It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder Rate In Baltimore Worst Ever, Chicago Paces Record High

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Isn't Chicago also where the Homan Square fiasco happened?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Did the mayor and the law enforcment in Chicago all fell into a coma or why are they just watching the mayhem unfold?

Nah..."Dead Fish Rahm" at work....

It's like Alfred said in that one Batman movie: Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Chicago elected such a person as their mayor, and this is the logical consequence. At least the mayor of Baltimore has the good sense to finally admit they're losing the battle and need help.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Yep. I put that man in my list. It's amazing that people don't get what not being able to trust law enforcement does for crime.

I am in no way anti cop.

They should be paid more with more risk, and should be better qualified to handle high risk situations if they are in those districts, however it's the complete opposite.

It is what is though. You can't just put more cops on the street, they need to be screened for their qualification to handle pressure and paid well for it.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It's Chicago, who knows who voted or didn't vote...probably doesn't matter. The machines were never even plugged in.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
a reply to: luthier

Isn't Chicago also where the Homan Square fiasco happened?

Yes it is.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Edumakated

The cops cotribute by not busting the gangs purposely.

The cops contribute by having the unions push for mandatory minimums in the 90's.

The cops contribute by laundering money and stolen goods for gangs making them more powerful.

They are for hire to assassinate other gang leaders..

They are part of the problem.

And if you don't understand that a corrupt police force doest intend to stop crime but rather further it I don't know what else to say.

You guys need to make your minds up. All we ever hear is that the cops are harassing black men, etc. Yet, here you are claiming the cops don't arrest anyone. Which one is it?

Most of the increases in violence in Chicago and Baltimore are tied directly to the fact that police stopped policing these areas since every time they try to arrest a thug, you get a gang of hoodrats out with cellphones looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

If what you are claiming were true, we should see crime going down in these cities, not up if there were some correlation between corrupt policing and crime.

Look, I am not dismissing that police relationships in these cities is crap because of a meathead cops. I can't stand these incredible hulk bald head narco guys I see everyday in the hood. At the same time, I recognize they are also going into the wolves den, so in some respect I get it.

I stand my case that these areas are just a symptom of the failure of the social and moral fabric of the black community. Sure, at the periphery, I can understand what you are saying, but that is hardly what I would consider to be the root cause or even a major factor.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Edumakated

The cops cotribute by not busting the gangs purposely.

The cops contribute by having the unions push for mandatory minimums in the 90's.

The cops contribute by laundering money and stolen goods for gangs making them more powerful.

They are for hire to assassinate other gang leaders..

They are part of the problem.

And if you don't understand that a corrupt police force doest intend to stop crime but rather further it I don't know what else to say.

You guys need to make your minds up. All we ever hear is that the cops are harassing black men, etc. Yet, here you are claiming the cops don't arrest anyone. Which one is it?

Most of the increases in violence in Chicago and Baltimore are tied directly to the fact that police stopped policing these areas since every time they try to arrest a thug, you get a gang of hoodrats out with cellphones looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

If what you are claiming were true, we should see crime going down in these cities, not up if there were some correlation between corrupt policing and crime.

Look, I am not dismissing that police relationships in these cities is crap because of a meathead cops. I can't stand these incredible hulk bald head narco guys I see everyday in the hood. At the same time, I recognize they are also going into the wolves den, so in some respect I get it.

I stand my case that these areas are just a symptom of the failure of the social and moral fabric of the black community. Sure, at the periphery, I can understand what you are saying, but that is hardly what I would consider to be the root cause or even a major factor.

You guys? I am a single person. The only narrative I see is your response.

You don't think allowing organized crime in Chicago since prohibition to work with mayors and police chiefs has had an effect on the root cause of crime in Chicago?

Wow. Bad cops do bad things. Including shooting people in the back.

