It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Will Never Travel At Light Speed Or Anywhere Near To It.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: alldaylong
This is just my opinion.

In our own Solar System alone there are around 500,000 asteroids already discovered. There are possibly much larger numbers out there.

Travelling at light speed or a good percentage off it, you could hit an asteroid before you even knew it was there. End of journey.

Anyone agree ?

Doesnt matter . To travel at light speed would take an infinite amount of energy . (actually to even get near light speed) . Theory states at least as much as the universe has produced in its lifespan .

That assumming you go through the theory and not around like I do with cancelling out the "mass" of the object. Cancell out the mass,and that negates gravitys pull on it. Negating that drop energy requirements.

The only feasible way to "negate " mass would be to completely break it down to information . Aint gonna happen.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Like how a super conductor takes 3+1 and converts it to 1+1. No more particles just. Waveform.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

ALready been done. The triangles use it themselves. Try again.

The Mass reduction..not the turning it to information. In the field they run they FLOAT and are lighter than air.
edit on 17000000ppam by yuppa because: clarification

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The Mass reduction..not the turning it to information. In the field they run they FLOAT and are lighter than air.

Would have to be information .Or Element 0 that negates mass (re: Mass Effect and Mass Relays) . Any starting mass would become infinite at close to light speed.That is if you believe Einstein.
edit on 5/4/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Would have to be information .Or Element 0 that negates mass (re: Mass Effect and Mass Relays) . Any starting mass would become infinite at close to light speed.That is if you believe Einstein.

My how the young think in such linear terms. You need to think beyond the box and look at the loop holes. Some people have already given you enough hints. No one said Einstein was wrong, but no one also said they couldn't find a glitch.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bornsecrets

My how the young think in such linear terms. You need to think beyond the box and look at the loop holes. Some people have already given you enough hints. No one said Einstein was wrong, but no one also said they couldn't find a glitch.

True. the way i describe is a bending of the rules. Einstein was never 100 percent right all th etime.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We will never travel at light speed, the physics are impossible (at least as far as we know). Thankfully we don't need to, there are ways to travel slower than light and still beat it in a race. The warping of space makes it possible to manipulate space behind and in front of you ("Warp Drive") to go from A to B faster than light, without actually traveling at light speed. Also wormholes ("Hyperdrive") make it possible to go "faster" than light. These concepts are perfectly allowable in physics, though obviously incredibly difficult to master. If we believe Einstein in that we can't travel as fast as light, then we must believe the Einstein-Rosen Bridge and other concepts that arise from his theory.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

In a sense youre right but one may be able to alter the value of light speed to be many factors higher than it currently is in a vacuum. A vacuums not a vacuum. Its got that heisenberg quantum fluctuating thing going on with the virtual particles. Where do you think the observed zitterbewegung comes from.

So no you cant travel faster than light. But you can make the speed of light 10, 50 or more times faster than it normally would be in a vacuum and you get around special relativity issues too.

No time dialation or insane energy levels. No idiotic albucurrie(sp) drive or warping of space. Just altered refractive indexes.

And if obe really wanted to create negative energy relative to the vacuum to harness the pressure of the vacuum why not just use quantum optical squeezing techniques with EM resonant plasma cavities. Do the casimir thing on a macro scale.

Another thing to consider. A superconductor in effect convert all the little electrons in the superconductor into one giant super electron with a corresponding giant sized compton wavelength thats actually accessible. And it convert the electron into a waveform. Which then can couple via bosons to virtual particles in the vacuum. Metric engineering of the vacuum.
edit on 4-5-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bornsecrets

My how the young think in such linear terms.

My , how folks ASSUME stuff about other folks and show how wrong they can be
I passed young and ignorant a long time ago . And fantasizing about such stuff as FTL
Sounds like I AM NOT the yung un in this conversation
Glitch ? You know this is hardcore physics and not science fiction , right ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join