It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman with terminal cancer jailed over medication in her system

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just another day in Brownbackistan.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
They should put some kind of indicator on people's licenses that at taking prescription meds that might be mistaken for THC or illegal substance.

hell yeah

they should advertise to the world what meds people are taking. shout it from the rooftops. who cares about hippa and privacy.
i dont need people knowing that there is a good chance i have vicodin on me.

aaah. nevermind. i read that fast and thought you said/meant license plate.
sorry

i will leave it though so everyone can see im stupid
edit on 5-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Given the choice I would much rather ride in a car driven by by a person with THC in their system than by one using alcohol.
But alcohol is legal.... and it doesn't help cancer patients.
edit on b000000312017-05-05T09:02:00-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 05 May 2017 09:02:00 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Given the choice I would much rather ride in a car driven by by a person with THC in their system than by one using alcohol.

Not true....alcohol when used medicinally is an anti-parasitic....and regular intake of an anti-parasitic is a core value component of good health no diseases and long life because anti-parasitics of any kind contribute to an alkaline body state which prohibits growth of cancer moulds,so yes alcohol does help cancer patients peripherally.

Alcoholism can be cured by regularly using an anti-parasitic from a non-alcohol source.....the reason people keep drinking and get drunk is because alcohol due to its immediate anti-parasitic impacts trips a master relay in your brain which overrides ALL OTHER MESSAGES EVEN ORGAN EMERGENCIES......lol.....TPTB have been suppressing the truth forever....if you stop drinking cold turkey and do not replace alcohols anti-parasitic impacts....lol...you will definatly get very very very sick....sicker than ever since you began using alcohol as a regular anti-parasitic.

You wouldnt be able to tell someone was driving with THC in their system.....just like LEOs cannot tell ....because it does not make you a dangerous driver.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Not true....alcohol when used medicinally

are doctors prescribing booze medicinally now?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I cannot see this standing up long term.

Its the problem with testing....it doesn't tell you if you're under the influence, it tells if you've used in the last 3-4 weeks.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

This is cause for backlash. Tell me again how we just need to understand the nuances of law enforcement.

So misunderstood.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Not true....alcohol when used medicinally

are doctors prescribing booze medicinally now?

Check your local laws.

People dont know why the Romans provided alcohol rations as do many militaries....the number of deaths during wars related to parasitic catalysed weakness via auto-immune system hindrance and other dynamics has always been staggering....alcohol is IMHO the least desirable anti-parasiic because it itself produces specific toxins in the body with overuse which encourage specific parasite growth ...so in alcoholics we see autopsies showing in many cases very healthy organs everywhere EXCEPT where alcohol overuse provided a toxic home for SPECIFIC parasites which attacked SPECIFIC organs over a very long time......I might add some alcoholics are long lived ,provided they regularly ingest another anti-parasitic which deals with the overburden alcohol overuse causes.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I'm not arguing the THC/effects of, side of the argument, I'm only going by what the article says, and that is she is in jail for DUI.

exactly! the thread title is "fake news" she wasn`t arrested for using THC to treat her cancer, she was arrested for driving while under the influence of THC.
if she was walking would she have been arrested for DUI? NO
if she was sitting at home watching T.V. would she have been arrested for DUI? NO

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The laws in the U.K can be pretty brutal for some people these drugs can get you nicked if caught with even a small amount , being about people smoking M/J can get some people in trouble as it gets absorbed into their body

amphetamine, eg dexamphetamine or selegiline
clonazepam
diazepam
flunitrazepam
lorazepam
methadone
morphine or opiate and opioid-based drugs, eg codeine, tramadol or fentanyl
oxazepam
temazepam

they aren’t causing you to be unfit to drive even if you’re above the specified limits

Penalties for drug driving

If you’re convicted of drug driving you’ll get:

a minimum 1 year driving ban
an unlimited fine
up to 6 months in prison
a criminal record
you may have trouble travelling to countries like the USA
Your driving licence will also show you’ve been convicted for drug driving. This will last for 11 years.

Some people i know have been Cannabis free for months and still fail tests at work ,It depends on the person

Officers can test for cannabis and coc aine at the roadside, and screen for other drugs, including ecstasy, '___', ketamine and heroin at the police station. Even drivers that pass the roadside check can be arrested if the police suspect that your driving is impaired by drugs.
www.gov.uk...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Not true....alcohol when used medicinally is an anti-parasitic....and regular intake of an anti-parasitic is a core value component of good health no diseases and long life because anti-parasitics of any kind contribute to an alkaline body state which prohibits growth of cancer moulds,so yes alcohol does help cancer patients peripherally.

Alcoholism can be cured by regularly using an anti-parasitic from a non-alcohol source.....the reason people keep drinking and get drunk is because alcohol due to its immediate anti-parasitic impacts trips a master relay in your brain which overrides ALL OTHER MESSAGES EVEN ORGAN EMERGENCIES......lol.....TPTB have been suppressing the truth forever....if you stop drinking cold turkey and do not replace alcohols anti-parasitic impacts....lol...you will definatly get very very very sick....sicker than ever since you began using alcohol as a regular anti-parasitic.

You wouldnt be able to tell someone was driving with THC in their system.....just like LEOs cannot tell ....because it does not make you a dangerous driver.

