It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you been swept away by the fidget spinner?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
apparently it is the new toy sweeping america as they say. i was at the grocery store with my daughter today loading up and they kept making the announcement that they have this toy(but they called it something even more lame) at the registers for 3.99 at a limit of 6.
we get to checkout and another announcement about it and they were stocking next to me.

i asked for one and its a piece of plastic you can spin. i gave it back and the lady said everyone wants them and they can have them in schools and people are basically flipping out for them

so i look it up

www.cnn.com...

f you know a middle school kid, or a parent or teacher of one, chances are you've seen the simple little colorful device that's driving them all crazy lately. It's called a fidget spinner, and even its name gives you a clue as to why some classrooms are banning them -- and some toy stores are selling out.

A fidget spinner is considered to be a type of fidget toy; a low profile, handheld device that people can, well, fidget with without making a big scene. A fidget spinner has a stable middle and a disc with two or three paddles that can be spun, much like a ceiling fan. The result is supposed to be relaxing and satisfying, and really good spinners can keep going for minutes at a time. The little devices were originally designed to help students with attention disorders like ADD -- expert say having something to occupy their hands may help improve concentration. However, the spinners caught on with the general population, and now come in every color and finish imaginable, with add-ons and doo-hickeys galore.

so awesome if it helps people with add and such. theyre not selling millions of them for that...

theyre selling them for people like this dude.
he is a professional fidgeter

they seem pretty lame to me. not really my point.
i had not heard of them until today. have you?

have you been swept away on the fidget craze?

edit on 5.6.2017 by Kandinsky because: fixed typo

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Actually, my granddaughter just came to me and mentioned this thing. Said she wanted one. I'm like what does it do? But anyway seen your post just 5 min later...like what a coincidence >>>> Doesn't look like much to me. But I'm not a kid..

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

have you been swept away by the fridget spinner?

Fridget? is that like a midget in a fridge?

LOL - just joking and yes, my son bought these to my attention about a week ago & wants me to get him one today, looks like they are about $5.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiquidCrystalz
Actually, my granddaughter just came to me and mentioned this thing. Said she wanted one. I'm like what does it do? But anyway seen your post just 5 min later...like what a coincidence >>>> Doesn't look like much to me. But I'm not a kid..

trippy when # like that happens.

that seems to be about average sublimecraft.

you could get him the caddy of spinners

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1494029704&sr=8-18-spons&keywords=fidget+spinner& psc=1

like 22 bucks

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I read some disturbing articles about this new "toy" that can make people basically into zombies. It seems to be very addicting too. Of course like always this should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't know something feels off.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The problem I have is finding a shop that supplies them, so far the major retailers don't and the smaller ones (red dot, reject shop etc) are out of stock. There are lots of online sellers but being a kid, he wants to track one down today so he can play with it today.

It sort of reminds me of the same eagerness I had in getting a Coke-Cola yoyo way back when....I ended up with a Fanta one which I have fond memories of.

I want him to get one online, like one of these bad boys........

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

cobalt rotor spinner or nothing

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
sublime check these out

addictivefidgettoys.com...

page two has some cool looking ones.

youre kid would be the man

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I been seeing this as some fad or something. I really don't get it. I even looked on amazon and some where very pricey too.
What happened to yo-yo's? They seem more fun than this?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I see these on thingverse all the time. Really easy to 3d print. Knew they were popular but not old school pog popular tho.

I think they are great for kids and adults that always have to be messing or fiddling with something.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I wonder if this would stop my nail biting and nail picking? If that is the case then I might buy one.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I want one!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I dunno but spinning midgets just sounds cruel.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I watched the video. I think I better go back to the sixties when people were enthused with slinkys and lincoln logs. Can't the young get together and play board games or poker anymore?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Isn't a Fidget a frozen midget. LOL!
My neighbor kid has one. She has ADD and cannot hear with hearing aids. She came up to show me her fidget spinner. It was Pink of course and she loved playing with her spinner, she said.

I guess it could get out of hand it everyone has them.
edit on 5-5-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I grew up in an era where yo-yo's cost 145 wingwangs.

Never got into Pokemon either.

I have a Fushigi for decoration.

I need to invent the next big doo-dad and strike it rich.

edit on 5-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Simple things amuse simple minds I guess like all fads they will come and go

Does anybody remember when Pogs were all the rage ? I still have my collection somewhere in the attic lol

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My 10 year old son says to me... "Hey dad can I have 20 bucks?"

"Sure son, for what?"

"So I can get an Amazon gift card"

"Why do you need an Amazon gift card?"

"So I can order a Fidget Spinner"

"But they're only 5 dollars"

"Then I'll just have to get 4 of them"

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
In the old days they had Thumb Stones.

www.etsy.com...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yes, those stupid things are being sold for freakin $30.00 by the crooks at toy- sense.
Regular $10 bucks, but since toy sense is the only store in town with them, they are gripping people off

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join