It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama endorses Macron in French presidential race

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Of course he does...just like he stuck his nose into the Brexit debate. It will be interesting to see if he comes out supporting the losing side one more time. That would make three in a row.

“I’m not planning to get involved in many elections now that I don’t have to run for office again, but the French election is very important to the future of France and the values that we care so much about,” Obama said, in a web video tweeted Thursday by Macron.

This kind of constitutes interference/influence in the democratic process of a sovereign nation, does it not? Sort of like how Obama's administration provided money to the political opponents of the government of Israel, oui?

Oh, wait I forgot...it is only when the Russians try to modify the outcomes in elections in foreign countries that it is bad. When Obama does it, it represents "the values we care so much about"...

Do as I say, not as I do

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

What's the difference?

Trump expresses support for French candidate Le Pen

Trump camp supports Britain leaving EU, citing America's ‘own little Brexit’

Besides, Obama is a private citizen now. He can speak his mind and show support for anything he likes, just like you and me!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Didn't he spoke against Brexit and for Clinton? Those two instances did not have the desired outcome he was aiming for ... I guess a third time is a charm.

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
He just jinxed Macron.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What's the difference?

Trump expresses support for French candidate Le Pen

Trump camp supports Britain leaving EU, citing America's ‘own little Brexit’

Besides, Obama is a private citizen now. He can speak his mind and show support for anything he likes, just like you and me!

The difference is that Obama and his cronies went on a holy crusade (up to and including conducting surveillance on his political opponents, in the hopes of discovering "collusion" with a foreign government's attempts to influence the U.S. Presidential election)...casting Putin as evil for (supposedly) supporting Trump's bid for the Presidency.

But...while he was still President, he directly interfered with elections in Israel...and who knows where else. He literally ousted the leader of a sovereign nation (Libya).

He, simply put, is a hypocrite...now a private citizen hypocrite.
edit on 4-5-2017 by mobiusmale because: ETA

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Obama said the UK should stay in the EU too.

Look how that turned out.

Obama needs to mind his own business.

He's a NO BODY now.

No one has to listen to his tripe.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oh lol. If any of Obama's other predictions are anything to go by, Macron is gonna lose badly.

See you Macron. It's been dreadful.

I liked Melenchon personally.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Obama always seems to endorse people with the name Emmanuel. Anyways, he is a civilian now isn't he so why does he still get political play on a world scale?. He should have no influence on anyone as far as I am concerned. He can be a local icon in his hometown sure.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, I don't think that works out as a positive influence. Being French, a world away, they might just think this means something.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He just jinxed Macron.

Yep....kiss of death.
Did he say it would be a personal insult to him if the French people didn't vote for Macron?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
Obama always seems to endorse people with the name Emmanuel. Anyways, he is a civilian now isn't he so why does he still get political play on a world scale?. He should have no influence on anyone as far as I am concerned. He can be a local icon in his hometown sure.

Because, in Europe, he is still a "star"...the shining light that was supposed to lead (apologising for America all the way) the U.S. out of the non-progressive, anti-globalist wilderness. He is a Euro-icon.

People in wide swaths of Europe were nearly as broken up about Trump's election as the SJW crowd in the US of A.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Hmmmmm, I don't think that works out as a positive influence. Being French, a world away, they might just think this means something.

I'm in France and to be quite frank the vast majority of French people don't give a toss about what Obama thinks.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 4-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This kind of constitutes interference/influence in the democratic process of a sovereign nation, does it not?

No. That's just an extremely desperate false equivalence on your part.

Sort of like how Obama's administration provided money to the political opponents of the government of Israel, oui?

First off, the amount of money you're talking about could scarcely get a person elected mayor of a smallish town ($350k). You want to talk about real money? How about last year's $40 billion military aid package to Israel. Secondly, all of that money didn't end up getting rolled into the later election effort (it was actually the remainder of the half that went to OneVoice Israel). Third, for the duration of the grant period, there's no evidence that the group in question was active in elections at all. This was investigated by a Senate subcommittee. Fourth, it wasn't until after the grant period was over that Netanyahu pushed the elections up.

It makes a good one liner if you don't bother to dig a little deeper but it under even a little scrutiny, the claim falls apart.

As for painting Putin as a bad guy — Putin doesn't need any help in that department.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It will be interesting to see if he comes out supporting the losing side one more time. That would make three in a row.

Three's charm, right? If Macron loses too, it will seal the lie once and for all that the whole world loves Obama and all that he stands for... And I will laugh like hell!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Excuse me? Hasn't the media been in a tizzy because it's possible Russia might have interfered in our election?

So why is Obama openly interfering in the French election?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As for painting Putin as a bad guy — Putin doesn't need any help in that department.

True that.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This election in France is being exaggerated beyond belief. It's not even a race. Macron is 20 points ahead.
It's being used as kind of left vs right battleground by the media so they can claim some kind of moral victory for their inhuman political leanings.
France fell to the immigrant hordes and globalist take over a long time ago. It's just a state of Europe managed by the modern day politburo in Brussels.
edit on 4/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nice Macron is done before the next scandal was going to hit the papers pretty soon. The french media declared him the "winner" of the debates and we all know what that means. The media seems to ignore the outcome of the american election as usual. They will never learn. At this point it's really hard to trust any media at all. Is that the ultimate red pill? Every media on this planet lies and follows a exact script of TPTB and they dictate what we consider the truth. It almost feels like i stepped into another dimension.

Obama is allowed to have his own opinion of course but as the former president he influenced other countries elections too and that worries me if this even is his own idea. The EU is failing and "they" all still cling to the notion that it can be saved. I'm expecting some kind of "intervention" from the EU to prevent other members from leaving. They already scramble to blackmail and fine the hell out of the countries that don't comply. I've got a bad feeling about all of this.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Obama endorses Macron in French presidential race.

Well, that's it for Macron. An Obama endorsement is the Kiss of Death.

Viva Le Pen!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Plotus

I'm in France and to be quite frank the vast majority of French people don't give a toss about what Obama thinks.

Warmest

Lags

Obama still thinks the world revolves around him. I guess because there are idiots or payback-customers still out there willing to dish over $400,000 for a one-hour talk from him, he thinks he's still worthy of everybody's adoration and that his opinion actually matters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join