If I tried to get alcohol cleared by the FDA as medicine, it would be quite a job.
Alcohol has a few side effects when viewed as a medicine.
I know of very few people that take it as medicine.

My father died of cirrhosis of the liver.
I know quite a few people that have died alcohol related deaths.

If it is a cure for cancer, that is news to me.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It isn't a cure for cancer...but a small amount of various types has benefits.

Had a great uncle who was told to drink a beer a day after stomache cancer. Something about the yeast providing a benefit (i suspect it was biome related).

In nursing homes it isn't uncommon for a doctor to write a script for a shot of a liquor at bed time for some of those folks. In that case, the script is more for sleep aid and psychological comfort than anything else. Health benefits actually extend well into the realm of "psychological comfort".

But you're right...the FDA won't be approving it for medical use anytime soon.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I am all for medical MJ.

But that does not give you the excuse to drive under the influence.

I take some strong prescription opioids at times, but the law where I am says you cant drive while you have them in your system and as such I dont drive.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If I tried to get alcohol cleared by the FDA as medicine, it would be quite a job.
Alcohol has a few side effects when viewed as a medicine.
I know of very few people that take it as medicine.

My father died of cirrhosis of the liver.
I know quite a few people that have died alcohol related deaths.

If it is a cure for cancer, that is news to me.

It is a component of the cure for cancer by proxy of its anti-prasitic impacts when used in moderation....moderation being defined in mls not ounces......alcohol kills almost all parasites on contact in your stomach.....a 1/4 ounce or a glass of wine level content daily or a dose of ANY of hundreds of anti-parasitics is medicinal......overuse has side effects of creating toxicity in specific areas of your body which then provide a sympathetic environment to the more limited but still existing parasitic cycle.

IMHo the causality of cancer is a sympathetic environment to the develpment of an acidic body which supports moulds and funguses which create mycotoxins.The daily removal of all parasites from the body by proxy inhibits the formation of an acidic environment for cancer to begin and to flourish.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I'm not arguing the THC/effects of, side of the argument, I'm only going by what the article says, and that is she is in jail for DUI.

exactly! the thread title is "fake news" she wasn`t arrested for using THC to treat her cancer, she was arrested for driving while under the influence of THC.
if she was walking would she have been arrested for DUI? NO
if she was sitting at home watching T.V. would she have been arrested for DUI? NO

its not fake news and she was not under the influence of thc.
she was driving with her legally prescribed medicine in her system. you know the one with the warning i posted about using caution.
what are you not understanding?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I am all for medical MJ.

But that does not give you the excuse to drive under the influence.

I take some strong prescription opioids at times, but the law where I am says you cant drive while you have them in your system and as such I dont drive.

she was not under the influence. thats like the 10th time posted.
i take vicodin every day. im supposed to take caution.

can you post a link to a site that says you can not drive in your state if you have your legally prescribed medicine in your system?
i would like to see it

thanks

also i posted a link showing what schedule marinol is on and how it is NOT an narcotic. she was NOT under the influence.

first link came up for california so i will use it

www.shouselaw.com...

The legal definition of DUI of Vicodin/DUI of painkillers consists of these "elements of the crime": You drove a vehicle, While you were under the influence of narcotic prescription painkillers (or the combined influence of painkillers and alcohol or another drug), .

the rest of it says

and The painkillers impaired your physical or mental abilities to such a degree that you could no longer drive in the way that an ordinarily cautious sober person would drive under similar circumstances

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think crazy is in the UK
They just have no experience..or to be brutal..a clue.
This woman was 99% not impaired, here with legalisation looming they are introducing am impaired driving test where you will test positive 5 freaking days after use..the test is not even remotely valid by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

so, you`re saying the THC that was in her system had no influence on the way she was driving?
The police obviously thought that it did, since we weren`t there we`ll have to take the police`s word for it.

There are a lot of legal drugs/medications that affect your ability to drive safely but taking those medicines legally isn`t a defense against DUI.

edit on 5-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Here is some news for you..the police don't know sh@t about it, there test are not valid at best..at this point in time.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

so, you`re saying the THC that was in her system had no influence on the way she was driving?
The police obviously thought that it did, since we weren`t there we`ll have to take the police`s word for it.

There are a lot of legal drugs/medications that affect your ability to drive safely but that isn`t a defense against DUI.

now youre getting it.
yes that is what i am saying. thats the whole issue. she is doing 2 days in jail for no crime.
the police are not infallible. just because they think something does not make it true.

i was not there and i do not have to take their word for it. i know what marinol is. i know what it does and does not do. ive been prescribed marinol.

ive posted links to what schedule it is on. posted links showing it is not a narcotic. posted links showing the warnings are to use caution.

why dont you or someone that does not have a problem with this post a link showing what she did was illegal. post something proving she was under the influence.
you cant because she wasn't.

we will just have to trust the cops.....

yeah, good mentality to have. they never get it wrong and are always in the right

what a joke

and whatever test she may have been given does not prove #.
you can have it in your system for a month after you use it. even though it might be in your system you damn sure are not under the influence of it.

i cant believe some of you.

if she was driving around blazing it would be a different story. she was popped for taking her legally prescribed medicine that does not get you high.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join