It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking Beyond the Obvious On How We Can Save Ourselves And The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Take a look at this Ted talk which will give you insight into the human condition. Pay close attention to 14th minute to the end. But especially pay close attention to the 17th minute on. Once you think beyond the obvious, you will understand what we need to do to save ourselves. It's a very entertaining 20 minute talk:

www.ted.com...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Coming together as a species.

I'll watch the vid soon.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Be the change you wan to see in the world.

Walk the talk.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Be the change you wan to see in the world.

Walk the talk.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's exactly how I think.
Be the best person you can be, And always help others be the best they can.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Please watch these several minutes. The guy, a Swedish professor, is as informative as you can get in his few minutes. He stuffs your head with short, directed info to prove his point.
And at the end...you won't believe how he ends his very science-based lecture with an old display of skill not often found these days. You will go away remembering the man, his lecture and his unique form of closing entertainment.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

It's just amazing how people do not watch the video. I thought it was awesome and over the top funny at the end. Oh well. It just goes to show you how people will protect their own prejudice and bigotry. You could call Hans a globalist elite type person everyone is terrified about. But when you hear him speak he makes a pretty simple and logical argument. His idea on culture is very important. I think at some point, when we have total manufacturing automation, jobs are only going to come from having culture. How or why people get paid is going to have to change otherwise factory automation is going to collapse society because there will be no customers with money. Of course, I imagine factory robots could become consumers. It just bothers me people are closed minded when Hans really may have the solution to all our problems and how we can save the world from total collapse.

edit on 2-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Did you watch the video of shrug it off with a wave of you hand like you always do?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You could say that again...oh, wait.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

On 8 minutes and enjoying it a lot. He's got a good presence and the bubbles/balloons in the presentation reinforce his message in an easy to understand way.

Higher GDP brings lower child mortality and increasing populations with higher standards of living. It also means nations, blocs and unions can out-compete rivals. I guess destabilising rivals throttles their GDPs and makes competition asymmetrical. Great from a capitalist/business/markets point of view and not so good from a humanitarian perspective. Business 101.

Continuing....

ETA - Excellent! Those street graphics are so effective. His argument is one we should all share. Could quibble over his scores for governance, human rights, education and so forth. Who cares when the message is so well intended?

Is he on WIndows XP in there? Where do the huge trousers come from? 2007 is almost like the 70s. Yes for the curtain closer.

edit on 5.2.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join