It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Overlord - have you considered multiquote or reply option

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Okay sometimes it gets really annoying if you want to "reply" or "quote" multiple people, is there any way we could get a +reply or +quote option so when we press the button it brings up the quote/reply for the multiple people we want to reply to ?

Currently my only option is opening another tab so I can pull the code off for one reply, to then refresh that page and hit reply on another to copy/paste that code into my reply without posting and then editing after the fact.

Would really go a long way to improving board functions

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I find it fairly fast to do a simple copy of the first quote/reply, reload the page, click quote/reply to the second and paste in the first. Repeat as necessary. Takes very little time.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I find it fairly fast to do a simple copy of the first quote/reply, reload the page, click quote/reply to the second and paste in the first. Repeat as necessary. Takes very little time.

Watch how easy this is.

originally posted by: Discotech
Okay sometimes it gets really annoying if you want to "reply" or "quote" multiple people, is there any way we could get a +reply or +quote option so when we press the button it brings up the quote/reply for the multiple people we want to reply to ?

Currently my only option is opening another tab so I can pull the code off for one reply, to then refresh that page and hit reply on another to copy/paste that code into my reply without posting and then editing after the fact.

Would really go a long way to improving board functions

Took all of 20 seconds.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think the problem we have all encountered is that it does not alert everyone you do that with.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Mentioning someone would be pretty cool.

Something like "@Discotech" and you'd get a notification that I've mentioned you.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think they've been keeping "Mr. Overlord" locked under the stairs.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Takes a bit more time on mobile though

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
No that is the owner of another forum who is locked up in a Lunatic asylum

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It's easy sure but it's an annoyance and not very user friendly

Even the option for the code to be displayed when you click the button for different people would be better than what we have currently where you can only click it for one user and then the function becomes unusable unless you refresh.

You may find your solution okay but it doesn't solve the issue and in terms of usability it is an issue, certainly one I'd highlight as important if I was to do a usability study (my day job), which could be solved by allowing reply/quote to actually function multiple times instead of once as the current design for it makes little to no sense unless it's a bug that has just gone unreported, if it's intentional then it really is poor design

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think the problem we have all encountered is that it does not alert everyone you do that with.

Going by the OP, you would think you have all day to do that..simple fact is that time for anything like editing or scratching about is limited for some, nothing like four hours for editing for instance, more like 40 minutes for me...so, whatever I do it's something a rush, especially if you need to tidy house.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It is even easier than that.

Copy the first 'Reply to'. Then just 'Reply to' the second and then paste your clipboard. A new reply window pops up with the second reply, paste in the first. Repeat as often as necessary (for three, copy the second reply with the first pasted, hit 'Reply to' third, etc).

No refresh necessary.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It doesn't work for me, I can hit reply once and it works fine, if I hit reply any more times it's like the reply button doesn't exist.

I have to physically refresh to get the reply button to "reset" and work again

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

It doesn't work for me, I can hit reply once and it works fine, if I hit reply any more times it's like the reply button doesn't exist.

I have to physically refresh to get the reply button to "reset" and work again
You, me, and introvert are in the same boat then, I have to reload the page exactly as introvert says but it's not that hard to do:

That's exactly how I handle it too.

I don't know why TEOTWAWKIAIFF doesn't need to re-load the page like we do, maybe he has a different browser or something?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

IE 11. I did it by accident too.

I suppose you could duplicate your tab and do it that way too.

-TEOT

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I'm on Firefox, whatever the latest version is

I know what we do isn't complex or very time consuming but it doesn't hurt to ask for site UI improvements or fixes (if it's a bug, I'd call it a bug if it works on IE but not on FF/Chrome ?)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Easier as stated by other member: cut and paste all to a single word document off site....cut and past it as one back in.

We do it all the time....

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I do not check alerts, so perhaps I'm not qualified to address that issue.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

Takes a bit more time on mobile though

I've never used mobile, so I cant comment on that either.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

My job has me on two different networks during the day. My company's own mess of a website has issues rendering between Firefox and IE. Turns out the developers were using Chrome! That causes rendering issues and functionality problems.

In order to do my job I have to use all three!!

I feel your pain!

PS - At home I use Safari!! LOL. Haven't tried the multi replies on that. Yet...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

In the past, I swear there was a way to do it, that was far easier than the new tab method we have to use now!! I miss that. In some threads, when we want to reply to more than one person, it's either open a lot of tabs, and do a lot of copy/paste, or add a lot of replies, and both are tedious.

I can understand trimming quotes, so a post isn't too long, but that could be done before. Would love to see that return!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join