It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating bogies is good for teeth and overall health, scientists conclude

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This IMO is one weird article... Weird and sickening... I guess that explains why many children go to their nose for a little afternoon snack ? Bacteria's way of getting inside ? I wonder if the findings classified the snot by hardness, length, and color ... ? Never mind TMI and I really do not want to know.

Eating bogies is good for teeth and overall health, scientists conclude.....

By Sarah Knapton, Science Editor
5 May 2017 • 4:46pm
It might be wise to look away now if you are eating or have a weak stomach, but scientists have discovered that ingesting bogies is good for teeth, and overall health.

Scientists at a number of universities including Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) say parents should not discourage their children from picking their noses because they contain 'a rich reservoir of good bacteria.'

Eating snot can also prevent bacteria from sticking to teeth, according to the article published in the journal of the American Society for Microbiology.

They are now working on synthetic booger tooth paste and chewing gum...oh wow I can't wait !! And people of the west wonder why Asians do not normally shake hands !!
www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Pass the sick bag.

I think I will continue to brush my teeth twice a day and exercise at least half an hour a day.

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
it is no coincidence that your nostril is the perfect diameter for your index finger

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh good grief
I never did that as a child,my kids neither.I remember at school there would be a few kids that could be depended on for picking their noses regularly,i mean really Excavating rather-i never watched to see if they consumed the yield of the dig
So gross uughh.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
[ gag ]...........No thanks. I'll just stick to a toothbrush.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Did anyone else read the title as 'eating bodies'?

.... Just me?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Just you
I'd rather eat a body than a bogie though,at least there's some meat and not just slimey unspeakable

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm not hungry.You guys can have mine

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Did anyone else read the title as 'eating bodies'?

.... Just me?

They are probably working on that study titled solent green... Running out of burial space in many parts of the world.. Kinda like fluoride is good for you because we have no other economical way of disposing of the poison.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I will just stick to flinging them onto the backs of people that I don't like..

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Booger......it's booger, not bogie, other than that, I only have this to add...

edit on 6-5-2017 by Sublimecraft because: beer

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The fermenting snot in my nostrils can be found on Ebay for $299 a gram. Check it out, only touched once. Comes in a range of colours. Good for your teeth, and guaranteed 100% pure.

I think I'll stick to the fluoride..

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
It is not booger in the UK, it is bogies.

Eating bogies is a totally disgusting habit and I don't know why the establishment would want to pay a team to discover the effects of eating them and then push that they are good for you. All it would do is transfer the germs and dust and bacteria caught and secreted in your nose into your stomach. There is a reason we find things disgusting, it is the way your body keeps you away from likely sources of harmful bacteria, disease and infection. That came from a Dr Winston science programme that explored why we find certain things disgusting.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

i wonder if sucking them up, and spitting them out works.

i have to do that from time to time when my allergies clogg my head up so bad that i can't blow my nose.
there have more times than i can count when i have swallowed them.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowliei would think spitting out the goo is better than swallowing.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

yea, but sometimes when it's really bad and i'm sucking it up the reflexes or what ever kicks in, and before redirection can take place i wind up swallowing that oyster. that's what we called them when i was a kid having spitting contests.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The bacteria found in the booger has enough to help stimulate the immune system. Thus eating one a day would make sure your immune system is working.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There's a healthy school snack, bag em up and call them snotties

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I should live to 150 then. I ate quite a load of nose-meat as a small child.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
The bacteria found in the booger has enough to help stimulate the immune system. Thus eating one a day would make sure your immune system is working.

I am old as some dirt and healthy in spite of a life of debauchery.. All without the help of a nose pearl.. I therefore shall pass on the finer points of helping my immune system if it includes bogies,boogers, or nose dirt by any other name.
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join