I think policies are racist not necessarily the cops. Most cops are just over stressed, under qualified for the stress of combat, under payed, and undetrained for the situational aspects of policing in many cases. The rotation of officers also needs to be dealt with. There is only so much scum in your neighborhood you can see everyday before you need a break.

However, the ponds of scum are much larger in corrupt law enforcement areas.

edit on 3-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Big big sigh... I have made the case many times that lead poisoning is at least part of the problem:

Black Inner-City Violence: Lead Poisoning and Vaccines and Autism and Cannabis

The problem with lead poisoning in Chicago and Baltimore -- and their gross incompetence addressing this problem -- have been well-documented:

Kids poisoned by lead in CHA housing; landlords still got paid

Lead Poisoning: Baltimore's Forgotten Public Health Crisis

So just for kicks and giggles (NOT!) I decided to see if any of the top ten cities on that list had a known lead poisoning problem:

St. Louis' stubborn lead poisoning problem

Growing concerns over child lead poisoning in New Jersey

Dangerous lead levels found in nearly two-thirds of New Orleans homes, Tulane study says

4-year-old's lead poisoning highlights issue in Petersburg

Gary Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program

These 18 PA Cities Have Higher Lead Exposure Than Flint

And the saddest part of all is that addressing/alleviating the issue could be as simple as Vitamin C supplementation:

How Doctors Use Vitamin C Against Lead Poisoning

Another recent thread on ATS, Poverty Is A Disease, presented another facet to the equation. As has recent studies regarding the concentrations of murder in just a few counties -- Murders in US very concentrated: 54% of US counties in 2014 had zero murders, 2% of counties have 51% of the murders. It is also known that most murders are committed by a relatively few number of individuals, particularly gang members, including illegal aliens (think MS-13 and the Latin Kings). It should also be noted that as piss-poorly as we address the problem of lead poisoning in the USA, many other nations don't even try. Many of the refugees and illegals coming in are most likely greater affected by lead poisoning than our own people.

I fully understand that correlation does not always equal causation... but at some point intellectual honesty demands that known patterns must be examined and researched to find out for sure. If we refuse to do so, then we are just as guilty as those that pull the trigger because we know better and did nothing.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's sad that parts of the US are starting to look like the middle east.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The really sad part is I don't think it's as much incompetence as it is on purpose. They seem to find any way they can to dumb down entire populations.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: luckskywatcher

A lot of the major cities are falling apart.

Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Milwaukee etc, put on a pretty face, but they are falling apart.

The "common" areas are spreading.

Just look on youtube at most major cities, and it's sad.

Urbex exploring is booming cause of all the abandonded neighborhoods and businesses.

Jobs aren't coming back, people got left behind with nowhere to go.

Drugs have hit a lot of the big cities hard, unemployment is of the charts.

IMO the American dream is dead.

And the landscape isn't getting and prettier as time goes on.

Just my 2 cents.

~Cheers~

edit on 3-5-2017 by Black_Fox because: SpELLinG

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Good points about the lead-in-water problems.

They say lead poisoning helped bring down the Roman Empire.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

It's bad all over yes. A product of the last wonderful 40 yrs of government interference. It could get better but it seems doubtful at this point. Optimism isn't very strong among the people at the moment.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: luckskywatcher

The really sad part is I don't think it's as much incompetence as it is on purpose. They seem to find any way they can to dumb down entire populations.

I totally agree. It sure wasn't an accident or a coincidence that Flint residents had to go through all that they did. It's not rocket science.... some folks are benefiting off the suffering of others.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Good points about the lead-in-water problems.

They say lead poisoning helped bring down the Roman Empire.

Wow -- hadn't thought about it, but it sure makes sense. Caligua... Nero...

Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Yeah, no one wants to talk about meth epidemics in the rural red zones either, but neither one is really relevant. The gang bangers and meth heads aren't exactly racing out to the voting booths and turning the tides of elections.

There's a big difference between correlation and causation.
edit on 5/3/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join