about..... i am going to track it anyway, but incase it is a UFO,
it would be good if others checked it out
edit on 7-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

earthsky.org...

Tonight – May 7, 2017 – watch for the bright waxing gibbous moon to pair up with the giant planet Jupiter. They’ll be easy to spot. Jupiter, the fifth planet outward from the sun and largest planet in our solar system, is currently the brightest starlike object in the evening sky. Next to the moon, it’ll be a beautiful sight!

Maybe it's not a UFO? Article says Jupiter or Spica.
edit on 7-5-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

OMG ...... you just ruined my buzz, but made me smile, thanks

it must be Spica.... going to research Spica now

edit on 7-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh wait! Grins! there's pictures!!!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i honestly thought i had seen my first UFO lol, it does look pretty amazing up there though

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I actually was looking up in the sky tonight and saw the same thing around 7pm my time and I'm located in Istanbul at the moment. It was directly under the moon a little to the left. I thought it was a little odd because I couldn't see any other noticeable stars at that moment.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkPalSFO

yes when i first noticed it when there was still daylight and there was no stars, just the moon with a star just below it i thought thats strange.

well at least we are observant.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80 exactly another thing I forgot to mention is it was still light out when I noticed it also. It was. It dark enough for other stars to be visible either.

We definitely do get point for being observant. I have been doing a lot of traveling for the past 2 years touching different corners of the world hoping to catch something up in the sky!

Maybe one day!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

yeah we live in hope

i still dont get how it can always be in the same position if Spica is a star though, unless its jupiter?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I came back to compliment you on even bothering to look skyward! Too many people don't bother.

Plus I'm guessing Jupiter, you're further north so it might look a little different?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

i honestly thought i had seen my first UFO lol, it does look pretty amazing up there though

Yes it is amazing looking, I only noticed an hour ago, right now it's around the five o' clock position to the Sun...but it is 'ol Jupiter.

What does puzzle me is just how bright the piggin' Sun has been these last few years, (when we see it that is ) as well as the planets at night. We have the Sun these last few days near non-stop, and when I go in I can't see for a while, something that's quite normal if you are gazing at the sky on a sunny day, but not if you are not doing that.
edit on 7-5-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The UFO is now an IFO

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I saw this 2 nights ago and it was off to the east a ways. Had a bit to drink and I have blood in one eye so it looked like it had flames coming off the bottom! Was sure it was ufo until I checked the sky chart! Yuyp, very exciting seeing the first UFO, at least for a short while.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I think both Venus and Jupiter are supposed to be chasing this moon this month.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

OMG ...... you just ruined my buzz, but made me smile, thanks

it must be Spica.... going to research Spica now

He ruined mine too.

Oh well, maybe next time. Until then, I'll lend you my friends to play with.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Jupiter...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
although it wasn't the first sighting you hoped for, I give you props for accepting the scientific explanation. that's the best sign of an open mind...a willingness to believe the certain data over a desire to reach for an unprovable notion.
keep keeping your chin up and your brain open

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

earthsky.org...

Tonight – May 7, 2017 – watch for the bright waxing gibbous moon to pair up with the giant planet Jupiter. They’ll be easy to spot. Jupiter, the fifth planet outward from the sun and largest planet in our solar system, is currently the brightest starlike object in the evening sky. Next to the moon, it’ll be a beautiful sight!

Maybe it's not a UFO? Article says Jupiter or Spica.
With a half decent telescope,you can see some of Jupiter's moons.

I used to love to look at Jupiter through my old telescope,man.. I miss doing that.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

yeah we live in hope

i still dont get how it can always be in the same position if Spica is a star though, unless its jupiter?
Stellarium is a good free program you can download that will show the position of the moon, stars and planets from any viewing location on Earth at any time you choose. Here's a screenshot from Stellarium with the moon, Jupiter and Spica identified on May 7th:

There are also smartphone apps that will let you point your smartphone at any object in the sky and it will identify stars, planets etc.

Venus and Jupiter have been identified as UFOs in quite a few UFO cases. Less frequently some stars are identified as UFOs.

edit on 201757 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
All the planets chase the Moon, because they are all on the Ecliptic. If you have a great view of the Moon most of the time, you will find all the planets at one time or the other. You will need a telescope to be able to discern Uranus and Neptune unless you know exactly where to look.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join