It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is FLAT.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A bottle made of a strange hard material fell from the sky.
It caused much conflict in tribe.
I have been tasked to throw it off the edge of the Earth.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Come watch the Earth in all it's roundness glory LIVE!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thats effect of the round lense. Look closely at the solar panels. It is also curved, but actually it has a straight edge.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: asrockk

YouTube research and the teachings of the rapper BOB?

Nah, that's stupid.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Maybe the solar panels are actually curved as well or is everything in your world supposed to be flat and nothing else?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

They are def straight. It's a fish eye lense. Google image fish eye lense and u will understand. This is a must-see photo:
www.adorama.com...

edit on 6-5-2017 by asrockk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: asrockk

They are def straight. It's a fish eye lense. Google image fish eye lense and u will understand. This is a must-see photo:
www.adorama.com...

watch it or this too will be removed to prevent thread drift

link   
You would think that sailors circumnavigating the globe would have noticed that the world was flat by now and stars are not needed for navigation.

Sattelites would not need an orbit in either polar nor geostationary config.

We would not need repeaters or sattelites for VHF or
MF/ HF radio comms.

I also must be experiencing optical illusions here in Australia when in the outback or deserts as the vast distances, without hills or trees for that matter, definitely gives the the impression of actually seeing with your eyes the curvature of our planet.

Another illusion occurs when viewing the horizon across the ocean and the superstructure of a ship appears - followed by the hull ....

So many things need to be changed !

pfft.
edit on 6-5-2017 by Timely because: Hating on androids

link   
a reply to: Timely

I still choose to believe the Earth is banana shaped

edit on 6-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

So you're saying the Earth is flat and only appears to be round because of a fish lens and NASA trickery?

Well, I see there's no convincing you about Earth but what about our closest celestial neighbor, the Moon? Is it flat as well?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: truthnlies

Lemme guess, you believe the Earth is flat as well?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
You would think that sailors circumnavigating the globe would have noticed that the world was flat by now and stars are not needed for navigation.

Sattelites would not need an orbit in either polar nor geostationary config.

We would not need repeaters or sattelites for VHF or
MF/ HF radio comms.

I also must be experiencing optical illusions here in Australia when in the outback or deserts as the vast distances, without hills or trees for that matter, definitely gives the the impression of actually seeing with your eyes the curvature of our planet.

Another illusion occurs when viewing the horizon and the superstructure of a ship appears - followed by the hull ....

So many things need to be changed !

pfft.

Your eyes are similar to fish-eye lense. They bend the light in similar way.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
These flat-earthers may be onto something...

edit on 6-5-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

It's shaped like a carrot. The giant space bunnies are coming!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

They how come no one in the history of the world has ever been to the end of the Earth and for that matter, fallen off? Tell me, where is the end of the Earth? Which continent? Which ocean and what happens to the ocean water at the end of the Earth? Does it too fall off into space or is it held by some invisible force akin to a fish tank?

If you really wanted to prove your belief then you should set a Kick Starter to fund a maiden voyage setting sail to prove to us once and for all you're right and we're all wrong?
edit on 6-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: asrockk
I've been doing a ton of research into proof that the Earth is indeed flat. Some key proofs:

1) The horizon always appears perfectly flat 360 degrees around the observer regardless of altitude. All amateur balloon, rocket, plane and drone footage show a completely flat horizon over 20+ miles high. Only NASA and other government “space agencies” show curvature in their fake CGI photos/videos.

I have just been to the beach, looking out over the Pacific Ocean, no instruments. The horizon doesn't look flat. It is slight but definitely curved. Also I observed a fishing trawler as it powered out, it disappeared over the horizon, with its mast and flag disappearing last.

2) Surveyors, engineers and architects are never required to factor the supposed curvature of the Earth into their projects. Canals, railways, bridges and tunnels for example are always cut and laid horizontally, often over hundreds of miles without any allowance for curvature.

Wrong, when they cut tunnels under mountains, they usually start from each side and tunnel inwards towards the centre, where the two 'cuts' meet up. Engineers of long tunnels must use spherical trigonometry to ensure that both ends meet. Angles mapped onto spherical surfaces are different than those mounted on planar surfaces. This is why the sum of angles in a triangle on a spherical surface are more than 180 degrees. If you choose to check up on Google Books, there are a number of engineering text books such as; "The Subways and Tunnels of New York" and "Trigonometry for Engineering" which have extensive sections on spherical trigonometry.

3) If the Earth wasn't flat, an airplane would always have to dip its nose to stop from going into outer space.

They do. It is standard that to maintain level flight one must 'aim' at the horizon (which is below the altitude that the aircraft travels).

I could go on and on, i'm not sure why the powers that be are hiding the truth from us, that the earth is indeed flat? Maybe so we don't try to find what is at the edge?

A very good resource:www.atlanteanconspiracy.com... ofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html

If you had received an education in any STEM subject, beyond high school level, you would not be so easily deceived.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

It's shaped like a carrot. The giant space bunnies are coming!

edit on 6-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

They how come no one in the history of the world has ever been to the end of the Earth and for that matter, fallen off? Tell me, where is the end of the Earth? Which continent? Which ocean?

If you really wanted to prove your belief then you should set a Kick Starter to fund a maiden voyage setting sail to prove to us once and for all you're right and we're all wrong?

Obviously people who fall off, don't get to come back to report about it. Probably in a better place now. Definitely the government knows where it is but wont tell us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join