It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI report finds officers ‘de-policing’ as anti-cop hostility becomes ‘new norm’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well as a person of empathy with children of my own I blame the Mexicans and central Americans the least in the whole mess.

They were given access while starving. In some cases we aided war in their countries.

Not only that they are a substancial part of the economy.

I am a conservative for the most part but the people who got rich off their backs and the yuppies enjoying their cheap 5000sqft homes are all a bigger part then desperate people looking for work. Which they were given for decades to help their employears cheat.

Yes they are illegal but we should have made seasonal work visa programs for the holes in the labor force you should blame congress more than Mexicans.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Without changing the post topic too much, I would have to say that as it relates to de-policing, it is of some consequence. Officers who knowingly pass by illegals for the fact that they will be tagged and released if I could use such a crass term.

Unless they are actively breaking another law, the LEO's tend not to worry because it would be a waste of time, and the illegals know it.

As for the rest of your stance, I mostly agree but it's off topic.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Cops are a mirror of the environment where they work in. If the environment is aggressive and sucks so are they...

edit on 5-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: luthier

Without changing the post topic too much, I would have to say that as it relates to de-policing, it is of some consequence. Officers who knowingly pass by illegals for the fact that they will be tagged and released if I could use such a crass term.

Unless they are actively breaking another law, the LEO's tend not to worry because it would be a waste of time, and the illegals know it.

As for the rest of your stance, I mostly agree but it's off topic.

Sorry man, I just have a feeling everybody is being lead to the slaughter against each other.

To me police need reform. They have a terrible job and it requires more training and intelligence then it previously did. They have to clean up everyone's mess, and have very little relief for such a crap job.

The unions have destroyed policing. This is how 80 percent are out of shape. Google it 80 percent.

You can't be out of shape for the job or the stress period.

If you care about cops the whole thing needs to be re examined. It's not just simply us against them or them against us and you either support them.or you don't. It's far more complex.

Here are a few urgent training needs

www.google.com...

www.medicaldaily.com...

edit on 5-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The main problem is that it is no longer perceived as wrong to defy an order given by a uniformed officer.

A cop shouts "Put your hands up where I can see them!" And the person just stands there, or just backs away; in some cases even runs away. Or, like Eric Garner, whose last statement before scuffling with police was "I'm NOT going to jail today."

There was a time (10 years ago) when that type of resisting arrest was viewed as suicide by/assault of cop. By anyone, regardless of their skin-tone.

We expect our police to be hall monitors, or "Mr. fix-a-flat" for stranded motorists.

When they intervene to stop crime, we fire them and then sue.

No cop is ever good enough. No cop is ever honest enough. No cop is ever righteous enough, to interrupt a conversation, much less detain an apparent criminal.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

And that is part of the problem.

You don't live in reality.

Charleston? That caregiver in florida? The entire dept in Miami area laundering drug money, the lady who shot the meth head pacing around his car, the Chicago pd corruption cases throughout history, covering up shootings then getting caught with cams lieing etc. Some stupid cases people freak out over don't erase the real issues. Like 80 percent of police are over weight. Which is a real stat, or that most officers are not expert marksman or even adequate. The 12 lb triggers don't help but they don't trust police to not misfire.

When cops are bad they can do an I unusual amount of damage correct?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: redempsh

You don't live in reality.

Do YOU???

In 2015, there were 991 police shoootings of civilians, per the Washington Post. That's total police homicides, justified or not.

Also in 2015, there were 15,696 homicides, per the FBI (note that this includes the above-mentioned police actions)

Meaning that 6.3% of the intentional gun deaths were the police shooting someone. The other 93.7% of the time, it was a civilian doing the shooting.

But we aren't going to focus on the 93% of homicides (a portion of which must have been justified), but instead we're going to focus on the 6 percent of cop shots (a portion of which must have been justified).

Yes. There are total idiots, and worse, EVIL idiots, with the power of life and death, which they handle thoughtless aplomb. They hold entire neighborhoods, whole cities, under a cloud of fear. Their flagrant criminality causes the poorest and weakest Americans to despair. Too many young people are dying at their hands.

And a tiny portion of these murderous thugs are even police officers.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can sense lynch mobs and segregation in our future.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join