It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel's - The Defenders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I really like what Netflix has been doing with the lesser know Marvel comic heroes

Jessica Jones was a really great show with one of the best endings ever, it was gritty and realistic (minus the superhero stuff) which introduced to Luke Cage, which was unfortunately not as good as JJ, the action scenes weren't too good and I wasn't really taken by the actor playing Luke Cage.

Daredevil, however was absolute fantastic, the combat scenes were brilliant and really quite visceral at times, the actor playing DD really did a good job as both blind man and ninja, one of my favourite series around at the moment with some great storylines and the second season with The Punisher was amazing, there's a scene of him in prison which was as visceral as the alley and hammer scene in Oldboy.

And then there was Iron Fist, it was okay, not as good as DD or JJ but better than Luke Cage although it was strange seeing Loras Tyrell as the Iron Fist and Faramir as the antagonist, I wasn't really fussed.

But what I love is that Netflix is putting all these series tied into each other and in line with what's happening in the Marvel movies too so I'm looking forward to the The Defenders, should be every bit as good as all the other Netflix productions

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Agreed, Neflix is doing a good job with these shows. There is also talk about Punisher getting his own series which would be epic and the guy playing him (formerly Shane from TWD) is great in the role. I've read/collected comics since I was kid and am loving all the Hollywood play these stories are getting. I've always thought that comics would make for good Hollywood fodder and am happy to see that coming to fruition. I'm pretty picky about it too and dislike as many productions as I like.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Yeah it's supposed to be later this year that we get Punisher's spin off series, Jon Bernthal was a really good fit as Frank Castle and it was really interesting seeing Chaotic Good vs Lawful Good in the form of Punisher vs Daredevil.

There's also an Inhumans series coming later in the year too so it seems to be full steam ahead for Marvel products, which is great because the whole Marvel universe has some great stuff in it

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

it seems to be full steam ahead for Marvel products, which is great because the whole Marvel universe has some great stuff in it

With Disney's juice behind them I wouldn't expect anything less.
edit on 3-5-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Netflix really scored with the idea of making these Marvel shows.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Bwhahhaaa!

I like it!

Ironman meets Ironfist meets the Blind meets Chick with Daddy issues.

Marvel has done a pretty good job with those so far.

I WILL check out the Defenders.

edit on 4-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The only thing that's missing is having the Movies and Agents of Shield recognise the Netflix shows, it would be cool to see them in those shows too even if for a little cameo as Agents of Shield had Lady Sif and Nick Fury cameos

And IF Fox ever come to an agreement with Disney so we can have Deadpool, The X-Men and the Fantastic Four included in the full Marvel Universe instead of having to deal with 2 sometimes 3 different worlds

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

The only thing that's missing is having the Movies and Agents of Shield recognise the Netflix shows, it would be cool to see them in those shows too even if for a little cameo as Agents of Shield had Lady Sif and Nick Fury cameos

And IF Fox ever come to an agreement with Disney so we can have Deadpool, The X-Men and the Fantastic Four included in the full Marvel Universe instead of having to deal with 2 sometimes 3 different worlds

Your last paragraph was spot on in my opinion. The x men movies are just a complete mess..these are some of the most iconic super heros to grace the pages and the movies are "dis com bob u lated " disasters.

All the while we are treated to delicious treats like guardians or CA the first avenger,
By the other studio.. and the story lines in this much better universe suffer the loss of those characters ...

Disney just needs to pony up and buy out all of Sony's involvement..

I know..pipe dream ..legality..productions in the works.. bad publicity for Sony..yada yada ..

A man can wish tho..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
One week to go. Really looking forward to this.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
3 episodes in and I am digging it. I said "Oh #" when Power Man and Iron Fist met. And Stick is such a badass. Love him.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just finished episode 8. I was really looking forward to this. Have to say I am a little disappointed. It was just okay. Felt like after the success of DD season 1, they changed plans and started to rush things. These are supposed to be street level heroes yet they were fighting something that was not street level.

And what happened to Stone? He was a character they showed in DD season 1 but he's not been seen since. What's up with that? What was the original plan for him?

I was excited to see the after credits scene of episode 8. That looks great!

new topics

top topics

join