It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox co-president Bill Shine ousted in latest fallout from sexual harassment scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Shortly after the New York Magazine reporter broke the news on Twitter, 21st Century Fox CEO Rupert Murdoch put out a statement confirming Shine’s resignation. In addition to Shine’s resignation, Murdoch also announced that Suzanne Scott would be taking over as the president of programming, while Jay Wallace would take over as president of news.

So will Fox maintain the conservative mouth piece for Trump? Both Suzanne and Jay are fine journalist and probably won't give much credence to Mr. Twitter.

Fox has reaped what it has sown in upper management and the changes could be drastic and not entirely favorable to the GOP.

That pretty much leaves it up to Drudge, Brietbart and Alex Jones....lol

edit on 1-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm sure CNN and MSNBC have never done any wrong. I wonder if someone is going to dig up some dirt with some notable people working at those news organizations. Bring them down to the level they should be at.

Fair is fair in my opinion. After all I'm sure there has to be something going on thats less than favorable and scandalous.
edit on 1-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'm all for fair journalism, the good with the bad, as long as it's done with honesty and integrity. Is that too much to ask for?

What am I saying, of course it is...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This came out of nowhere yet many will say it's all a Liberal conspiracy to take down Fox News and if that were true that would be amazing, but it's not true at all. Liberals didn't force Alies, O'Reilly, and player three to harass women at the workplace. Liberals didn't force Fox News to settle multiple sexual harassment lawsuits over a decade and many they kept a secret from their own investors. Liberals didn't take down O'Reilly, Fox losing money did, which shows how much Fox News cares about sexual harassment in the workplace. They don't, they only care about the money.

This is the environment Fox News has created and enabled for decades and only now is something being done about it.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

This isn't about CNN or MSNBC but if it makes ya feel better then rest assured CNN does have a discrimination lawsuit pending, or maybe it's settled by now. Stop deflecting and stay on target, that target being Fox News.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Caution you are entering a NO SPIN ZONE.

Wouldn't it be a blast, if Mr No Spin Zone ends up having a program on CNN???

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So will Fox maintain the conservative mouth piece for Trump?

Does Rupert Murdoch still own the company?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes because every other notable network is much more morally righteous than Fox and cares about the integrity of journalism and not the money.

So in other words, you're in favor of a bias news network that is owned and caters to only one group?

Oh wait..

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Some battles should not be started. A wise old man told me that and I can see this is only the beginning of the blood letting.

Going to be no dollar unspent to bring everything and everyone down.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You see, you're just projecting your political bias onto me. Lemme guess, you're a Fox News fan? Either way, I'm not but you might be surprised to learned I'm not a fan of CNN or MSNBC either. You people and your deflections.

What I do care about is integrity in the workplace, especially from a YUGE corporation like Fox News. Every single company I've worked for, military included, has/had zero tolerance for sexual harassment. Fox News clearly has a lot of tolerance for sexual harassment in their workplace. So much so, the company settled many, many bigly lawsuits and never punished the perpetrators, that is until now and they only did it because other YUGE corporations were pulling their advertisements which costs Fox News money.

So Fox News obviously doesn't care about sexual harassment, only losing money.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm projecting? Or your partisan is leaking all over the place. You said it would be amazing if liberals were taking over Fox.

I don't watch nor am I a fan of any news network. I myself want honest journalism, but good luck trying to find that.

I'm pretty sure everyone is against sexual harassment in the workplace, but unfortunately that dynamic exist in many places even outside of the news and for you to critisize fox for only caring about money is really short sighted because I'm sure even you can admit everyone else also only cares about the $$$.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The reason it would be amazing is because if it were true that means Liberals are more powerful than you or I ever thought, not because YAY team. I'm not a liberal and I don't pigeon hole myself to a political party or ideology. So I don't have any political bias leaking anywhere.

No, clearly not everyone is against sexual harassment. Fox News isn't, Roger Ailes isn't or the rest of the dirty old man crew. The good news is, a majority of businesses are but Fox News ain't one of them and the proof is in the pudding.

Tell me, why are you attacking me and defending Fox News?

edit on 1-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
This is the environment Fox News has created and enabled for decades and only now is something being done about it.

I have to agree with you--it certainly seems like there was a good-ole-boy network in FoxNews where harassment and the like against females was present, possibly tolerated, and possibly encouraged.

I've worked with plenty of women in my day, and I wouldn't be surprised that the roles have been reversed at FoxNews, too. I'm not saying it's okay, and I'm not downplaying that harassment that has come to light, but I am saying that I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was much more a co-ed lockerroom-esque setting, and some people didn't like that, so they complained.

But rightfully so, if it made them uncomfortable or it was too aggressive. But then again, maybe a workplace like that--again, IF that is what it is--isn't the right fit for them.

If only there was a fly on the wall that could tell us everything that goes on at these places...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Caution you are entering a NO SPIN ZONE.

Wouldn't it be a blast, if Mr No Spin Zone ends up having a program on CNN???

Without advertising sponsoring his show he's toast. Advertisers bailed on his show; that's why fox let him go, not sexual harassment. It's always about the money.

It's capitalism, free enterprise and business as usual....

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

First of all I'm not attacking you, nor am I defending Fox. Just look at my first reply to this thread. I could care less about Fox.

The hypocrisy and the seemingly willful ignorance is too hard to ignore sometimes and I just wanted to give you a gentle reminder.

No hard feelings.

edit on 1-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

First thing you do is serve up a little I know you are but what am I?
First post. No defense of Fox just oh I'm sure CNN and MSNBC have blah blah. Not even an accusation . Just an oh I'm sure redirect.

Too funny.
I'm lovin this place less and less every day.
Quality is dying.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It NEVER WAS.

Only someone that NEVER watched it would ever say something so egregious.

Those limosine liberals. The Murdoch boys have nothing but contempt for everything 'right'.

Which is why the manufacture villains being fired.

Fox News haters got their wish.

Fox is dead.

Long live the one party state media.

The propaganda arm of the DNC.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Does Rupert Murdoch still own the company?

There is a rumor that a Saudi prince has a yuggge steak in the parent company along with Ruppert.

bigthink.com...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Doing nothing is the same as doing something when it comes to employee sexual harassment complaints.
If you don't take these complaints seriously victims are going to continue to seek a lawyer rather than HR. If HR is going to be a shield for management rather than a resource for employees they are going to take it out of house. I've heard lawyers recommending that already.
Obviously this house cleaning should have happened in Sept .

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hail Caesar.

You so silly.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join