It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the butterfly effect..2004

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

www.imdb.com...

Evan Treborn grows up in a small town with his single, working mother and his friends. He suffers from memory blackouts where he suddenly finds himself somewhere else, confused. Evan's friends and mother hardly believe him, thinking he makes it up just to get out of trouble. As Evan grows up he has fewer of these blackouts until he seems to have recovered. Since the age of seven he has written a diary of his blackout moments so he can remember what happens. One day at college he starts to read one of his old diaries, and suddenly a flashback hits him like a brick

this is a fantastic movie. it gets a lot of negative reviews and i dont know why. i think cause ashton is in it and most people dismiss it just for that. if youre a fan of sci fi and/or like movies about mental issues you should watch this.

i will say there are 4 endings depending on which version you get. if you decide to watch try to watch the directors cut version of it because that ending changes the whole perception of the movie. it is also a fantastic ending to a movie like this.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow, this looks like something I can really get into! Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh, just found it on youtube.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It really was a good movie.

I think the ratings had more to do with Ashton Kutcher and his portrayal of a dimwitted stoner in That 70's Show and Dude Where's My Car, also Punked.

Too bad because he actually did very well.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I enjoy this movie a lot, this is a movie I wouldn't mind tons of different versions because there is so many possibilities!
edit on 5/2/2017 by 5ofineed5aladder because: Accidentally posted

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

trust me on the directors cut....still a fabulous movie but that directors ending is the shizz.

im going to spoil it at the bottom for people that have watched the movie but may not have seen that ending....

and jinmi, i think youre right....he was/is pretty typecast. this is definitely his best movie by far. the guardian was good too but this is his best work

spoiler below

at the end he projects back and strangles himself in the womb before he is born because he knows the common thread between all the bad # that has happened is him.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thats #ed up! I had no idea. The only ending I saw was where they crossed paths on the street at the end, and then he just kept on walking after they bumped into each other. Christ, strangling yourself in the womb, how is that even possible?? Did he even think about the consequences to his own parents and that maybe they would become suicidal or alcohol/drug addicts as a result?? It also would not have stopped Amy Smart's character's father from being the sick perv that he was. I mean after all, it was happening before they even met.

Damn, I prefer the theatrical ending now that I just read that.
edit on 5-2-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's a brilliant movie not seen it for ages but definitely watchable

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I thought it was a really good movie. Interesting premise. I wasn't aware of alternate endings. Now I guess I'll have to eBay a copy.

I get the titles confused with A Sound of Thunder, for obvious reasons if you've seen both movies.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The reviews for your The Butterfly Effect are pretty bad:

www.imdb.com...

But I think Valhalla Rising was a much worse film. Check out these reviews:

www.imdb.com...

I once read a movie review for the movie "Pompeii" and it said, "The volcano wasn't the only disaster in the film."

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
stay away from reviews unless they are from people who have similar movie interests as yourself. Otherwise you will miss some serious gems, and watch utter crap based solely on someone's opinion who may not even share the same taste in cinema.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

www.imdb.com...

But I think Valhalla Rising was a much worse film. Check out these reviews:

www.imdb.com...

I once read a movie review for the movie "Pompeii" and it said, "The volcano wasn't the only disaster in the film."

I actually thought Valhalla Rising was pretty decent killing action, not so much on speaking cause they're isn't much lol.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I watched Valhalla Rising and thought it was one of the worse movies, if not the worse movie, I've ever watched. I look at the reviews afterwards.

The Pompeii review my wife read. That one is really funny.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

www.imdb.com...

i know
thats why i said as much in my OP

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I watched Valhalla Rising and thought it was one of the worse movies, if not the worse movie, I've ever watched. I look at the reviews afterwards.

The Pompeii review my wife read. That one is really funny.

You want a very bad movie, watch Sharknado it's bloody awful,, looks like a 12 pence budget same as bad Milo although that's funny.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If I remember correctly, there is a part where he goes back and is talking with his mother as he's in the womb and she mentions something about hoping this one survives, as she's lost a previous baby... implying that it has happened before.. but then it was a girl.

I vaguely recall that part..

Still, it's movies like this that give me that "what if" dichotomy.

What if you never spoke to that girl you met by chance, never married her, lived the rest of your life watching your children, grand children, entire family grow... all the memories, all the moments that create an entire life. would it be like losing them, to have never had them?

What if you had spoke to that girl, grew old, etc, and some twist of fate took you back to that moment and forced you to watch as some new event made it so that you didn't speak to her. Would you fight to not lose everything? Your kids, grand kids, wife?

does my head in... because how many times have we missed that opportunity for a completely different life, just never knew.. what have we really lost..

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

want a worse movie?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

not exactly.

spoiler

he watches a home movie of his birth instead of watching the movie of he and kayla and projects to that moment and strangles himself

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

want a worse movie?

Ok i'll give you that, it's shameful even to have made that film, funny though couldn't help but laugh.

Got another bad one for you.. Hercules 1983 it shouldn't have been made.
edit on 2 5 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Yes sharknado is awful BUT have you seen sandsharks lol, people jumping up on rrocks getting away from sharks swimming through the sand? Lol. You can ALMOST suspend ur disbelief in that movie, loved it, lol!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join