It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane spotters with £2.99 app expose top secret UK spy plane off Russia:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Plane spotters with £2.99 app expose top secret UK spy plane off Russia: Highly-classified mission involving £650m aircraft is watched by thousands online

Too bad I missed this. I was in the hospital this week.

But luckily enough some of you guys got to track Rivet Joint...... anyone?

Seems that 2 F-35 a's were ahead of the craft. And Rivet joint was there to see if the Russians could track the F-35's.

Does that sound right?

A top-secret British spy plane was tracked using a £2.99 mobile phone app as it flew on a daring mission to eavesdrop on Vladimir Putin’s air defences.
The £650 million RAF aircraft, called Rivet Joint, could be seen at 27,000ft as it tried to gather intelligence about a heavily defended Russian base on the Baltic Sea.
A minute-by-minute record of the highly classified mission to study the Kaliningrad naval air base was watched by hundreds of thousands of people on the internet, and details were shared on Twitter.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Rivet Joint, Combat Sent, and Airseeker were all in the area and all three were broadcasting the whole time. They arrived in the area just ahead of the F-35s and left just after them. They deliberately broadcast so people knew they were there. They weren't there to study the base, they were there to grab any signals of systems used to look at the F-35s.
edit on 4/30/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I just seen a picture of the Rivet Joint, and my goodness that thing is ugly!
But I can just imagine the tech being utilized inside of it.

As the saying goes; It's what's on the inside that counts

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'd say something about a TR3 but I don't want a slapping .
SO we are back to the cold war games,any funny stories about "communicating "with bear crews

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The rc135 isnt that ugly. I always thought they looked like a pidgeon with its fat cheeks and black nose in contrast to its bi-grey color scheme.
edit on 30-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Good point what about the tr3b.

Hey zaph why dont they just use the tr3b instead to suck up all the sigint?

I heard the tr3b can do jstar, awac, joint rivet, double jointed C3, P0 and isr rolls simultaneously.

Hoping my protective karate fat absorbs zaphs incoming hail of smackery.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

In laymans, the airplanes need to know who is looking at them before they blend in. In order to defend, you must first be attacked. Lesser laymans The f35 will now learn how to block, trick, or avoid the attacker in future encounters...
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago270904pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

PAYLOAD at a guess?
ALSO I bet that exotic stuff plays HELL with circuits

Are WE patrolling Alaska and the new Russian base near there?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Plus id imagine it would also give the us and her friends the status of russias latest and best aircraft detection methods and capabilities. Im sure the russians are jumping at the opportunity to get as much real world metrics on the f35s stealth abilities as they can.

I still woulda used the tr3b though.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Payloads? The tr3b is 600 feet per side and uses antigravity. They can fit plenty in her. During slow times they use the tr3b to transport stuff for the PX and Bachelor Officers Quarters at forward bases.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You realize that's what i said.... in order to get better at its stealth capabilities, it needs to know how its being looked at.....

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yeah but i still think the tr3b should have been used. They would have been able to get more than just sigint.

But in all seriousness it helps more than just the f35. Its good for the usa as it tells us where russias at with their detecting abilities not just for f35 but in general it shows what benchmark they are at which allows us to develop programs accordingly.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Good point what about the tr3b.

Hey zaph why dont they just use the tr3b instead to suck up all the sigint?

I heard the tr3b can do jstar, awac, joint rivet, double jointed C3, P0 and isr rolls simultaneously.

Hoping my protective karate fat absorbs zaphs incoming hail of smackery.

If you can visualize a triangle being overly crammed with every measure you can imagine and then some, you would suspect that the mission was for the F-35s that would, of course, have a far less ability given their typical aircraft structure. But I doubt that you will get a raise from the status quo folks about anything like a magical triangle machine that does not move by jets. That's a no-no topic.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Sure is neat though. Acknowledged or not. And fast....and quiet. And other things i wont go into.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Combat Sent is the ugly one.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

A lot of what is going to be looking at them is already cataloged and programmed. The three were there because this was a golden opportunity to get things that they normally might not, if the Russians decided to bring something new to the table. Rivet Joint and Airseeker were there to grab any communications opportunities that arose, and Combat Sent to gather any radar data.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
U2 flight near the same area soon?Or did that do a pass earlier to see what was there?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I wouldn't be surprised if one was in the area. Or a few other assets that we didn't see broadcasting. An MC-12 or something along those lines.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
But Its not a catalyst to ww3 since its not a NK plane though, right?

No calls for sanctions or demands why or what this plane was doing where it was huh?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It's not a catalyst, and there are no calls for sanctions because they were in international airspace. Or are you going to claim that they can't go into international airspace and do what they want? I don't seem to recall any calls to war when Russian planes do the exact same thing they were doing, except by an ignorant few.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join